B E N D E R's non sweary review site, roubaixcycling.cc (and general kit discussion)

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,326
    I just came onto this thread because of the name change. Change your name to 20pfortheswearboxtherobot? Nothing clumsy about that :-)
    Has anyone worked out that the swear filter testing thread is just telling people which words to ban?
  • Done :D So, 20% off winter stuff (Selected) at wiggle. Reckon I might get the Aeron winter jacket.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • voicycle
    voicycle Posts: 95
    edited November 2019
    daniel_b said:

That's a bit peculiar!

Looking forward to trying my 7Mesh Mk3 shorts, but not sure this Saturday will be warm enough :-(

I'd be interested to hear if the pro's do have a lower front.

Lower front works for me when I don't have as much of a tum, but around this time of year I very much do :?

Took these photos that day and then went on holiday and forgot about them. The three models are Rapha Classic II size S, Sportful NoRain Pro size M, and Castelli Free Aero Race 4 size M. One clean photo of each and then one where I'm pointing to my navel as a reference point. And I tried to get a good shot of that red rubber stripe too.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DFAeSdZrZDxIOgetojG5U2Nx4d6HylGH

I never did try the non-pro 2.0 version of the NoRains.

Hope this is helpful to someone as I feel a bit silly posting such selfies (my girlfriend even found them in my phone whilst scrolling holiday snaps and was very confused.) I'll just consider it an act of self sacrifice - shouldering embarrassment for the greater good of the community and that, eh?
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • Next in my sizing-down odyssey is bib tights. My absolute favourite are a pair of Rapha Brevet Bib Tights (pre-cargo version) which aren't available anymore. I'm watching ebay for a size small but not overly hopeful.

Anyone have experience with these and can recommend something similar? I've got a pair of the cargo ones but don't like them quite as much - more restrictive. Also with Rapha's new ownership strategy taking them out of the discounting game it looks like even Assos may be cheaper going forward - should I just switch over, or do we think they'll still do the likes of black friday / boxing day / etc?

My other (unrelated) post-holiday update is a +1 recommendation for RedWhite shorts. I had a couple pairs sent to me whilst in America to avoid VAT and I concur with what others have said. Sizing on par with Rapha, not quite as high end fabric, but almost identical quality in terms of fit/comfort/chamois, and Yuva is great at sizing recs by email. Will be good to keep a couple pairs of higher end shorts in the drawer for special occasions/uses, but I reckon RedWhites will keep me and my wallet happy for 85% of all summer riding and 95% of all turbo use now.
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355

I just came onto this thread because of the name change. Change your name to 20pfortheswearboxtherobot? Nothing clumsy about that :-)
    Has anyone worked out that the swear filter testing thread is just telling people which words to ban?

Yes me. Lower part of page 2.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,789
    Cross threading?
    Makes a change from cross dressing. #joke.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

Cross threading?
    Makes a change from cross dressing. #joke.

I didn't fancy it this weekend.
    Pity, 'cos Supergrug have got special offers on lippy at the moment.
  • pinno
    Heads up for a Rough Radical - Mens Hank Long Sleeve Top (Black) from sports pursuit. So plush, skin fit but not tight and so warm. I've worn it till it stinks - too warm for this time of year on a bike.