E3 Harelbeke 2015 **SPOILER**

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    Turfle wrote:
    So now we just have the post-race Lefevere and Tinkov comments to look forward to.
    Lefevere: "Thomas and Sagan should have done more work than Stybar. It is not right that they ride for themselves"

Tinkov: "I tell Sagan that he must win today. He does not. This angers me. Juraj will now be fed to the pigs."
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:
    So now we just have the post-race Lefevere and Tinkov comments to look forward to.
    Lefevere: "Thomas and Sagan should have done more work than Stybar. It is not right that they ride for themselves"

Tinkov: "I tell Sagan that he must win today. He does not. This angers me. Juraj will now be fed to the pigs."

:lol::lol:
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Thomas lit that race up and deserved the win.
    His attack made the break, then he just blows them off.
    Top stuff.

:hmm:
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    coriordan wrote:
    Anyone know why Stannard got dropped back there?

Thrilled for G.

He's too heavy?
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • RichN95.
    Thomas is the first Welshman to win a cycling classic since Arthur Linton won the 1896 Bordeaux-Paris. Hopefully he won't die of typhoid two months later like Linton did.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    I hadn't watched the race until now, but saw 15 pages here, which meant only one thing!
    Awesome Geraint, butt. :D

Even (well almost) better is the image I have of Tinkoff tearing his hair out. 8)
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    They'll be dancing in the curry houses of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysiliogogogoch tonight.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,706
    RichN95 wrote:
    Turfle wrote:

Top stuff again. :D
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    I know it's early, but SKY are smashing it this year (see Swifts impressive win today).
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    RichN95 wrote:
    Thomas is the first Welshman to win a cycling classic since Arthur Linton won the 1896 Bordeaux-Paris. Hopefully he won't die of typhoid two months later like Linton did.

Way to jinx the poor bastard. RIP gee :(
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Sagan winning nothing this year. If hes that bad after 40km of work and 215km of racing he's not a prayer in the monuments
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    He just looks heavy. Dense. Thicker set.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,449
    Gweeds wrote:

Fat is the word you are looking for.

I amazed the sponsor's today had his weight in beer, that's a lot of beer.
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    I was being generous.

Plus I looked in the mirror.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    I think they said in the Cycling Podcast that Oleg Tinkoff said he was thin when in the sauna, and they were blaming the kit.

But he looks fat to me. If I got all Patrick L. for a minute, I'd say his backside looks too big
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    In fairness he was fine over the hills and stuck with the race winning attack on one of the steepest hills in Pro Cycling. He lost it on the flat to an Olympic 4km Pursuiter (and then I think he just gave up when he wasnt going to win)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    inseine wrote:
    I know it's early, but SKY are smashing it this year (see Swifts impressive win today).

Yean totally cleaning up and their top guy is not even firing on all cylinders.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • chrisw12
    chrisw12 Posts: 1,246
    RichN95 wrote:

Hopefully Thomas will not be tarnished with the same drug taking reputation either (as Linton) :wink:
  • ddraver
    We all know it's net weekend and the one after that matter though, Gawd bless Gee, but outside of belgians, today means little.
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ddraver wrote:
    We all know it's net weekend and the one after that matter though, Gawd bless Gee, but outside of belgians, today means little.

Of all the races over the next 2 - 3 weeks, his is the 3'rd most important.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Comments from Sep worth a read as usual.
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vanmarc ... on-tiptoes

He completely busted that cleat so did well to hang in before being able to change his shoe. 100% he would have been with the three leaders if not for that unfortunate slip.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Richmond 2015 got a bit more interesting.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    chrisw12 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Hopefully Thomas will not be tarnished with the same drug taking reputation either (as Linton) :wink:

Best avoid the Clinic for a while Chris :wink:
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    ddraver wrote:

SKYs biggest one day win?
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    Well that was bloody brilliant! I had to pause it at 20k to go as we went out for my wife's birthday meal (how selfish can you get :lol: ). Got in a while ago and watched the rest, I thought G had done too much work but he was so strong today.

Get in :D
  • ddraver
    inseine wrote:
    ddraver wrote:

SKYs biggest one day win?

well....exactly...
    - @ddraver
  • Salsiccia1 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Oh noes does this mean Sagan might win something?

hope not

Why all the hate for Sagan?

Where do I start? For me it can be summed up with two words...

Showboating groper.

Yes, but even so all will be forgiven when he next wins if he crosses the line with a Greg Van A style flip and manages to actually land it. Wheelies are so yesterday, cycling's moved on.

Well done G. Great win.
  • RichN95.
    chrisw12 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Nah. Choppy Warburton was a legitimate trainer and in no way ground zero for doping in cycling.
  • overlord2
    overlord2 Posts: 339
    Gweeds wrote:

Never understood the love for Sagan he seems to be the guy everyone loves because he's not very good but stylish. Gilbert's another one although to be fair Gilbert has actually won something. :lol:
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    80 points in the World Tour. The same as 2nd place in a monument.

PS Am I alone in thinking Stybar looks a bit like Kevin Pietersen?