Kask Protone for 100 quid

Comments

• andy81
    andy81 Posts: 118
    Update - it arrived today, all as ordered so at the price I paid, very happy.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Just bought a Leyzne Floor Drive pump for 22 Euros or just over £15, chuck in some tubular glue (half the price I pay in the shops) and shipping is free too!
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    If you google mistervelo.com. Under their web page link It says this site may be hacked.

Realy wanted to buy that pump but now having second thoughts :?
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Just thinking...the reason why recent orders have taken longer than mine, is probably down to chaos at the Channel Tunnel.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    Just thinking...the reason why recent orders have taken longer than mine, is probably down to chaos at the Channel Tunnel.

Ahh, good point. I'm sure it will clear soon though, David Cameron has leapt into action with a strongly worded speech. I'm sure that the asylum seekers will have crowded around their transistor radios to avidly listen and will have adjusted their plans accordingly... :roll:
  • bernithebiker
    If you google mistervelo.com. Under their web page link It says this site may be hacked.

Realy wanted to buy that pump but now having second thoughts :?

My pump has been dispatched already, I would expect it tomorrow, if not Monday.

To be honest, even if it did go tits up, you've only lost 15 quid. Worth a gamble IYAM!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    7 working days for me so far after receiving the dispatch notice, 8 for my mate. He asked for the tracking number and his helmet has left France now, so hopefully they should be here early next week.
  • bernithebiker
    Lezyne pump arrived today. Almost feel a bit guilty only paying £15 for such a nice pump delivered free 2 days later!

For anyone on tubs, there is another French site selling Vittoria CX's for £28 equivalent, pm me.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,881
    Ordered a Mojito 10:45pm on 22/7, got the order confirmation email (Votre facture n° pour votre commande n° ##### - your receipt for your order ####)

Got a despatch confirmation on 23/7 (Expédition n°###### pour la commande n°###### - Shipment ####
    for order ######)

Mine hasn't turned-up yet, but it's posting from France, 3 working days ago so not worried yet.

If you go into your account "mon compte" on their website, you should see details of the order, whether it's complete "Terminee" or still outstanding, cancelled & refunded, etc

Have you received your helmet yet Andy?

I ordered some oakleys and lenses the day after you, had a despatch e-mail that very same day, but nothing has yet arrived.

If I plug the shipping number into https://www.aftership.com/courier/la-poste-colissimo which I am not sure if it is the right site, but there was no tracking info in the e-mail it says:
    Pending
    Please try again later, we are awaiting for tracking info from carrier.

Marginally concerned now, but then it's on credit card, so worst case I will just have to claim it back from them.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Have you received your helmet yet Andy?
    Not yet, but it looks like it's coming.

I emailed MrVelo yesterday and asked for the tracking number which they gave me very promptly.
    - why doesn't their shipment confirmation email give it ? Anyway...
    (try "Bonjour - mon Commande n°<####>/Expédition n°<####> : <mon casque - I ordered a helmet> n'a pas encore arrivé en Angleterre . Y at-il un numéro de suivi de support pour le colis ? Merci")

Plugged it into the French post site (LaPoste.fr or summat, I forget - it was posted So Collissimo which is a French post office service)
    - this had a set of tracking events showing it was routed around Brittany and North France on 28-29/7, then exported to 'partner' on 29/7

Assuming French PO would partner with ours, I then tried Royal Mail's site with the French tracking number and it redirected me to ParcelFarce, which said 'collected from customer' 28/7 and 'forwarded for export on 29/7
    - today it now says 'received in destination country' at international hub, wherever that is for PF

So I suspect it's either been delayed for several days in the chaos at Calais, or it's been sitting in a dusty corner of a French shed, but I'm hoping I'll get it shortly : coming from France/EU it won't need to go through customs or anything
  • bernithebiker
    It's a shame some stuff is taking ages to get to the UK, but I wouldn't worry too much. Mistervelo seems bona fide and has very quickly despatched everything I know of.

Colissimo.fr are as bad or worse than Parcel Farce. Expensive and slow. My parcels to the UK take anything from 3 to 10 days. Maybe the Calais thing is making it worse.

I emailed Mistervelo this morning to say some English chums were still waiting but nothing back yet.

Pretty good French by the way, just it's "n'EST pas encore arrivé" as arriver takes etre in the past!!
  • jezzpalmer
    jezzpalmer Posts: 389
    Ordered 17th July, no show as yet.
    Have mailed them once last week asking fro tracking, no reply, will try again this week. If I get no reply to the second mail I'll open a PayPal dispute.
  • norvernrob
    My Vertigo was dispatched on the 23rd and my mates on the 22nd, his Parcel Force tracking number has changed to 'in transit' today so maybe it will turn up this week.
  • Good news. My Castelli bib tights arrived today - despatch notification was 2 weeks ago.

I wondered what I had ordered as google translate said "slip sticky tights suspender" - but it was genuine castelli bib tights so all was good!
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    2 Mojitos ordered 22nd of July, arrived today, so just over 2 weeks from order to delivery. Haven't been on the bike since then anyway, so it's all good. And it looks like the WC stripes are just stickers so I can peel them off whichever size I decide to keep :)
  • daniel_b
    My parcel has arrived today!

Not had a chance to open it as am at work, but a little fortunate it made it here I think, as the address and name was all hand written, and not that legible!

Will update late on the contents etc etc
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • andy_wrx
    Update on mine

ParcelFarce had it as 'arrived at international hub' yesterday, quickly followed by 'at national hub' and 'at North West DC' and then 'out for delivery' today

- now it says 'unable to locate premises' : f*ing PARCEL FARCE !!!

The address is correct on the MrVelo email order confirmation, and has my mobile number, but obviously I don't know what was printed on the parcel

Found a phone number on PF's website, rung e'm up, seems they only have a part-address, so given them the rest and hopefully they can redeliver later if back in the area to do collections, otherwise tomorrow...
  • daniel_b
    Update on mine

ParcelFarce had it as 'arrived at international hub' yesterday, quickly followed by 'at national hub' and 'at North West DC' and then 'out for delivery' today

The address is correct on the MrVelo email order confirmation, and has my mobile number, but obviously I don't know what was printed on the parcel

Found a phone number on PF's website, rung e'm up, seems they only have a part-address, so given them the rest and hopefully they can redeliver later if back in the area to do collections, otherwise tomorrow...

Well if it's addressed like mine, entirely possible some of it is not too legible - hope you get it soon!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • norvernrob
    Mine and my mates Vertigos turned up today too, exactly 2 weeks after dispatch. Mine was pretty dusty, obviously new with all the labels etc but quite a bit of muck on it that looked like it could have come from being a display model.

A really good price but I wouldn't order from them again.
  • daniel_b
    Ok, so the paskage arrived yesterday, and I opened it when I got home.

Nicely packed, both boxes in good condition, and I think both items as described.

No question they are 100% genuine Oakley items, really impressed with the Radarlock Paths, not too big, but nice wide coverage, and plenty deep enough for me.
    Also came with two lenses which I did not realise - so to get them with two lenses, plus my G40 Photochromic lenses for under £130 delivered I think is a rather good deal - suspect the same from a UK supplier would have been north of £200.

All I need now is some yellow earsocks, which sadly do not appear to be available yet :(
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • bomster
    bomster Posts: 202
    Just bought a Leyzne Floor Drive pump for 22 Euros or just over £15, chuck in some tubular glue (half the price I pay in the shops) and shipping is free too!
    Tried to do the same but delivery was 16EUR.
  • norvernrob
    Someone must have bought some to sell on, as the the same guy has listed 3 or 4 in the last few days on FB selling pages.
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Someone must have bought some to sell on, as the the same guy has listed 3 or 4 in the last few days on FB selling pages.
    I wish I had - I bought 2 as I wasn't sure of sizing. They cost me £80, but I sold the one I didn't need for £70! Still a bargain for the guy that bought it, and I got mine for £10. Could've done very well out of it...
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    My order arrived today and only took 2 days. Shipping wasn't free though :evil: :twisted:
  • andy_wrx
    Update on mine

Well if it's addressed like mine, entirely possible some of it is not too legible - hope you get it soon!

Turned-up on Friday

Handwritten but I could read it.

ParcelFarce guy on the phone said there was no company name on it, just the road.

Actually it does have the company name.
    Whoever handwrote it has capital-M's that look like capital-N's, but there are only two companies at this postcode, the one I work at begins with M and the other H but they're totally different names
    And the fact that the city looked like 'Nanchester' should have been a giveaway too...

ParcelFarce's fault not MrVelo, I could have had it two days sooner and not had to be ringing them up and worrying about it !
  • Just received a pair of Mavic SLR pedals for £51.75 (with the exchange rate I had), and a few other goodies from mistervelo.com, bargain if you like Time pedals. Good service and took about a week to deliver. It's also good for teaching yourself French.
  • Royles in Wilmslow have got a 50% off clothing sale on, this includes Kask helmets so you can currently get a Protone for £97.50 or a Mojito for £60

[url]Http://www.royles.biz[/url]
  • Royles in Wilmslow have got a 50% off clothing sale on, this includes Kask helmets so you can currently get a Protone for £97.50 or a Mojito for £60

[url]Http://www.royles.biz[/url]

Nice find, does anyone have any experience of Mojito vs Vertigo? My biggest concern is good ventilation (and mushroom head) is one better than another?
  • Just checked Royles website no kask helmets in stock at moment.
  • dav1d1
    dav1d1 Posts: 653
    Slightly off topic, just purchased a mask protone and on the adjustment at the back where you can move it up and down how far up/down should you have it for when you tighten it up?