Giro Stage 13 - Spoilers

Comments

• TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    Interestingly Contador managed to fall, get another bike, ride-in and only lose 39s.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Interestingly Contador managed to fall, get another bike, ride-in and only lose 39s.

Complete pro.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    Er, Contador's 39s loss sees him lose mins on the un-official GC. I think they might want to look at that.
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    GC just shown on Eurosport looked to have missed Contador altogether and can't be right. Time losses resulting from the crash confirmed though.

Edit - bike change of course :roll:
  • frenchfighter
    TheBigBean wrote:
    Er, Contador's 39s loss sees him lose mins on the un-official GC. I think they might want to look at that.

He switched bikes so had no transponder.

They will adjust.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    TheBigBean wrote:

Complete pro.

In the respect that he is a convicted doper? Pro.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • dolan_driver
    dolan_driver Posts: 831
    JUMBO RIDER! What a waste of space that team is

It wasn't the Jumbo rider's fault. The wave came across the group and ended with him. He was pushed to the edge of the road. The guy behind him touched his wheel because he couldn't ride off the road, due to the tree on the left. It kicked off from there.

At least that is how I see it.

DD.
  • coopster_the_1st
    coopster_the_1st Posts: 5,158
    TheBigBean wrote:

Contador swapped bikes. His transponder location will be wrong
  • frenchfighter
    Greipel fails again.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    To put it mildly, Porte isn't having a lot of luck here is he. :cry::cry:
  • dolan_driver
    durhamwasp wrote:

At least we know that Porte would never have beaten Contador

:lol:

X 2.

DD.
  • TheBigBean
    I wonder whether the common sense vs rules are rules forumites will fall on the same side of the debate as they did in stage 10.

I do.
  • frenchfighter
    durhamwasp wrote:

At least we know that Porte would never have beaten Contador

:lol:

X 2.

DD.

+that the 2mins penalty is irrelevant now

well lets hope he gets on the gas as otherwise he will prove me right about his three week inability
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    I guess it is also why time is GC is taking so long to show up...Giro jury trying to work out whether it was inside 3km
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    1 Sacha Modolo (Ita) Lampre-Merida 03:03:08
    2 Giacomo Nizzolo (Ita) Trek Factory Racing
    3 Elia Viviani (Ita) Team Sky
    4 Alexander Porsev (Rus) Team Katusha
    5 Eduard Michael Grosu (Rou) Nippo-Vini Fantini
    6 Axel Maximiliano Richeze
    7 Moreno Hofland (Ned) Team LottoNL-Jumbo
    8 Nicola Ruffoni (ITA) Bardiani
    9 Luka Mezgec (Slo) Team Giant-Alpecin
    10 Heinrich Haussler (Aus) IAM Cycling
  • frenchfighter
    Er well, maybe not. Aru putting on the pink jersey.

Is it because he is Italian :wink::wink::wink:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    I guess it is also why time is GC is taking so long to show up...Giro jury trying to work out whether it was inside 3km

Aru is on stage in the pink jersey.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Does Porte now use the rest of the Giro as prep for supporting Froome at the Tour? Guess he will give tomorrow a good go, and see where hes at.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2015
    General Classification after Stage 13
    ITA 1 ARU, Fabio (ASTANA) 54:20:35
    ESP 2 CONTADOR VELASCO, Alberto (TINKOFF - SAXO) + 19
    ESP 3 LANDA MEANA, Mikel (ASTANA) + 1:14
    CZE 4 KREUZIGER, Roman (TINKOFF - SAXO) + 1:38
    ITA 5 CATALDO, Dario (ASTANA) + 1:49
    COL 6 URAN URAN, Rigoberto (ETIXX - QUICK STEP) + 2:02
    ITA 7 CARUSO, Damiano (BMC RACING) + 2:12
    CRC 8 AMADOR BAKKAZAKOVA, Andrey (MOVISTAR) + 2:21
    ITA 9 VISCONTI, Giovanni (MOVISTAR) + 2:40
    RUS 10 TROFIMOV, Yury (KATUSHA) + 3:15

Bueno.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    In the replay it looked like Porte was just sat on the floor for ages after he crashed. Unless he's injured there no reason for that, he should have got straight up and got back on a bike. I hope he didn't just give it up right there and then.
  • TheBigBean
    Aru started the day 17s down. Think that means he must have been in the first group which I didn't think he was. Maybe there wasn't a split in the eyes of the official.
  • frenchfighter
    edited May 2015
    Nah defo in the front:
    http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/16abb6 ... adbe8.webm

Got to love the way Tinky knew exactly what to do. Immediately giving their bike to Contador and giving him a running push. Drilled.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dolan_driver
    Ultimately the crash changes very little. Porte has been eliminated, Contador will win, Aru will be second and whoever Astana choose from their team will be third.

All we can hope for now is that Ryder goes on some suicidal solo attack in the mountains and wins a stage! :D

DD.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Uran gains 17 seconds...
  • frenchfighter
    All we can hope for now is

Is a great race such as we have add so far but even better as we reach the real mountains.

FF. :wink:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • TheBigBean
    Nah defo in the front:
    http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/16abb6 ... adbe8.webm

Got to love the way Tinky knew exactly what to do. Immediately giving their bike to Contador and giving him a running push. Drilled.

I meant whether he was in the first group that crossed the line. It mostly consisted of sprinters.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    So I pick Modolo in PTP thrice and he does nothing. I don't pick him and....
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    All we can hope for now is that Ryder goes on some suicidal solo attack in the mountains and wins a stage! :D

DD.

Or that Contador crashes again and it puts him out and then he misses the TDF too, you could then cancel Christmas, cos that would do just fine.
  • TheBigBean
    mfin wrote:

DD.

Or that Contador crashes again and it puts him out and then he misses the TDF too, you could then cancel Christmas, cos that would do just fine.

You're a joy wishing riders crash.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    TheBigBean wrote:
    mfin wrote:

DD.

You're a joy wishing riders crash.

:) only Contador, nothing plural.