Zwift structured training

2»

Comments

• paulmon
    paulmon Posts: 315
    I subscribe to both zwift and TrainerRoad and over the last couple of weeks I have created the TrainerRoad session I was going to do in zwift. The reason for this is two fold. Zwift is a much nicer thing to stare at and I was curious to see how zwift managed the ramps you get with various TrainerRoad workouts (icefall is one such example).

Today I created a replica of Foerster in Zwift which is an interval workout 50 secs @ 125% followed by 50 secs rest and doing this in zwift felt easier especially when the 125% came on a climb, not because zwift made it easier but the environment made it feel easier. However workouts with ramps like icefall are impossible to recreate accurately because zwift cannot manage the slow ramp from say 200w to 250w and then back down to 200w over a 3 minute timeframe like TrainerRoad can. So for now I'll continue to use both.
  • Yeah I noticed that while Trainer Road can do a ramp which changes 1W at a time, Zwift tends to go in big jumps.
  • I've found Zwift structured training entertaining but not quite as good as TrainerRoad.

Pros:

- Warm up and warm down are more interesting
    - Visual interval 'gates' on the road to aim for at end of interval sets - beats a clock count down!

Cons:
    - Not enough workouts
    - Custom workout editor is very poor - drag and drop too sensitive and it's difficult to create workouts on the fly
    - Graphics - too child-like for me, horrible colour scheme on the intervals
    - Difficult to find a workout suitable to my needs - poor search and filters

Here's my Zwift review on the blog - I think it has enormous potential but is still far too 'beta' at the moment.
    https://humancyclist.wordpress.com/2016 ... ng-review/
    The Human Cyclist - A blog, try it, you might like it...