Giro Stage 10 - spoilers

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    RichN95 wrote:
    You could even make the excuse that this could have made the race more exciting. ie/. Porte will now have to race aggressively rather than the totally boring and un-fan friendly way he races. His team will have to be inventive. They might change focus and go for stage wins. It might get very interesting. Sky gave a decent amount of viewing pleasure last Giro.
    Porte has won the queen stage of every stage race he's done this season (except one where he was second).

Let's see how fan friendly Contador is in week three. My guess is he'll win this Giro without ever once attacking.

Ah, but did he win them with panache?!

Remember, Frenchie rules apply.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    RichN95 wrote:
    My guess is he'll win this Giro without ever once attacking.

Well you have lost this already as he has attacked already in this race. Distanced Uran.

271-PIC536278495.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    If Porte had been Contador yesterday, would my position be any different? No.

Hilarious!!! :D

There isn't a single person on here who'd believe you, and the reason is, that it is bullsh1t.
  • frenchfighter
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    ^^You tell me why there are 15 pages of outrage? Because he is English speaking?

No, because cycling has an unwritten code of fair play and riders looking out for each other. It has nothing to do with him being English speaking. He is an Aussie, that is no different than him being a Spaniard.

So we would see similar outrage if it were Contador? SOLD; both hands.

You keep banging on with this card FF but, as you pointed out in another post, life ain't like that and you need to look at some facts.
    This is an English speaking forum
    On an English website.
    The majority of which will support English or English speaking riders.

As you also said on another post. If you don't like it, then I don't care. F*ck off to a non-English speaking, non-English fan waving forum that speak Italian/French/Spainsh, who's members do think this is fair on Porte.

You have options too. No one forces you to speak here son. Just because you shout the loudest, doesn't make you right.

Are you British?

I am.

I don't support a rider based on where he is from or what language he speaks though.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Any other rules that people think shouldn't apply to Sky? So far we've got poaching riders from other teams, backdated TUEs, dodgy blood passport and now collusion with other teams. Any more?
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    crooky13 wrote:
    My French is pretty agricultural but in French 2.3.012 seems to cover all wheels (‘roues’)
    I may not have been entirely serious when I mentioned the tub/clincher thing.

I'm kind of on the fence about this, I tend to fall down on the 'rules is rules' side of things (I would've liked to have seen mass DQs in Paris-Roubaix) but have the feeling the same wouldn't have happened if it'd been Aru... It does seem like it's had a disproportionate effect on the GC battle but I suppose there is a chance it'll make the race more exciting.
  • lostboysaint
    Any other rules that people think shouldn't apply to Sky? So far we've got poaching riders from other teams, backdated TUEs, dodgy blood passport and now collusion with other teams. Any more?

You're late to the party. You also seem to be suffering from the same delusions as Frenchie. It's not about applying the rules to Sky, it's about applying the rules consistently to all transgressors. I assume you're fine with Bertie's DSQ?
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Any other rules that people think shouldn't apply to Sky? So far we've got poaching riders from other teams, backdated TUEs, dodgy blood passport and now collusion with other teams. Any more?

this is a good post
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Joelsim wrote:
    ^^You tell me why there are 15 pages of outrage? Because he is English speaking?

No, because cycling has an unwritten code of fair play and riders looking out for each other. It has nothing to do with him being English speaking. He is an Aussie, that is no different than him being a Spaniard.

So we would see similar outrage if it were Contador? SOLD; both hands.

You keep banging on with this card FF but, as you pointed out in another post, life ain't like that and you need to look at some facts.
    This is an English speaking forum
    On an English website.
    The majority of which will support English or English speaking riders.

As you also said on another post. If you don't like it, then I don't care. F*ck off to a non-English speaking, non-English fan waving forum that speak Italian/French/Spainsh, who's members do think this is fair on Porte.

You have options too. No one forces you to speak here son. Just because you shout the loudest, doesn't make you right.

Are you British?

I am.

I don't support a rider based on where he is from or what language he speaks though.

Are you? because from where I'm standing you seem Spanish. Im also guessing I'm a bit more British than you because i've been around longer judging by some of your immature comments.

Its not about supporting a rider based on where he is from, its about sportsmanship. I would be feeling the same thing wether this was Contador, Aru or any other rider. Portes time penalty for what amounts to a bit of sportsmanship, is ridiculous considering the basic fact that this is 'sport'.

Would you suggest that Bradley Wiggins be stripped of his Tour de France win because he deliberately slowed the whole peloton down to let Cadel Evans and the whole BMC team come back from a series of punctures due to tacks? You obviously would. But the reality is you wouldn't find a single rider who thought that was the wrong thing to do. BMC were grateful, the Tour organisers were grateful and the whole world watching thought it was a great bit of sportsmanship. Did Nibali complain? no. Did Wiggins?, despite the fact he was letting a rival back in to contention.

Bleat all you want, as loud as you want, about rules, about being an English rider..not many people on here will agree with you about rules when it comes to applying sportsmanship and logic. You're on your own there.
  • frenchfighter
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Are you? because from where I'm standing you seem Spanish. Im also guessing I'm a bit more British than you because i've been around longer judging by some of your immature comments.

Its not about supporting a rider based on where he is from, its about sportsmanship. I would be feeling the same thing wether this was Contador, Aru or any other rider. Portes time penalty for what amounts to a bit of sportsmanship, is ridiculous considering the basic fact that this is 'sport'.

I'm Spanish because I like Contador? How can you be more British then me?

Your 2nd paragraph doesn't sit well what you said in your first post and additionally suggests you haven't understood my stance.

Your other points are not worth responding to.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck wrote:

Your 2nd paragraph doesn't sit well what you said in your first post and additionally suggests you haven't understood my stance.

Taking the moral high ground won't work either.

See you're talking...but all i can hear is..'blah...blah...blah'.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Ashbeck wrote:
    Ashbeck wrote:

Taking the moral high ground won't work either.

See you're talking...but all i can hear is..'blah...blah...blah'.

i thought you were supposed to be the mature one lol. You're a triathlete aren't you?
  • frenchfighter
    Flecha making it abundantly clear at the moment that it was friendship and not sportsmanship.
    You're a triathlete aren't you?

Lol, that explains a few things.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    edited May 2015
    Flecha making it abundantly clear at the moment that it was friendship and not sportsmanship.

Or Flecha quite clearly misunderstanding the term "sportsmanship" as "gamesmanship".

Flecha: "Sportsmanship would have been Alberto Contador and Fabio Aru stopping the bunch, slowing the bunch in order to help Richie come back".
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Nine of the 15 Giros this century have been won by less than two minutes (a tenth by 2.02). Even if you are in the 'rules are rules' camp, the punishment is clearly disproportionate with the offence.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • lostboysaint
    RichN95 wrote:
    Nine of the 15 Giros this century have been won by less than two minutes (a tenth by 2.02). Even if you are in the 'rules are rules' camp, the punishment is clearly disproportionate with the offence.

And if you are in the "Rules are Rules" camp then please explain why they are applied and enforced so indiscriminately.
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Porte will now have to race aggressively rather than the totally boring and un-fan friendly way he races. .

You must be blind.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gweeds
    RichN95 wrote:

Indeed.

Porte lost time anyway. If he'd have got back on I could see a 20s penalty being appropriate. But 2 mins when he's already lost 47s is just fucking dense.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    RichN95 wrote:

Apparently 2 mins is in the rules. So if you're in the rules are rules camp, then it's just another rule.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 21,541
    And if you are in the "Rules are Rules" camp then please explain why they are applied and enforced so indiscriminately.

Excluding all the things that happen not under the noses of commissaires, on TV or in front a press camera, I don't think it is quite as indiscriminate as people are making out.

The main recent indiscriminate examples I can think of are the level crossing incident and the pavement riding in all the classics, but that is hardly the fault of the commissaires in the Giro, and I for one wish they did do something about it.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706

Take out your..........er...........contributions and there would be 5.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • lostboysaint
    TheBigBean wrote:

Excluding all the things that happen not under the noses of commissaires, on TV or in front a press camera, I don't think it is quite as indiscriminate as people are making out.

The main recent indiscriminate examples I can think of are the level crossing incident and the pavement riding in all the classics, but that is hardly the fault of the commissaires in the Giro, and I for one wish they did do something about it.

Or Bertie removing his helmet ;)
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • ic.
    ic. Posts: 769
    Gweeds wrote:
    Porte will now have to race aggressively rather than the totally boring and un-fan friendly way he races. .

You must be blind.

Hey, FF, seeing as you're Porte bashing again, for no good reason. How's about an opinion from you on this:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x14ouzf_chris-froome-attack-mont-ventoux-tour-de-france-2013_sport

That's a video from 2013, when Froome SPANKED good old Bertie up Mont Ventoux. We all remember it well. Porte gave it the bones on the front of a small group before Froomey attacked and put time into your favourite cheater. This is old news, obviously. We all know on that day how Froome showed he was a class apart from your doper of an idol - anyway, that's not why I link the video

Notice if you will, what happens after Froome drops your Clenbuterol man C*ntador. Spying Mikel Nieve, he stops pointlessly chasing after the far superior Froome and drops into the wheel of Nieve. If you watch long enough, you'll see your cheating prick berating Nieve to pull harder for him, all the while sitting in his wheel all the way to the top - well, not quite all the way as it turns out. If you remember, even Nieve was able to drop him for 17 secs by the top of that climb.

Now, 2 points I'd like a daft statement from you on.
    1. Your man the doper clearly demanding Nieve ride for him, despite being on a different team, never once putting his wheel in the wind. Is that taking help from another Team? I wonder how much your man the steak enthusiast promised him?
    2. Would you describe the way your man Alberto the lying, never had a dislocated shoulder, actually barely had a bruise, crashed at all of 4kph to what really looked like a soft landing and didn't show any ill effects moments later, Captain Cried Wolf, don't ask me for broken leg x-rays because their aren't any, Contador - rode that race as "aggresive", "non boring" and "fan friendly"??

Personally, I'd call the way he rode that stage as embarrassing. Like the time he attacked Andy when he dropped his chain in 2010, that was hardly fan friendly, but it certainly was aggressive

I suggest before criticising every other rider on the planet in favour of your man "el pene" (you do speak highly of other riders I'll admit), you stop and think a bit.
    2020 Reilly Spectre - raw titanium
    2020 Merida Reacto Disc Ltd - black on black
    2015 CAAD8 105 - very green - stripped to turbo bike
    2018 Planet X Exocet 2 - grey

The departed:

2017 Cervelo R3 DI2 - sold
    Boardman CX Team - sold
    Cannondale Synapse - broken
    Cube Streamer - stolen
    Boardman Road Comp - stolen
  • frenchfighter
    HEY DID YOU GIF THAT? CONTADOR TOOK HIS HELMET OFF MID RACE. JUST NOW. STAGE 11. HE MUST BE JUST F*CKING WITH YOU GUYS.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    IC. wrote:
    Now, 2 points I'd like a daft statement from you on.

Suck it.

contador21.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • gweeds
    Ah bless. He's knocking another out over a photo of Beefy Bert.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Gweeds wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Indeed.

Porte lost time anyway. If he'd have got back on I could see a 20s penalty being appropriate. But 2 mins when he's already lost 47s is just ******* dense.

That's depressed me even more than the thread - the millenium was 15 years ago?!?!? Oh god i'm so old :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    yes, rules are rules. the rules say you must not have ANY clenbuterol in your system. none. not for any reason. other wise the rules say your wins are taken from you. as per the rules.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Ashbeck

Lol, i bow down to your superior knowledge FF.

Cav still going to Rabobank is he? lol...whoops... :lol:
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Can you be disqualified twice?