Volta ao Algarve ****No spoilers yet****

Comments

• They're going down like flies at Sky Towers

Literally, in poor David Lopez's case. Carted off to hospital after a crash in today's stage
  • interview with G after stage 2 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8cpIK-aGko

broken collarbone for Lopez
  • interview with G after stage 2 :

I swear, the words 'just get stuck in and see what happens' will be Geraint's epitaph
  • ^^^^^^ :lol::lol: ^^^^^^
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,231
    interview with G after stage 2 :

I swear, the words 'just get stuck in and see what happens' will be Geraint's epitaph

As a single man, such an epitaph might've served him well: I'd like to see how his missus goes with it when she says " G - you're going to be a dad!". After a career of appearing unflappable, I'd like just one moment where he's apparently crapping himself.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    OCDuPalais wrote:

As a single man, such an epitaph might've served him well: I'd like to see how his missus goes with it when she says " G - you're going to be a dad!". After a career of appearing unflappable, I'd like just one moment where he's apparently crapping himself.
    When England got a penalty near the end of the Rugby World Cup match, he probably crapped himself. He would have then pissed himself laughing like the rest of Wales.

Of my best friends, the one who is 100% Cardiff is just like Geraint.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • OCDuPalais wrote:

if they decided to have a child, I can imagine G to tell his wife: " just get stuck in and see what happens" :lol:
  • All there is to see.

https://youtu.be/LEQ5QVwILGE
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • ^cheers, chap
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,327
    Some more... Not for the very short highlight like the previous link but for the steephilltv link which I have never heard of.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Last+500m+of+Stage+2&dashboard=volta-ao-algarve&id=uXkvnUgocz0&yr=2016
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Live timing here for the ITT, which is underway

http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Vol ... age_3_ITT_
  • Cancellara crushes everyone with his second half split.
    Tony Martin takes over the race lead by just 3 seconds from Geraint, who finished 3rd in the ITT.
    Overnight leader Leon Luis Sanchez crashed out and is hospital bound.
  • pinno
    I know that was a short ITT but I hope that is a sign that Cancellara has recovered, gained some form and is going to go out with a bang rather than a whimper.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Ouch... poor Sanchez. Thomas had suggested that it was going to be windy...
  • pinno
    dish_dash wrote:
    Ouch... poor Sanchez. Thomas had suggested that it was going to be windy...

You mean he watched the weather forecast?! Bast4rd.
  • Another good ride by Pinot. Impressive by G.

Anyone know where I can place bets for Podiums, not just outright wins on TDF?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Another good ride by Pinot. Impressive by G.

Anyone know where I can place bets for Podiums, not just outright wins on TDF?

Nowhere yet. Well, possibly betfair, but liquidity n the market will be nil.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    What happened to LLS?
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,558
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    What happened to LLS?

According to the Organiser's twitter feed: "LL Sanchez has crashed!!! The yellow jersey has crashed in a round point and was taken to the hospital!"
  • Cancellara looking ominous.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • I'm not Fabs greatest fan - sacrilege, I know - but I kind of admire the fact that he's retiring whilst still on top of his game (tho in Fabs case, that no doubt means doing the Flanders-P-R double again)
  • Another Sky result that sees the sycophantic children of CN spitting out their dummies.
  • Dowsett now the 4th fastest tester in that Movistar squad?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Another Sky result that sees the sycophantic children of CN spitting out their dummies.

Yup, it's pathetic. Twitter is awash with people dumbfounded by G's 'new found TTing ability'. Pity they don't check PCS before they spew.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Another Sky result that sees the sycophantic children of CN spitting out their dummies.

Yup, it's pathetic. Twitter is awash with people dumbfounded by G's 'new found TTing ability'. Pity they don't check PCS before they spew.

Lots of thickos out there
  • jam1e
    jam1e Posts: 1,068
    What's even better is they're only upset because he beat True Champion(TM) and proven doper Bertie - that bastion of integrity.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    The funny things is Thomas is doing slightly worse than last year when he won the first mountain stage and was only three seconds behind Martin in the TT (also third then too)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • pinno
    You have to counter all this smaller race success with the fact that he is a Super Domestique, is employed in this capacity and when the Paris-Nice, the week long tours and the GT's kick off, his objectives will change accordingly.
    15th in the TdF is very respectable, all things considered but he'll have to be strong since Porte's absence and a little bit of the unknown. A guy like Froome in a team like SKY will have class to assist him. So why the surprise with Geraint Thomas?
  • RichN95 wrote:
    The funny things is Thomas is doing slightly worse than last year when he won the first mountain stage and was only three seconds behind Martin in the TT (also third then too)

Oh, you and your facts
  • Pinno wrote:
    You have to counter all this smaller race success with the fact that he is a Super Domestique, is employed in this capacity and when the Paris-Nice, the week long tours and the GT's kick off, his objectives will change accordingly.
    15th in the TdF is very respectable, all things considered but he'll have to be strong since Porte's absence and a little bit of the unknown. A guy like Froome in a team like SKY will have class to assist him. So why the surprise with Geraint Thomas?

Pinno, did you see that link Maca posted to a piece someone had written about why there was no point in replying to trolls posting comments? Cos there is no point in trying to talk reason with unreasonable people? That's what we're talking about here

I doubt very much most people on this forum are surprised by Geraint's TT today. He's been posting decent TT results for a good few years.