edited April 2015 in Pro race
Ronde-van-Vlaanderen-Tour-des-Flandres-1417335628.png

ronde-2015-profile4.jpg

XwVdsFN.jpg
(Right click to enlarge)

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Fabian will be taking over Trek Factory Racing twitter tomorrow for the finale of the race. Could be an interesting insight.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    My favourite race of the year and one of the most difficult editions to predict. Can the likes of Vanmarcke and Thomas be able to ride away from Kristoff and Degenkolb? And will Etixx Quick Step finally be able to play their cards correctly?

For me the four who are most likely to win are Vanmarcke, Thomas, Stybar and Kristoff. The big unknown is Greg Van Avermaet's form following the injuries.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    I've had an each way bet on Jurgen Roelandts at 33/1
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    I fancy Stybar for this.
  • Anonymous
    Not really about tomorrow, but great news. Rouler magazine reporting rumours the the Muur will return next year.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I backed Thomas antepost at 33s. An note conflicted as hate, hate, hate sky.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Now the Cobbled Kings are out of this and G is the favourite, they will shut down his every move. The question is then whether he has the power to Cancellara them. If Sep doesn't have any bad luck then he will be able to beat them all up the climbs. I really hope he wins.
    RichN95 wrote:
    I've had an each way bet on Jurgen Roelandts at 33/1

This is a decent shot. Without the Classics Bosses it may be a bit of inability to take the responsibility and thus let an outsider win.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • JonnyT
    JonnyT Posts: 10
    Have backed Frenchie's favourite Debuscherre, each way at 100/1.. also Sagan and Terpstra

Not looked forward to a race this much in a while, wide open
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,812
    From elsewhere:
    Het Nieuwsblad

**** Thomas
    *** Vanmarcke, Stybar, Kristoff
    ** Devolder, Terpstra, GVA, Degenkolb, Sagan, Roelandts
    * Paolini, Boom, Vandenbergh, Oss, Stannard

de Telegraaf

***** -
    **** Thomas, Kristoff, Terpstra
    *** Stybar, Vanmarcke, Sagan, GVA, Roelandts, Degenkolb
    ** Vandenbergh, Wiggins, Paolini, Devolder, Oss, Pozzato, Breschel
    * Boom, Langeveld, van Baarle, Stannard, Debusschere, Chavanel, Offredo, Modolo, Leukemans, Marcato, Theuns
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    O M G I'm excited. Got my nephew coming over for his first RVV - I hope he doesn't keep asking me questions.

betting: did Luke Rowe e/w at 250/1, and Oss e/w at 66/1.
  • le_patron
    le_patron Posts: 493
    sjmclean wrote:
    Not really about tomorrow, but great news. Rouler magazine reporting rumours the the Muur will return next year.

Good. The muur is iconic and I don't like 'finishing circuits' for corporate guests
  • Anonymous
    le patron wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

Good. The muur is iconic and I don't like 'finishing circuits' for corporate guests

You're right, I was watching highlights from 2010 when Fabian and Boonen were on the Muur. Amazing climb, amazing with them both in champs jerseys.
  • sjmclean wrote:
    le patron wrote:
    sjmclean wrote:

You're right, I was watching highlights from 2010 when Fabian and Boonen were on the Muur. Amazing climb, amazing with them both in champs jerseys.

If it does return, it won't be as on the route to the finish, as Oudenaarde has a 10 year deal with the organisers.

Ironically, the reason the Muur was dropped from the route entirely was hospitality, because the town of Geraadsbergen wanted its own hospitality setup it could reap the rewards for, but the organisers insist that if your guests are viewing their race, they keep the dough. The council thought they were bluffing, they weren't.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • JonnyT wrote:
    Have backed Frenchie's favourite Debuscherre, each way at 100/1.. also Sagan and Terpstra

Not looked forward to a race this much in a while, wide open

You could have just given me that tenner.

Saw a bloke in full Peter Sagan replica kit on the cyclo yesterday, socks, armwarmers the works. :roll:
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    There's not many ways Kristoff can win this, even though I'm sure he'll be right up there near the front group.
  • yorkshireraw
    yorkshireraw Posts: 1,628
    last yr's race currently on Eurosport 2 (till 9am).

Had forgotten how much Carlton was in love with Devolder. It's borderline worrying....
  • Milton50 wrote:
    There's not many ways Kristoff can win this, even though I'm sure he'll be right up there near the front group.

If he's in that front 4 last year, he wins and he so very nearly makes it across. Hard to beat today.

@gietvangent
  • Weather update, freezing cold and sunny, with not a breath of wind.

Which would have been lovely yesterday, rather than the 4 hours of wind and rain we started with.

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    Milton50 wrote:

If he's in that front 4 last year, he wins and he so very nearly makes it across. Hard to beat today.

If he made it into that group then they immediately sit up and look at each other and back into the group behind because no one's just going to carry on riding with Kristoff there. Then attacks go from all over the place from the likes of Boonen, Vandenbergh and Terpstra.

I think he needs to be in touch with the front group over the Paterberg but he also needs Paolini with him a) to help drag back the front group but also b) to ride strong on the front group so attacks in the final 8k are nullified.
  • blazing_saddles
    Sporza starts up in 25 minutes with the sign on, roll out and first few kms.
  • mechanism
    mechanism Posts: 891
    Webcam from the start thanks to Cycling Fans http://comitevoorinitiatief.be/brugge/?page_id=383
  • milton50
    Looks like a beautiful morning there.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    Looks like a beautiful morning there.

Its already nicer than at any point in the last week.

Koppenberg was super muddy and slippy yesterday with the combination of 16,000 freds riding it and it lashing it down, may be extra difficult today.

@gietvangent
  • Nuyens sporting a daring neck line this morning.

Lucky for him it's easter weekend so he can get the morning off the shop

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Weather update, freezing cold and sunny, with not a breath of wind. :mrgreen:

Which would have been lovely yesterday, rather than the 4 hours of wind and rain we started with.

Yeah well we re the true Flandreins!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    ***** -

About right.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Weather update, freezing cold and sunny, with not a breath of wind.

Wey hey! Glorious. A nice morning ride awaits. Finally its stopped blowing a gale :D
    Correlation is not causation.
  • blazing_saddles
    Geraint on.
    Come on butty.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    The most important question right now is does Nick Nuyens wax?
    Correlation is not causation.