High quality, 3 season jacket - Ashmei or Rapha

13»

Comments

• rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Decided on the Alpha in XL, lets hope it fits!
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Well its arrived and the XL fits me nicely. I doubt I would have been able to get into a Large. Arms are maybe a little long, but otherwise nice tight fit all over...
    (5'6'', 75kg~ 42'' chest - if it helps anyone...)
  • amack
    amack Posts: 70
    Disappointingly Rapha have sold out on the PTj in black and grey in large size, only a strange rather unflattering washed out green colour is still available. Would a medium jacket fit me, 6ft 78 kg 39" chest? I know it's a popular jacket but is Rapha deliberately running their stock out to replace with a different product next year? had been hoping to get one for Christmas but not in green!
  • Disappointingly Rapha have sold out on the PTj in black and grey in large size, only a strange rather unflattering washed out green colour is still available. Would a medium jacket fit me, 6ft 78 kg 39" chest? I know it's a popular jacket but is Rapha deliberately running their stock out to replace with a different product next year? had been hoping to get one for Christmas but not in green!

No. Not a new one anyway. Large would be the right size for you in that one. Hunt down one on ebay but beware model years. The first years large are now XL. The old medium, if you can find one, would fit you.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • amack
    Disappointingly Rapha have sold out on the PTj in black and grey in large size, only a strange rather unflattering washed out green colour is still available. Would a medium jacket fit me, 6ft 78 kg 39" chest? I know it's a popular jacket but is Rapha deliberately running their stock out to replace with a different product next year? had been hoping to get one for Christmas but not in green!

No. Not a new one anyway. Large would be the right size for you in that one. Hunt down one on ebay but beware model years. The first years large are now XL. The old medium, if you can find one, would fit you.
    Yeah, I thought so. I have no idea why they have sold so soon, I remember this time last season deliberating whether to get one or not but buying the Hardshell instead. I think they;re getting more PT softshells in soon but I wanted to take advantage of the 15% discount (ends Sunday). The Ashmei looks a possibility esp with their 35% deal for November but I I prefer the simplicity of the PT jacket. Probably buy the winter jersey for this year and get in early on the PTj next year. Thanks for the help.
  • If it helps, I have the medium sized current Pro Team jacket. It fits me like it's supposed to and I'm 5' 7", 36 in chest.
  • amack
    If it helps, I have the medium sized current Pro Team jacket. It fits me like it's supposed to and I'm 5' 7", 36 in chest.
    Thanks, it confirms what I already knew - I need a large - thanks!
  • Disappointingly Rapha have sold out on the PTj in black and grey in large size, only a strange rather unflattering washed out green colour is still available. Would a medium jacket fit me, 6ft 78 kg 39" chest? I know it's a popular jacket but is Rapha deliberately running their stock out to replace with a different product next year? had been hoping to get one for Christmas but not in green!

I'm 6 foot and 93 kg and wear a large (bought this week) if that's any help...I'd buy one anyway and send it back if no good to be honest, I reckon it might fit
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Wiggle won't price match for me! Best they could do was £95 for the fiandre light wind jersey.

Bike Inn it is then....

Good luck with that. They make Canyon wait times look like express delivery.

Guess I was lucky then. 1 week from order to delivery. And £86 for a SS Gabba 2 is a bargain.
    More problems but still living....
  • FatTed
    FatTed Posts: 1,205
    Winter Jersey is OK, But the arms are not windproof, whilst the chest is. I find it nothing like as good as the PT Jacket.
  • broona
    broona Posts: 414
    Used my Neoshell for the first time today, very foggy and cold 20 mile run out, probably about 7 degrees Celsius, just had a summer weight LS On One merino top on underneath and was toasty warm without overheating, brilliant, just what I was after! :)
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    @broona. What size did you go for in the end and how does it fit around the shoulders etc? I'm a bit taller than you and went for an XL (I'm XL in a Gabba which is perfect). The Filandre is a bit tight under the arms and I'm wondering if there's mileage in Sportful being a size down from Castelli meaning I should be in an XXL! :shock:
  • broona
    broona Posts: 414
    @broona. What size did you go for in the end and how does it fit around the shoulders etc? I'm a bit taller than you and went for an XL (I'm XL in a Gabba which is perfect). The Filandre is a bit tight under the arms and I'm wondering if there's mileage in Sportful being a size down from Castelli meaning I should be in an XXL! :shock:

I went for the Large and it feels just about right, good fit everywhere, although it may be a struggle if I put on a couple of pounds, they are very small fitting!

Just out of curiosity, do you have 3 distinct rear pockets or are they separate at the top and all one big pocket from about 2/3 of the way down? Mine are all one along the bottom and it doesn't seem quite right.
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    Sorry, just spotted your question. Mine are stitched 2/3 of the way down too.