London Surrey London 2015 *Spoilers*

1235»

Comments

• DL1987
    DL1987 Posts: 204
    Top 20 for Eddie Dunbar
  • LeePaton
    LeePaton Posts: 353
    Swift... yet again failing to be a "true racer" to steal a phrase.

Drucker with a blender.
    It's not so much about winning, I just hate losing.
  • r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,382
    Really good race. Very good ride by Swifty given he hasn't raced for 3 months
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Decent race again. It goes to show that you don't need hills all the way to the finish to break a race up if you use the right tactics. BMC managed to do exactly what Sciandri said they aimed for when they interviewed him in the team car albeit with the riders the opposite wat around.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Agree they rode it well though Millar (I think) made the point that there weren't enough teams with an interest in bringing it down to a bunch gallop to make sure it happened.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • Little bit disappointed with parts of the coverage when I returned from roadside and watched the recording - you'd have thought the director (TV not race) would have driven the route beforehand, so it was amazing that on at least two occasions, as the leaders approached the dreaded left-hander on the Ranmore descent, footage cut away from them to the bunch going thru feedzone or whatever. Was keen to see how they tackled it as it makes me sh1t myself - but then again I have to stick to one side of the road (very hard to do). I think we only really got one decent view out of a potential six (leaders and group).

BTW, anyone know which team was using white/red bidons with a Sponser Sport Food logo - one of which I now own?
    Job: Job, n,. A frustratingly long period of time separating two shorter than usual training rides
  • Decent race again. It goes to show that you don't need hills all the way to the finish to break a race up if you use the right tactics. BMC managed to do exactly what Sciandri said they aimed for when they interviewed him in the team car albeit with the riders the opposite wat around.

Another good example of the riders making the race. Parcours can be rendered irrelevant if weather or the field itself are able to influence the outcome. Chris Boardman I think said that the small teams and lack of sprint talent present meant a bunch finish was unlikely, so if there are more classics type riders than decent sprinters, then a race that fragments is more likely. The only team that seemed to want a sprint was Etixx and therefore everyone else seemed to do all the could to avoid it.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Spoken to two people that had a nightmare to come home on Sunday evening (2.5hrs to cross London). One of them was coming in off the M4 was in very slow moving traffic around Earls court area...there was an Etixx van who was doing his very best to jump in front of said person...who was having none of it and got in front when two lanes merged into one...said Etixx van then deliberately bumped said person's car. F*cking w*nkers. Said individuals got out their car and said f*ckers from Belgian (land of smut) cowered in their van...said persons took photos and gave them a piece of 'excuse my French' in French so no doubt these Etixx pr!cks understood.

Not sure if a central London finish is a good idea to be honest.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Dorset_Boy
    Dorset_Boy Posts: 7,395
    Spoken to two people that had a nightmare to come home on Sunday evening (2.5hrs to cross London). One of them was coming in off the M4 was in very slow moving traffic around Earls court area...there was an Etixx van who was doing his very best to jump in front of said person...who was having none of it and got in front when two lanes merged into one...said Etixx van then deliberately bumped said person's car. F*cking w*nkers. Said individuals got out their car and said f*ckers from Belgian (land of smut) cowered in their van...said persons took photos and gave them a piece of 'excuse my French' in French so no doubt these Etixx pr!cks understood.

Getting into London from the west or south west on a Sunday evening has been a nightmare for 25+ years.

Road closures and delays were well advertised. :roll:
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    London Marathon manages.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162

Sounds like said individuals were equally prickish to me.