Volta a Catalunya 2016 *Spoilers*

Comments

• inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I never know whether i'm watching a live stream or a recording. Whatever I find Thomas de Gendt is off the front...
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Weening makes the bridge from the chasers to the top 2. Looks good, though the gap isn't big enough.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    There seem to be riders all over the place, I'm completely lost. What happened to Poels?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    edited March 2016
    There seem to be riders all over the place, I'm completely lost. What happened to Poels?

He's off the front of the peloton and just teamed up with Swift who was in the earlier break.
  • Sky have a plan it seems
  • There seem to be riders all over the place, I'm completely lost. What happened to Poels?
    This race isn't best at giving time gaps.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Nothing. He's attacked and Swift has dropped back from the break to help out. Typical boring Sky again.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Nothing. He's attacked and Swift has dropped back from the break to help out. Typical boring Sky again.
    And Gilbert is now with them
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    RichN95 wrote:

Thanks. (And to others above).

I thought he'd been dropped and Swift was helping him back.

Of course, it's the sort of negative robotic cycling that race radios encourage.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Erviri (MOV) was the sole leader, but he has been caught and passed by Weening (ROP) with 17km to go. Poels is on the final climb chasing having left Gilbert and Swift for dead.
  • RonB
    Weening looks real old school, grinding away in a big gear. Some of the favourites are finally making a move from the main group. 15 to go.
  • My legs are hurting watching Weening grind his way up this climb
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Even Frenchie's effort at a banner was better than that.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    Can't see where Froome or any Sky are in the main group, sitting a long way back?
  • Sky are nowhere near the front
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,705
    Tinkoff train = good
    Sky train = bad.

Unless Weening grinds himself to a halt, he's got this won.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • RichN95.
    Can't see where Froome or any Sky are in the main group, sitting a long way back?
    About mid pack. A couple of wheels behind Contador.
  • RonB
    Weening still solo up front. Time gaps? 5'35" to the peloton around 1 min to Poels and the remains of the earlier break. 12 to go.
  • The_Boy
    I don't want to beone of *those* people, but a race that can't provide proper time gaps should be nuked from orbit.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Also, that road surface must be a nightmare after a long day in the saddle.
  • RonB
    10km to go for big ring Weening. No idea where Poels is. Between Weening and de Gendt/ Erviti or between those two and the diminished peloton?
  • RichN95.
    RonB wrote:
    10km to go for big ring Weening. No idea where Poels is. Between Weening and de Gendt/ Erviti or between those two and the diminished peloton?
    A long way behind them
  • The_Boy
    RonB wrote:

The latter.

De Gendt/Erviti as the remnants of the BotD and are around 1 minute behind Weening. No idea what the gap is from Poels to the peloton though.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Weening looks like he is winnign for the memory of de Heer Cruyff but it's pretty much impossible to tell...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    Hang on. Cruyff is dead?

Eurosport: entertaining AND educational.
  • ddraver
    Ah, now a Sky has been caught by the break and Mig Lopez attacks with 7 to go
    - @ddraver
  • The_Boy
    Is that Poels getting Sky-ed?
  • RonB
    Thanks folks. Obvious really since the team car is still with him. Not so sneaky gel for him there!
  • ddraver
    Carlton saying gap of 5 mins but from where to where is anybody's guess ( this time not becasue of Carlton though)
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    Weening looks like he is winnign for the memory of de Heer Cruyff but it's pretty much impossible to tell...
    And ironically had to pass no. 14 (Herviti?) to do so. Go Pieter