On endurance/gravel/çross bikes

13»

Comments

• Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Open UP?

Presumably it will be way over budget, no idea what they cost in EU. I've got one of their O-1.0 MTB frames, and it's fabulous.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    Yeah, I'd love one - same with the Santa Cruz Stigmata (*droooool*) but I just can't justify one that much - At the end of the day it's a bike to be used to thrash in bad weather and not get looked after so well
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • hypster
    hypster Posts: 1,229
    I just bought a GT Grade carbon Ultegra. I know it's outside the OPs budget but a fantastic bike. I've bought it as my road training bike for the majority of my riding and will probably take it off-road during the drier months.
    Triton?

No, Sunset MTB. Triton have messed a mate around a couple of times and SunsetMTB seem to have a good rep on the web so I went with them. Their emails for processing the order and delivery were very good and the courier they used (Interlink Express) was exemplary. No complaints whatsoever.
  • Yeah, that is my current favourite as well, espcially as I have just contact an LBS and the Cube won't be available until "late December".
    Never had bother with Evans, at least my local branch (Kendal).
    I've convinced myself I NEED the Cube Attain SL Disc for winter.

Your comment rather shocked me, so I also emailed a LBS who sadly confirmed what you have been told.

I can't believe Cube are bringing out a bike who's USP is 'ride it through the winter' half way through the season.

I've been looking for a bike that could get potentially get me through the whole year and needed to have the minimum of room for big tyres and mudguards, hydraulic brakes, aluminium frame and a half decent colour scheme. I thought I was limited to an expensive Kinesis 4S disc frame (nice colour but likely to be very expensive to build) or a PX London Road (wasn't bowled over by it in the flesh despite the great price).

That Cube looks as though it ticks all the boxes though so thanks for pointing it out! Shame it looks like it will be another couple of months before I can test ride it.
    "One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

Talk about first world problems."

The_Boy, 13/4/14, Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler" thread
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    Yeah, that is my current favourite as well, espcially as I have just contact an LBS and the Cube won't be available until "late December".
    Never had bother with Evans, at least my local branch (Kendal).
    I've convinced myself I NEED the Cube Attain SL Disc for winter.

Your comment rather shocked me, so I also emailed a LBS who sadly confirmed what you have been told.

I can't believe Cube are bringing out a bike who's USP is 'ride it through the winter' half way through the season.

I've been looking for a bike that could get potentially get me through the whole year and needed to have the minimum of room for big tyres and mudguards, hydraulic brakes, aluminium frame and a half decent colour scheme. I thought I was limited to an expensive Kinesis 4S disc frame (nice colour but likely to be very expensive to build) or a PX London Road (wasn't bowled over by it in the flesh despite the great price).

That Cube looks as though it ticks all the boxes though so thanks for pointing it out! Shame it looks like it will be another couple of months before I can test ride it.

I'm now going to have a look at the Specialized SL4 Elite Disc - fits mudguards, and has good shock absorbing qualities apparently. I don't think the tyre clearance is that variable, but I'd be running 25's in any case, which should be fine with 'guards. It also has hydraulic discs as well, and the 2015 model can be picked up at £1600 if you can find the right size - I think I've just nabbed the last 54cm from Evans, but it may be too large in which case it'll be back to the drawing board, as the 2016 model is just above budget.
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105

I certainly talked myself into it, I found it rather grew on me to the point that I really want it NOW.

I'm still shaking my head at the fact there's at least 2 more months to wait, that's a terrible piece of planning which may well cost Cube decent money, esp if they are even later.
  • The chat function on the Leisure Lakes website just advised me they are only are only planning to receive stock of the Cube at the end of January! :roll:
    "One thing that is worse than Carlton Kirby: people complaining about Carlton Kirby.

Talk about first world problems."

The_Boy, 13/4/14, Paris-Roubaix 2014 "spoiler" thread
  • PostieJohn
    PostieJohn Posts: 1,105
    The chat function on the Leisure Lakes website just advised me they are only are only planning to receive stock of the Cube at the end of January! :roll:
    Yep just had that confirmed directly from Cube via my LBS man.
    Scarily Mr Cube even mentioned the F word. :roll:

I'd hate to think how many sales they'll lose by not bringing a 'winter' bike out until spring. :?