***TdF Stage 7 SPOILER***

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,660
edited July 2015 in Pro race
Well no one seems to care about this much today. Everyone drawing breath?

Livarit - Fougeres, 190.5 km
201410221_Fougeres_1_CR_Fougeres-p.jpg

A day for the flat-landers before another Gilbert/Sagan Stage tomorrow

PROFIL.png

PROFILKMS.png

I would assume that the peloton are hoping none of this nonsense happens today

201410227_Fougeres_2_CR_BPapon-p.jpg
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• I had to check it wasn't a rest day and even Pg 2!
  • gsvbagpuss
    gsvbagpuss Posts: 272
    I assume Oleg gave Sagan some motivational talk this morning
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    profile-07.jpg

Map:
    CIP9Z7tWcAAwoaz.png

1 point available on that cat 4

Final is 4% so hopefully Sagan can get his win. Failing that a Cavendish win would be good. So long as Degenkolb doesn't win.

finish-07.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Yesterday, Hesjedal finished down 4mins putting him at nearly 30 mins down. I was under the impression he was going to GC but clearly that has fallen on his head. So I suspect we will see him numerous times in the mountains going for stage wins.

Meintjes and Kudus have been keeping a very low profile (looks like they have been coming in together each day). I expect they will be trying their luck later in the mountains which is a very exciting prospect.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    this is what happen when you put everyone on block...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    this is what happen when you put everyone on block...

But title format in your thread is wrong! :D

What happened to RideonTime today?
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Ooh competing threads. This one does have 7 in the title though, so it gets my vote.

Presumably Sagan will be 2nd again today.
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_nr5s1t911g1ropreyo1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133

Dear lord. Tell me that's a photoshop!

And why the hate for Degenkolb?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • disgruntledgoat
    disgruntledgoat Posts: 8,957
    I had completely forgotten that photo! Gold!
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter
    “I trained as a policeman, living every day in the barracks for two years. It was really serious stuff. I joined a sports unit with eight guys, and it lasted another two years. I then worked in a normal police station as a traffic cop. I had to do 100 days of service”.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • No yellow jersey on today's stage

Sky/Froome either respecting Tony's injury which caused him to withdraw or Sky don't want to be chasing down the breaks and defending it until next week
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    edited July 2015

Dear lord. Tell me that's a photoshop!

And why the hate for Degenkolb?

I am sorry even for the most PC... that is too gay (camp, I mean).
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    With a win time bonus, Sagan would be ever soooooo close the Maillot Jaune.

What's the record for number of second place finishes in the Tour. He must be closing in.
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    profile-07.jpg

Map:
    CIP9Z7tWcAAwoaz.png

1 point available on that cat 4

Final is 4% so hopefully Sagan can get his win. Failing that a Cavendish win would be good. So long as Degenkolb doesn't win.

finish-07.jpg

Well done Frenchie....
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    No yellow jersey on today's stage

Sky/Froome either respecting Tony's injury which caused him to withdraw

Yawn. I hate this.
  • disgruntledgoat
    I make the last km 1.6% av.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • frenchfighter

Maybe. Should have specified I meant the last few hundred m are at 4%.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • disgruntledgoat

Maybe. Should have specified I meant the last few hundred m are at 4%.

Fair enough

@gietvangent
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Condé
    The last kilometer of the stage also includes a roundabout. Once again, the peloton will be stretched out. A tailwind on the last 600 meters will make for a fast finish. Usually this would mean that strong power sprinters could afford to start their sprint early and still win. However, it’s very important to remember that the final 300 meters are uphill with an average gradient of around 4 % all the way towards the finishing line. You need to time your sprint to perfection if you want to win this stage.

A Sagan win would be welcome. Somehow he's able to operate at such an high level despite his owner frequently discussing his 'value' with the 'fans'. Impressive chap.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    Hmm I didn't think that could be the reason (not wanting the press duties, even if Sky have a habit of disregarding those when they feel like it).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    They are off. Contador and Gesink go down in the neutralized part. Tekle on the attack with 5 others (as expected).

Apparently UCI rules say he shouldn't be wearing the jersey rather than his own desire not to.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Tekle on the attack with 5 others (as expected)

Tekle on a 15kms sprint to keep the pea jersey and then sit back in the bunch
  • disgruntledgoat
    Froome should quit shirking from the yellow jersey. It’s undignified and disrespectful. It should be fought for, honestly defended, and worn with pride. Another half hour of press duties won’t wreck the winning chances of a man of Froome’s strength. There is a place for marginal gains but this isn’t it.

I'll let you tell Eddy that...

@gietvangent
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Froome should quit shirking from the yellow jersey. It’s undignified and disrespectful. It should be fought for, honestly defended, and worn with pride. Another half hour of press duties won’t wreck the winning chances of a man of Froome’s strength. There is a place for marginal gains but this isn’t it.

I'll let you tell Eddy that...
    And Bernard....
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Disgraceful disregard for the inadequate forum search function in this thread title. We'll disappear into the void if someone doesn't add the year and finishing town.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    Tekle takes the only point available.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Apparently UCI rules say he shouldn't be wearing the jersey rather than his own desire not to.

I'm confused as to what the issue is.

Martin finished the stage.
    He's the yellow jersey.
    Martin DNS.
    The moment the flag drops Froome becomes the Virtual leader - he's not the leader until the stage finishes.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Just let Jumbo pretend they are all wearing the yellow jersey. Give them some purpose in the tour.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2015
    Froome is the lead, just wear the bloody thing. Ridiculous, really.

Sky were never going to do much of the work on this stage anyway regardless the color of his jersey.