The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hello Thursday - I've been tracking its arrival by the alarm clock hour by hour, knackered and I've got a long day of meetings in Birmingham :(

Later the family are back from their holiday which is good
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

I don't know why I'm so tired, I think I slept ok! Maybe age is catching up with me, does 6 hours sleep not work for old people?

Today I have more of the same. Well, I'll actually be doing more of my freelance work during work today than anything I'm being 'paid' to do as I really want to get it finished.

After that, I'm heading over to Bury to have some grub and then watch a concert with some friends. Should be nice.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Morning all,
    Had a reasonable 6 hour kip last night, that's usually enough for me. You'd have to ask someone really old, like Stevo. Mind you I do catch up on sleep at the weekends. Mildly busy this morning with a couple of large orders which is always good. Didn't drink too much last night as I was feeling rough, that probably helps with not feeling too bad today. Might go and join the EPO for lunch later.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Hola twunts,

Had a good days skiing with seven guests, think they'll be feeling a bit fatigued this evening!

Laters
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Had a reasonable 6 hour kip last night, that's usually enough for me. You'd have to ask someone really old, like Stevo. Mind you I do catch up on sleep at the weekends. Mildly busy this morning with a couple of large orders which is always good. Didn't drink too much last night as I was feeling rough, that probably helps with not feeling too bad today. Might go and join the EPO for lunch later.
    Onwards and upwards...
    I had to wake up and reply to that :) Never a good sight when you have 'keyboard face' in the office.

Properly busy day but I am going out for some booze tonight.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,
    Today has mostly been spent wondering what day it is. Thanks to this thread I wonder no more, should've checked sooner.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    oodboo wrote:
    Afternoon,
    Today has mostly been spent wondering what day it is. Thanks to this thread I wonder no more, should've checked sooner.
    Laters
    It's a valuable social service isn't it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    Friday

Morning Losers!

The concert last night was brilliant! The pub grub was just as good too. More nights like that would be welcomed.

Today, last day of me by myself, which would be nice as yesterday was a nightmare. Loads of people asking for stuff, then a studio computer slowly died throughout the day and a lesser-minion came in, apologising he was late, I asked why he was in and he said "It's my appraisal" I just banged my head on the desk :roll:

I also need to ring the doctor after I got a voicemail saying "Phone us back for a chat. It's not urgent, but it is important" :shock: Err, ok.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    House is busy with the family back which is good. Today is working from home as I need to go to the dentist

Later, well it's Friday so it's obviously the pub - hopefully for more than two which was last night pitiful attempt
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Today we're off to a wetlands centre to see some lego animals. I understand there's some real ones there as well but no-one cares about that sort of thing anymore.
    Laters

Strava
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Very glad it's Fryday, I'm knackered and need a weekend. Hopefully it will be a fairly quiet one. Going to the cafe for lunch then bunking off early which is good. Trying to get all my work done without any cockups today, unfortunately most of it is out of my control.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Was up and about early this morning. Got a 10 mile ride in before 8.30. I have the day off so should have had a lie in!
    Waiting for the family to complete their ablutions and then we're off to Cardiff for shopping and lunch.
    Later this afternoon will be bike fettling and procrastinating.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Happy fryday chums,

Been running around getting stuff sorted for the chalet for the final few days that the miserable chalet girls 'forgot' somehow its all turned out to be my problem!

In other news it appears a decent restaurant in Morzine went up in flames last night! Good end of season insurance claim i reckon.

Toodles
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    The dullness of a dull friday walk may now have the glimmer of light which is a pub at the end!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Evening all, nine days off so no complaints!

Time to getting planning the WHW, whether the weather is going to play ball is the key question..
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Today we're off to a wetlands centre to see some lego animals. I understand there's some real ones there as well but no-one cares about that sort of thing anymore.
    Laters

Not all, but some American dentists do.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • Stevo_666
    'Kin busy day, but I left tbe minions crunching numbers that I'll have to review tomorrow. I'm knackered now but if I can summon up the energy I'll enter the fantasy DH
  • tlw1
    Yeah - Saturday

Usual early start with kids, doing some work and posting here first, then off to do the park run with the kids

Then off for a day out in Ludlow, later will be based around the local pub
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Lovely sunny start up here in Bury, though I believe it's going to change later. Busy day ahead, need to do some more Wedding mixing, then help my mum take a couple of old fidges to the tip, then my aunt is on her way over from Harrogate to take me out for dinner, then go along to the football.

At some point, I really need to charge my phone too.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Managed to get my team entered into the fantasy DH last night. Fortunately its only you lot to compete with :)

Got a few jobs to do then unfortunately have to review our year end tax numbers this evening. At least I don't have to go into the office.
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Got visitors coming round today, they're not here yet and I already want to tell them to fark off.
    Laters

Strava
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    Legs have recovered today from our first big outing yesterday at Dalby. Steak tonight at our local Miller and Carter Steakhouse. First time eating at Miller and Carter so high hopes.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • veronese68
    Evening all,
    Traditional slow start was had, this was followed by taking the female child out to meet some friends whilst the wife and I did a spot of shopping for house related stuff and had a coffee. Bit of pottering about this afternoon was interrupted by a calll from a mate asking if I fancied a little ride down the tow path for a pint. Got rather wet and muddy as the tide was high, but was receding. Had to go through a couple of rather deep sections, thankfully not quite deep enough to submerge bearings. made it to a couple of pubs, more time was spent drinking than riding. Teddington Studios are no more, looks like a bomb site.
  • mikeyj28
    mikeyj28 Posts: 754
    oodboo wrote:
    Morning,
    Got visitors coming round today, they're not here yet and I already want to tell them to fark off.
    Laters

Ha ha! I can understand where you're coming from here.
    Constantly trying to upgrade my parts.It is a long road ahead as things are so expensive for little gain. n+1 is always the principle in my mind.
  • tlw1
    M9DBO wrote:
    Legs have recovered today from our first big outing yesterday at Dalby. Steak tonight at our local Miller and Carter Steakhouse. First time eating at Miller and Carter so high hopes.

Feeling disappointed today then
  • tlw1
    Sunday

Out on the MTB with some pals at Eastridge and then over to the long mynd in a minute - should be good

Then its lots of house stuff and possible my folks coming over with some friends. Later is a decent Sunday lunch cooked by the current wife.
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Sunny start here in Bury! Sadly, I'm doing my usual commitments so not really going to be able to enjoy it.

Bury won yesterday, which was awesome.

That's pretty much it.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Morning Losers!

Sunny start here in Bury! Sadly, I'm doing my usual commitments so not really going to be able to enjoy it.

Bury won yesterday, which was awesome.

That's pretty much it.

Laters!

Haven't seen the sun in a while here in Nevada, been nothin but rain but I'm not complainin!

We needed it, that's or sure.

Enjoy your day!!
  • M9DBO
    M9DBO Posts: 175
    TLW1 wrote:
    M9DBO wrote:

Feeling disappointed today then

Lol.

After a rocky start with untrained cocktail staff making long island iced teas that looked and tasted as if a two year old had made them, not bad fillet steak to be fair. A good meal all round. Bit pricy though.

Today is cutting grass, fixing some dead patches on the lawn, eating food, walking the dog, hopefully a quick ride out, maybe a dog run/mountain bike combo again as it went really well last time. Then later getting ready for going back to work after two weeks off.
    I am the Orange stereotype and loving it.
  • Stevo_666
    Afternoon mongs,

Fairly uneventful day here although may need to do some work later on to finish off our year end reporting gumph. Naff all else to report for now!