Which Cannondale??

13»

Comments

• MikeBrew
    MikeBrew Posts: 814
    peppern123 wrote:
    Looks like they only have the frame in 56, will have to get down the bike shop tomorrow and see if I can try one out

Hope you already bought one, as they appear to be all out of 56's now. It's a relief for me, else I'd have eventually bought one despite really not needing another bike.... :| I'm beginning to sort of see where the fairer(prettier not more fair-minded) sex are coming from with shoes.
  • simon t
    simon t Posts: 132
    Decided to buy a hi mod 56cm frame from Paul's.

Planning on eBay/sales bargains over the next few weeks. sram force, zondas, ritchey wcs finishing kit

Hopefully about 7kgs
  • mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,789
    Sounds fantastic.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I might try a 56cm SuperSix again. Felt bigger than my 58cm Focus when I have ridden before.

Enve do a 25.4mm seatpost too.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Very jealous
  • So I have measured myself tonight to be sure. Height is 5ft 10, inside leg 34 inches or 87cms. What frame do people think that would be ? 54??
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    Yes but it will have a low stack. Aren't they all gone now?
  • Will try and find another frame if not the 2014 model with sram red is still available in 56 and 54.
  • peppern123 wrote:
    So I have measured myself tonight to be sure. Height is 5ft 10, inside leg 34 inches or 87cms. What frame do people think that would be ? 54??

I'm 5ft 8 with a 79cm inseam and went for a 52. It fits me spot on with 20mm of spacers. You will definitely be wanting a 54.
  • They are all good bikes, I would personally go with the 2014 model. One because it is cheaper and those colors on that bike look so nice together.
  • I'm 5.10 and my 2014 56cm fits like a glove ;-)
  • MikeBrew
    Tricky, but I think with legs that long you'll have the seat post maxed out on a 54. The TT length only differs by 1.5cm between the 54 and 56, but you also have to bear in mind that the bars are 2cm lower in relation to the saddle for any given saddle height on the smaller frame size (assuming equal amounts of steerer spacers).
    The 54 will leave you arse up head down, and though the bars are horizontally slightly further away on the 56, you won't be reaching down from quite so far vertically to get to them. The answer lies in trigonometry, the length of your arms, and how supple you are.
  • Thanks Mike, not overly supple to be honest. Arms are approx 70cms if that helps??
  • brit66
    brit66 Posts: 350
    I'm a fraction over 5'10" (34" inside leg) and always thought my 54 cm CAAD9 was spot on - even though I had to add a 120 mm stem to get my position right.

However after much thought, as well as getting some side-on video taken of me on the bike, I've just brought a 56 cm Supersix. I was slightly concerned it would be too big but it's been a revelation and I feel oh so much more comfortable on it. Only now I realise how squished I am on the 54 cm CAAD9, which I still have.

Bottom line is - in terms of my experience anyway - is take your time and actually ride both before you spend all that money.
  • MikeBrew
    peppern123 wrote:
    Thanks Mike, not overly supple to be honest. Arms are approx 70cms if that helps??

Given that you say you're not that supple, the 56 would be a better choice on that alone. Add that to the experience of the poster immediately above who appears to share your proportions almost exactly ,Noste500 -56cm Evo and BristolPete5'9" -56cm HiMod , and the 56 sounds like a dead cert. Riding both before purchase would help, but very long test rides are needed to tell any real story, and that's not easy to organise in reality.
    Go with the 56 would be my advice. These bikes aren't designed to have an acre of seat post hanging out in the wind, they are a really quite conventional geometry.
  • Thanks Mike. 56 sounds like the one to go for, trying to get a test ride in with Evans on the 2015 model to get an idea.
  • bristolpete
    bristolpete Posts: 2,255
    Did a shrift 15 miles on mine today and 1000 feet of climbing. Have not ridden really since Nov as carried the worst man flu and cold over the winter and whilst still very wet and cold today, I was desperate to get out.

Very happy with it, but a few caveats raised their heads up. Needs better tyres than the stock 25mm giant ones I used /transferred over from my Defy build and feel compelled to buy 23mm GP4000's as think the bike needs 23mm tyres despite 25 fitting. Need to raise the shifters a few mm as running classic D and they felt a long way down on the hoods, but its all fettle-able.

Happy days. Regarding fit, as ever, my bike fit conforms to nothing, no matrix, no template. Just curate what feels good to you....! The days of someone telling me my bike fit is wrong are long over and as Mike says, the geometric eyes expects to see loadsa seat post with the raft of compact frames on the market, but not the case with the evo / supersix bikes.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Stick with 25's.

Open Pave CG's....
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • bristolpete
    Gweeds wrote:
    Stick with 25's.

Open Pave CG's....

Oh, mmmmm. Timing !

I just bought conti gp4000 II 's as a pair on offer as a trial tyre as hearing good things locally and online etc. I loved the older Open Pave, but not sure how the'yd stand up here at the moment as Devon lanes roubaix like atm and likely rip them to shreds, but I will add them to the bucket list...!

Thanks mate.
  • gweeds
    Gweeds wrote:
    Stick with 25's.

Open Pave CG's....

Oh, mmmmm. Timing !

I just bought conti gp4000 II 's as a pair on offer as a trial tyre as hearing good things locally and online etc. I loved the older Open Pave, but not sure how the'yd stand up here at the moment as Devon lanes roubaix like atm and likely rip them to shreds, but I will add them to the bucket list...!

Thanks mate.

Cool - I've had no joy with Conti's round here...
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • bristolpete
    Gweeds wrote:
    Gweeds wrote:
    Stick with 25's.

Open Pave CG's....

Oh, mmmmm. Timing !

Thanks mate.

Cool - I've had no joy with Conti's round here...

Tyres are a thorny subject. Ahem. I will get me coat ! :mrgreen:
  • gweeds
    Groan..
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Can't these differences between 54cm and 56cm be resolved with spacers/stem/setback seat post/bars?
  • bristolpete
    mamil314 wrote:
    Can't these differences between 54cm and 56cm be resolved with spacers/stem/setback seat post/bars?

That is what I have effectively done. I run inline on my bikes, have done after a eureka moment having a bike fit with Mike at Bike Dynamics some 5 years back where we established shortish inseam compared to overall height. I have since run inline or reversed seat clamps to get over the bike and the head tube is determined by the geo and feel. If you look at the 'dale sizing guides doing the rounds, it suggests my leg length is suited to a 50cm or a 52cm frame, yet I have the torso and thus weight/load of a 56cm type rider. Crazy really and far from ideal bike fit, but ho hum, I make it work for me.