Kask Protone for 100 quid

Comments

• rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    France is in the EU so no customs charges.

Must be some ruling to stop me buying multiple items and reselling here in uk.......??

You could be viewed as running a business by the IR and you should declare the profit on your tax return
  • scott_w1987
    scott_w1987 Posts: 316
    25mm Corsa CXIII's tubs for 31 euros!!!

Jawbreakers for £91!! - Fortunately sold out as I don't even like the Cavendish edition, but at that price I'd have bought them anyway!
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    Whats Kask sizing like.

I`m a 56, but the last time I tried one on they only had a large, and strangely it felt fine, which I thought was unusual. Do they come up smallish or what ?
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • DKay
    DKay Posts: 1,652
    Not in my experience.
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    After seeing how 'G' got back on after being whacked round the back of the head with a telegraph pole I would expect a few more to be sold....#ouch #wheresmeglassestheydontmakethemanymore
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    I wear Radars (sometimes) with the Mojito. It's really not an issue and I'd not even noticed it until I read about it. I'd not let that put me off. Its a nice helmet.
    Thanks - I'd best measure my head and then hope that they have a colourway I like in my size... :mrgreen:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    I've been riding with the Protone for a few days now in the Alps.

Its hot. It's been 36'C or so every afternoon, and my head has felt fine. Had I had the Air Attack I'd have been feeling it.

The Protone is super comfy, super light and everyone that sees it wants one!
  • joenobody
    Thanks - I'd best measure my head and then hope that they have a colourway I like in my size... :mrgreen:
    So, a question. I measured my head to be 57.5cm. The range for their M is 48-58cm (or maybe 52-58cm). I often, but not always, wear a cap under my helmet, will a M be the right size?
  • DKay
    Great news! My Mojito from mistervelo arrived today, just five days from when I ordered it on Friday. Which is excellent when you consider it's had to come from Franch and every bit as good as bike24 et al.

Bad news! They've sent me the black/yellow version instead of the black/green version I ordered. :(

To be honest, for just over £50 delivered, I'm certainly not going to complain, but it is a bit of a shame. Still, the helmet matches my yellow Sidis instead of my black and green Foil, so it's not a total loss. Very happy overall and as a bonus, my cat is now having fun in the box that the helmet was packed inside.

Cheers for the heads up Berni!
  • After seeing how 'G' got back on after being whacked round the back of the head with a telegraph pole I would expect a few more to be sold....#ouch #wheresmeglassestheydontmakethemanymore

Why?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • DKay
    So, a question. I measured my head to be 57.5cm. The range for their M is 48-58cm (or maybe 52-58cm). I often, but not always, wear a cap under my helmet, will a M be the right size?

You may be able to get away with taking the side pads out for extra room, but I reckon you'd need the large if you wear a cap.
  • joenobody
    You may be able to get away with taking the side pads out for extra room, but I reckon you'd need the large if you wear a cap.
    I ordered one of each size. Price kept coming down as I progressed through the purchase so I'll be paying approx. £40 for each, including delivery...
  • DKay
    I ordered one of each size. Price kept coming down as I progressed through the purchase so I'll be paying approx. £40 for each, including delivery...

Don't suppose you ordered a black/lime green in medium did you? :lol:
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Great news! My Mojito from mistervelo arrived today, just five days from when I ordered it on Friday. Which is excellent when you consider it's had to come from Franch and every bit as good as bike24 et al.

Bad news! They've sent me the black/yellow version instead of the black/green version I ordered. :(

To be honest, for just over £50 delivered, I'm certainly not going to complain, but it is a bit of a shame. Still, the helmet matches my yellow Sidis instead of my black and green Foil, so it's not a total loss. Very happy overall and as a bonus, my cat is now having fun in the box that the helmet was packed inside.

I'm sure if you tell them, they'd be happy to do you a discount or a money off a next order voucher of some kind.

Far better that for them than to pay for it's return.

Let me know, I can Frogify the wording for you...!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    Ordered myself a Vertigo from there today, £86 delivered. At least I think I did, couldn't be bothered messing about translating the pages so I just winged it. :lol:
  • DKay

I'm sure if you tell them, they'd be happy to do you a discount or a money off a next order voucher of some kind.

Far better that for them than to pay for it's return.

Let me know, I can Frogify the wording for you...!

Cheers for the kind offer dude. I may contact them tomorrow myself. If anything it will keep me occupied while I'm on my six weeks off. I'm growing to actually quite like the yellow.
  • DKay
    Ordered myself a Vertigo from there today, £86 delivered. At least I think I did, couldn't be bothered messing about translating the pages so I just winged it. :lol:

Looks like you were just in time, as their prices look to have gone up now if you click on a product.
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    I tried ordering a mojito on Sunday. Order accepted then cancelled. I'm down about £5 on the deal by the time exchange rates and fees are taken into account. Poo.
  • iwantblue
    iwantblue Posts: 134
    After seeing how 'G' got back on after being whacked round the back of the head with a telegraph pole I would expect a few more to be sold....#ouch #wheresmeglassestheydontmakethemanymore

Why?
    Just meant it showed it's worth... It looked like he caught a right pi$$baller from the telegraph pole but was 'ok' so it worked well.. ??
  • joenobody
    Don't suppose you ordered a black/lime green in medium did you? :lol:
    Nope - white WC in M, and black WC in L.
  • DKay
    Hope you ride well enough to justify the rainbow stripes! ;-)
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Interesting website, that mistervelo

It's a real bricks&mortar bikeshop in Yffiniac, Brittany where Hinault comes from
    But whoever set-up this e-commerce website for them...

Do an initial product search and it lists matching products with prices
    Select one and you get a different price - sometimes higher and sometimes lower !
    Obviously it has two prices lists, depending on whether you are looking at summary or detail product data...

At checkout it assumes you're in France so postage is free.
    Say you're in the UK and it adds postage, fair enough - but it sets VAT (TVA in France) to zero : that would be correct if shipping outside the EU to USA or Switzerland or somewhere, but if they are shipping within the EU to UK then they should charge French VAT (or maybe UK VAT, depending what value they export to UK - EU 'distance-selling' rules : 100,000EUR threshold so probably won't apply to them if they are just a bikeshop-with-website rather than a big internet operation like Wiggle or CRC)

For me, the net result was that the helmet I bought ended-up cheaper, as it added postage on but knocked VAT off, resulting in a lower price.

French taxman might not be pleased when they do their year-end VAT return !
  • joenobody
    Hope you ride well enough to justify the rainbow stripes! ;-)
    Nope, but I'm hoping they're just stickers that I can peel off ;)
  • andy81
    andy81 Posts: 118
    Ordered a Kask Mojito last Sunday, 8 days later and no sign of the helmet. Is anyone else still waiting for theirs?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448

Looks like you were just in time, as their prices look to have gone up now if you click on a product.

Cheaper still now, white Vertigo in L for €86 and White/black in M for €105. Both were listed as €126 when I ordered last week, but it ended up costing €121.

Edit: Strange, I've just gone back to the same page that was still open, clicked on both helmets again and the price was €145 and €175. :?:
  • joenobody
    Ordered a Kask Mojito last Sunday, 8 days later and no sign of the helmet. Is anyone else still waiting for theirs?
    Tuesday 21st for me. No sign yet, but not overly worried. I might be getting nervous by the end of the week though...
  • johngti
    johngti Posts: 2,508
    Tuesday 21st for me. No sign yet, but not overly worried. I might be getting nervous by the end of the week though...
    E
    Check your junk mail folder. I had a refund receipt in there. That was the only notice I was given that they'd cancelled my order. Hope you're both luckier than me though!
  • DKay
    I would also check to see if you've had a despatch note email. I got one the day after placing my order and got my helmet within 5 days. If you've not had yours yet after a week, I'd assume you're not going to get it.
  • joenobody
    I would also check to see if you've had a despatch note email. I got one the day after placing my order and got my helmet within 5 days. If you've not had yours yet after a week, I'd assume you're not going to get it.
    I have a shipping confirmation, so fingers crossed. It'll probably arrive tomorrow, at the office, when I'm not expected to be in again until next week. Or, it'll arrive today but I won't be told about it until tomorrow...
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Ordered a Mojito 10:45pm on 22/7, got the order confirmation email (Votre facture n° pour votre commande n° ##### - your receipt for your order ####)

Got a despatch confirmation on 23/7 (Expédition n°###### pour la commande n°###### - Shipment ####
    for order ######)

Mine hasn't turned-up yet, but it's posting from France, 3 working days ago so not worried yet.

If you go into your account "mon compte" on their website, you should see details of the order, whether it's complete "Terminee" or still outstanding, cancelled & refunded, etc