Cologne, Hamburg & Stuttgart....

13»

Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Don't get me wrong.I AM NOT making excuses for it. It seems to be acceptable in their homeland and these men have no idea how to behave in western society. Yes.I agree what they do is criminal and they should be punished to the full extent of the law. If they can't behave, they shouldn't be here.
    Multiculturalrists would make the excuse that it is part of their culture and should be accommodated and no-one has ever labelled me a multiculturalist. :.

No they wouldn't.

I was going to post a bit of a retraction and admit that what I had posted was a bit strong and poorly phrased. Perhaps it is.Then I remembered Rotherham where child abuse was covered up for years where the Home Secretary blamed 'Institutionalised Political Correctness'
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,570
    If the police didn't have a rep for being racist, they wouldn't be so scared of not being "politically correct".

Cuts both ways. One was an overreaction to the other.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    It wasn't so long ago that being gay was a crime in our society, 1967 for England and Wales and 1980 for Scotland and even today prejudice remains both in terms of sex and sexual orientation. Just look at the difference in pay in terms of gender or career track if you have any illusion. Ok its relative but the prejudice is there.

The failure of the police and councils was laid bare by the independent enquiry and reverts back to the issue that the vulnerable and weak will always be exploited by the unscrupulous in society and that's whatever society we're referencing.

Of course people will use facts taken out of context for their own political gain but the failure was systemic and the nature of mankind was examined through a lens which most people find abhorrent which I suppose if your grasping for straws is about the only positive. However if you care to overlay the same behaviours that came to light in Islington Council by a certain Margaret Hodge, who resigned and went into private practise only to appear 9 years after as Minister for Children makes your blood run cold. This was a person who not only failed to investigate but also went on the offensive to deny the accusations and even accused the abused person "extremely disturbed". She settled in the High Court paying out £30k for that slip.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,732
    By coincidence the guy that Margaret Hodge called disturbed was my boss in one of his subsequent jobs - a great guy and someone I'd put in charge of this country without hesitation. Apart from that aside though what point are you making there Slowmart ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    The enablers for the abusers to continue is different in terms of labelling for each society. Either religious, cultural or political but the outcome is the same.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Don't get me wrong.I AM NOT making excuses for it. It seems to be acceptable in their homeland and these men have no idea how to behave in western society. Yes.I agree what they do is criminal and they should be punished to the full extent of the law. If they can't behave, they shouldn't be here.
    Multiculturalrists would make the excuse that it is part of their culture and should be accommodated and no-one has ever labelled me a multiculturalist. :.

No they wouldn't.

I was going to post a bit of a retraction and admit that what I had posted was a bit strong and poorly phrased. Perhaps it is.Then I remembered Rotherham where child abuse was covered up for years where the Home Secretary blamed 'Institutionalised Political Correctness'

But plenty of Muslim men have been locked up for sex crimes before and since that case. Why did nobody call the police, CPS, judge and jury racist in those cases?