Qatar SPOILERS

12346»

Comments

• I was surprised by the result after I'd looked at that photo finish. (had it recorded)
    One French commentator called it for Cav, the other not so sure.
    My conclusion is that Cav needs a bike extension.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Joelsim wrote:
    Who's Cav?

A cow's, likely ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Joelsim wrote:
    Who's Cav?

Top rate Kirby impression.

Nice one, boss.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Joelsim wrote:
    Who's Cav?

Top rate Kirby impression.

In a dad gag kind of way for sure.
  • ddraver wrote:
    I'm going to be accused of moodiness again but if he can't beat Kristoff in a drag race then he's a lot closer to finished...
    I think the Cav train isn't the best at this race while Katusha are setting up Kristoff very well....People may say the old Cav would still win those sort of sprints.
  • ddraver wrote:
    I'm going to be accused of moodiness again but if he can't beat Kristoff in a drag race then he's a lot closer to finished...
    I think the Cav train isn't the best at this race while Katusha are setting up Kristoff very well....People may say the old Cav would still win those sort of sprints.

I think he actually looks in decent nick. For concentrating on the track the last few months he is bound to lose a bit of his top end. Think that will come back when it needs to.
  • Doesn't Cavendish traditionally have a slow start to the season? His only problem recently has been following that up with a slow middle bit and a not-terribly fast bit at the end.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,002
    When is the final lympic selection? Way things are going Cav in danger of losing out on WT and track .
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    There aren't many pure sprinters who've just won a stage race who get this :O

But I still don't believe the Cav of old would have lost repeatedly against a pregnant Kristoff.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,490
    I was surprised by the result after I'd looked at that photo finish. (had it recorded)

Was thinking the same, I can't see how they can separate them at the front tyre but Cav's back tyre looks clearly in front.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Pross wrote:
    I was surprised by the result after I'd looked at that photo finish. (had it recorded)
    Was thinking the same, I can't see how they can separate them at the front tyre but Cav's back tyre looks clearly in front.
    I'm assuming Cav was finishing quicker than Kristoff which shortens the bike in a photo finish.
  • gotwood25 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

I think he actually looks in decent nick. For concentrating on the track the last few months he is bound to lose a bit of his top end. Think that will come back when it needs to.

He looks in decent nick indeed, considering he's been concentrating on very specific TP efforts for the last few months

He's not going to be recreating 2008-12 Cav, mind, those days are gone

But he'll accumulate wins this year
  • Pross wrote:

Do they ever call a draw?

Not being biased (because Cav is 'My Man'), but I've looked at the finish loads and I can't tell them apart, even in the photo finish.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150

Do they ever call a draw?
    Yes. Under 23 Worlds 2010. Phinney and Boivon were given joint third place for this

U23_RR_photo_finish_0004M01.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,612
    gotwood25 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

He looks in decent nick indeed, considering he's been concentrating on very specific TP efforts for the last few months

He's not going to be recreating 2008-12 Cav, mind, those days are gone

But he'll accumulate wins this year

Still can't beat Kittel head-to-head.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Still can't beat Kittel head-to-head.

Never has, never will? Kitten does seem to win or he's nowhere