Top Gear back but without the Top Gear (ddraver)

VTech
VTech Posts: 4,736
edited June 2015 in The cake stop
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/clarkson-hamm ... 44665.html

So, it would appear ddraver that I was right, according to this report it looks like the shows will continue with a profit split scenario but without the top gear branding and Stig.

The part I find odd is the association with brand events company who seem to be in talks with the Clarkson company as I said in the last thread and was ridiculed for.
Anyway, I guess the shows will determine the popularity of clarkson and will no doubt prove wether the three have a future together and wether or not clarkson profits heavily from it.
Living MY dream.

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,391
    so you re suggesting he punched a producer and got sacked so that he could cross out BBC on all the Top Gear Live posters......kay

Have to say that the man v countryfile thing does actually sound quite good tho
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    so you re suggesting he punched a producer and got sacked so that he could cross out BBC on all the Top Gear Live posters......kay

Have to say that the man v countryfile thing does actually sound quite good tho

I never said that though. I said he acted in a way that would suit him financially and he had for some time done everything to drop ties with the BBC as an employee in favour of being the boss through his new company so what actually has happened ?

He wouldn't sign a renewal contract with the BBC.

He caused more agrovation in the last 2 years than he has for the previous 20 years in broadcasting.

He started a new media company even though he had sold his previous company to his current employers.

He continued to cause trouble even on a warning.

He made up a daft argument in a case that didn't need to escalate because hot food was available at the hotel.

No complaints were made by the crew yet Clarkson handed himself in and made a complaint against himself.

Clarkson continued to breach rules and mock his employer.

He is released from his contract even though that is exactly what he wanted.

His new company proceed with talks with his old employer (BBC) to run shows.

Jeremy Clarkson is back in charge.

Them are the facts.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    What you don't get is that if you said anything and everything you can think of it doesnt make you insightful. If you spout enough sugar - some of it will stick.

You said it was planned, you said it was blown put of proportion

You said it was planned, you said Clarkson is not the sort of person to punch someone

you said, you said

You showed what sort of person you were in the last thread with a stream of insults yet you still let this get so far under your skin that you had to come back a try and gloat. Once again you have demonstrated to the forum what a small penis you must have

Bye now
    - @ddraver
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    Given his contract was up for renewal anyway, if he wanted to leave the BBC then couldn't he have just not signed a new contract? No need to punch anyone and this whole song and dance could have been avoided.
  • VTech
    Graeme_S wrote:
    Given his contract was up for renewal anyway, if he wanted to leave the BBC then couldn't he have just not signed a new contract? No need to punch anyone and this whole song and dance could have been avoided.

It's not as simple as that due to anti competition clauses.
    Living MY dream.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    @ V tech
    Given the tickets to the events are already sold it could be a decision based on commercial aspects rather than the conspiracy you allude to?

We will have to wait for the autobiography to come out unless there is a non disclosure aspect in any future or existing contractual obligations.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    I must confess to not having followed the Clarkson thread or story that closely as it held little interest. But as it seems to have caused a spat, I am intrigued. I assume VTech thought that JC was playing a long game to extricate himself from his contract and Ddraver thought otherwise.
    It is my understanding that all 3 presenters' contracts expired today anyway and that being the case, they could have just walked away. So all JC did was leave 2 or 3 shows early.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top- ... gn-5048311

The tour shows were arranged outside the stars' contract period. It was/is a joint BBC/Brand Events venture anyway and this way the BBC gets 10m cut of the proceeds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rkson.html

If I have misunderstood I'm sure I will be corrected. :wink:
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    What you don't get is that if you said anything and everything you can think of it doesnt make you insightful. If you spout enough sugar - some of it will stick.

You said it was planned, you said it was blown put of proportion

You said it was planned, you said Clarkson is not the sort of person to punch someone

you said, you said

You showed what sort of person you were in the last thread with a stream of insults yet you still let this get so far under your skin that you had to come back a try and gloat. Once again you have demonstrated to the forum what a small penis you must have

Bye now

You make me laugh, you make accusations like those above yet never have proof to back it up. Your the type I feel sorry for. I posted here because like I did in the last post, I posted truth and facts together with some of my personal thoughts yet you marked them as false yet this proves me right.
    The size of my danglies shouldn't be an issue due to the fact they will never point in your direction. I decided some time ago to purchase ferrari's and Lamborghini's to counter my small tackle issues and honestly, it worked :mrgreen:

Truth is, people will back you and others will laugh at you, that's how this place works and both are fine with me because unlike you, I won't lie to make a point. Neither will I result to personal slagging because it's pointless. Your probably a nice bloke with a 12" package, very comfortable at home with your rather large carrot and 2 Spanish onions to play with.

Me on the other hand will have to make do with a lambo :shock:
    Living MY dream.
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    Phew - that was bit intense. Anyway, as part of the JC masterplan he is now reinventing himself to appeal to a wider audience/brand.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2015/a ... divestment
    M.Rushton
  • VTech
    Slowmart wrote:
    @ V tech
    Given the tickets to the events are already sold it could be a decision based on commercial aspects rather than the conspiracy you allude to?

We will have to wait for the autobiography to come out unless there is a non disclosure aspect in any future or existing contractual obligations.

Your right but my understanding of the contract would be a deal between the BBC and clarkson's new company as we know they wouldn't be doing it for free.
    The media company used by the BBC as I mentioned above were actually in talks with clarkson's new company before he was officially sacked.
    This is what I was against because to me that's a conflict of interest considering I have personal friends who have lost jobs due to the this.

I hate disloyalty, I have always thought that you should be loyal to your business or employer and will (if people are honest) be rewarded for it. I despise people who act only for them selfs.
    Living MY dream.
  • qube
    qube Posts: 1,899
    VTech wrote:

Oh dear.....

Dropping in what type of car you drive/rent/lust over just makes you look even sillier.

Silly man in a silly car.
  • VTech
    Qube wrote:
    VTech wrote:

Oh dear.....

Dropping in what type of car you drive/rent/lust over just makes you look even sillier.

Silly man in a silly car.

It was tongue in cheek after his insult about my man tackle, did you not get that ?
    I actually drive a transit van as a daily driver, not because I need it for work but because I wanted a van.
    Living MY dream.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    This poor chap who's got a penis like a carrot and two spanish onions for balls... :shock:

Mind you he's got the base for a lovely stew. :)
  • mrushton
    mrushton Posts: 5,182
    RideOnTime wrote:
    This poor chap who's got a penis like a carrot and two spanish onions for balls... :shock:

Mind you he's got the base for a lovely stew. :)

I've got a thingy shaped like a turnip if that will help :lol:
    M.Rushton
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    VTech wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    @ V tech

Your right but my understanding of the contract would be a deal between the BBC and clarkson's new company as we know they wouldn't be doing it for free.
    The media company used by the BBC as I mentioned above were actually in talks with clarkson's new company before he was officially sacked.
    This is what I was against because to me that's a conflict of interest considering I have personal friends who have lost jobs due to the this.

I hate disloyalty, I have always thought that you should be loyal to your business or employer and will (if people are honest) be rewarded for it. I despise people who act only for them selfs.

V Tech, Given we are both in business the view which is seldom true is the rumour mill from ex employees, suppliers or competitors. All have an interest in the commerciality and viability of a business but very few, if any have an informed view of the actual facts.

Invariably you always build an "appreciation society bus" which wants you to fail and the bus with my name on has increased in size over the years so I always tune out to rumours or even hard news as 'news" can be biased by the platform provider.

I agree your last sentiment. Though many ill informed people see that attribute in businesses owners where most will be sweating blood for the business and the livelihood it provides for its employees.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Maybe this wasn't some sort of masterplan. Maybe he is just having a load of problems in his personal life and is behaving like even more of a tw*t than usual.

Mind you, he's been spotted on a bike, so good for him, he seems to have seen sense and joined us healthy 2 wheelers.
  • VTech
    johnfinch wrote:
    Maybe this wasn't some sort of masterplan. Maybe he is just having a load of problems in his personal life and is behaving like even more of a tw*t than usual.

Mind you, he's been spotted on a bike, so good for him, he seems to have seen sense and joined us healthy 2 wheelers.

I would genuinely like to think that it wasn't a plan but the fact that after he was suspended he went on to rant about the BBC calling them bast4rds in front of a crowd only a week or so after, together with info from personal friends makes me think he is simply trying to open his popularity to a bigger audience for self exposure.
    Of course as I've said before, time will tell but I feel for those who have lost everything that worked on the show. Not all will get new positions and although my friends that work their have other revenue streams I can assure everyone ready this that not all are in the same boat.
    Many small firms relied on this show to keep afloat.
    Living MY dream.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,803
    Graeme_S wrote:
    You forgot one very important part there.
    Just how much would it have cost for all this publicity?

It has been very worthwhile.

PS- all those on about Clarkson on a bike, you do realize that it is the first of April.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

PS- all those on about Clarkson on a bike, you do realize that it is the first of April.

He was seen on a bike a few days ago. He's taking his first steps towards being a better human being. He'll have the stabilisers off soon.
  • VTech
    johnfinch wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Graeme_S wrote:

He was seen on a bike a few days ago. He's taking his first steps towards being a better human being. He'll have the stabilisers off soon.

Not if there is a stabiliser manufacturer willing to pay him a few quid to ride with them fitted :mrgreen:
    Living MY dream.
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    I don't know about Vtech's genitals but his theory on Clarkson seems about right for me. The guy's no fool, he's a very well educated man. It would suit his retirement fund very nicely if he could walk away from the BBC and head over to Sky taking his 2 sidekicks with him to start a very similar programme for a ton more money. He already writes for the Sunday Times so he hardly needs to persuade the Murdoch camp of his worth.
  • ddraver
    I still thin kit's more likely that the BBC really are this short sighted and have painted themselves into an impossible corner. Thus far this has had minimal coverage outside of the UK (ok, as far as I can tell in the NLs) but cancelling international gigs would have. Easier to cross out BBC to keep the PR at home ok then keep the money that has, presumably, already been paid by whoever runs the shows internationally anyway.

Both stories fit VTech's "facts", it comes down to whether or not you see Ghosts everywhere or not...thus far none of us have been proved right or left (sic). But one of us has "predicted" he story will turn pretty much every direction...
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    I still thin kit's more likely that the BBC really are this short sighted and have painted themselves into an impossible corner. Thus far this has had minimal coverage outside of the UK (ok, as far as I can tell in the NLs) but cancelling international gigs would have. Easier to cross out BBC to keep the PR at home ok then keep the money that has, presumably, already been paid by whoever runs the shows internationally anyway.

Both stories fit VTech's "facts", it comes down to whether or not you see Ghosts everywhere or not...thus far none of us have been proved right or left (sic). But one of us has "predicted" he story will turn pretty much every direction...

You do like a fight, I admire that although I prefer to win.
    I mentioned JC would IMO do similar to what he did before. That has proven correct. I showed concern for those that would lose jobs etc. that has been proven right.
    I said JC would come out of this financially much better off (something normal folk don't get after screwing up their job) and I was correct.
    I said he would start a new media/show and be the boss. That turned out correct (well, they are in talks on several angles.

As I said before, time will tell, I simply posted facts and opinions based on facts.
    One thing is 100% certain so far and I know you won't like it.
    I am yet to be proven wrong on a single point !
    Living MY dream.
  • VTech
    According to Nick Rufford, May, Hammond and Clarkson are in talks with Netflix to host a show to be sold to several networks with a "car and motoring theme"

Citing the reason as wanting to be "free from the pressures to be less risque"

of course, they will be doing this for free, heaven forbid it was a plan to make more cash.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    not proven wrong does not equal proven right (see chemtrails, creationism, theology etc)

anyway, it seems like someones been at the modmins over the weekend and I ve been told to lay off you a bit so this time i really am out.

(@Velonutter - I'd edit posts as you asked but they re all quoted anyway. Happy for you to do it as you please)
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    not proven wrong does not equal proven right (see chemtrails, creationism, theology etc)

anyway, it seems like someones been at the modmins over the weekend and I ve been told to lay off you a bit so this time i really am out.

(@Velonutter - I'd edit posts as you asked but they re all quoted anyway. Happy for you to do it as you please)

I have made no complaints about you, I don't work like that. I have 100% no problem with you, life is way to short to worry about a disagreement with someone on a forum, in real life I have no doubt we would get on.
    Living MY dream.
  • ddraver
    I, obviously, do not know who.what, how, when or where. I was in Belgium at the RVV and without internet and just got back to a PM asking me to edit stuff
    - @ddraver
  • VTech
    ddraver wrote:
    I, obviously, do not know who.what, how, when or where. I was in Belgium at the RVV and without internet and just got back to a PM asking me to edit stuff

Snap, I've been out of the country on business mixed with a touch of pleasure.
    Next time your in the Midlandset me know and I'll get a pint ready for you and if you like, I'll put it in the drink holder of my turbo trainer :)
    Living MY dream.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,588
    Good to see the BBC are sticking to their moral guns - by paying Clarkson to host HIGNFY!
  • ddraver
    He's pulled out hasnt he? Perhaps it's Sue whaasserface thats replacing him and stupid people have got that mixed up with TG..?
    - @ddraver