No live coverage confirmed.
    Absolutely useless race.

What's the given reason?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    Absolutely useless race.
    Just popped out to make a cuppa and came back in to hear the end of that. Waste of time. How do they expect to attract new fans when this is the standard we get?
  • slim_boy_fat
    Absolutely useless race.

What's the given reason?
    I only caught the end of Kirby's announcement but weather didn't look to clever in the sign in shots I saw so can only imagine the weather is not playing ball.
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    ffs!

Why is it cycling always gets bumped like this but no other sport seems to suffer?! drives me nuts.

If Cookson wants to do anything for Pro Cycling, forget doping, improving the GC calendar and womens cycling, just sort the bleeding TV coverage out first and buy some cameras that don't break up the picture every 5 seconds.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ah so that's why I have Milan San Remo after struggling to even get my cheap as Chinese chips UPC digibox to even turn on.

What a waste of time.

Are the organisers embarrassed about yesterdays balls-up and hope that if people don't see it happening then it doesn't happen.

OK now they seem to be blaming weather. Back to work for me then.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • squired
    squired Posts: 1,153
    This year they avoided big climbs due to issues with weather in previous editions. Glad they did that.....!

If the bad weather continues I wonder how many of the big names will simply quit the race. No point in getting sick or crashing in bad weather and setting yourself back for more important goals in the coming weeks.
  • above_the_cows
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 59s60 seconds ago

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) wins Stage 2 of the Volta a Catalunya

This may or may not be true.
  • slim_boy_fat
    the Inner Ring ‏@inrng 59s60 seconds ago

Alejandro Valverde (Movistar) wins Stage 2 of the Volta a Catalunya

This may or may not be true.
    Team Sky tweet suggests it is true with Titchy Ritchie and Froome Dog in the front group also.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Yeah, win for my man after finishing 20th MSR.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    A bunch sprint without any sprinters

CA4CCjbW4AAHqAp.png

Four riders in this race did Milan-San Remo. They have won both stages and a second place.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Ashbeck wrote:
    Why is it cycling always gets bumped like this but no other sport seems to suffer?! drives me nuts.

It doesn't often snow inside the Crucible, so the snooker is more predictable
  • Bo Duke
    Bo Duke Posts: 1,058
    Wouldn't it make sense to do the early season in the south of Spain then go further north as the weather improves? Or is that too obvious.
    'Performance analysis and Froome not being clean was a media driven story. I haven’t heard one guy in the peloton say a negative thing about Froome, and I haven’t heard a single person in the peloton suggest Froome isn’t clean.' TSP
  • Bo Duke wrote:
    Wouldn't it make sense to do the early season in the south of Spain then go further north as the weather improves? Or is that too obvious.

this is cycling, dont try an apply an level of rationality!
  • frenchfighter
    SPTDW305.jpg

SPTDW340.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    If Valverde has to win, I'm happy he did it on a stage no one saw or cares about...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • frenchfighter
    467348374_670.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    awww, bless them
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    The lack of coverage yesterday, wondering if it could have been something to do with that awful plane crash?
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Much too far away, surely?

Edit: And surely no need for mystery if that were the case? "Why no pictures, TV Man?", "Plane disaster. All planes grounded", "Ok, fair enough".
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • above_the_cows
    Ooo pictures!
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    You mean I'm actually going to get home tonight and have a recording to watch? :shock:
  • frenchfighter
    Valverde off the back (crash I think) and Tinkoff have hit the front en masse and are drilling it :lol::lol::lol:
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Valgren leading the charge.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Not really very sporting...!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    Few more crashes with the higher pace
  • above_the_cows
    Not really very sporting...!

Its a bit of serving Movistar some of their own medicine. Cyclists are like elephants. They have loooooong memories. :D
  • above_the_cows
    Ashbeck wrote:
    You mean I'm actually going to get home tonight and have a recording to watch? :shock:

I know, shocking isn't it! And it isn't even raining.
  • adr82
    Motorbike having all kinds of problems staying ahead of the bunch here. Valverde is back in the main bunch apparently although it's lined out completely.
  • above_the_cows
    edited March 2015
    Massive gaps. Multiple crashes. Much racing. Wow.

doge-600.png
  • adr82
    According to Carlton there are 3 main groups right now, 40-50 in front inc TS and Sky, 12" to G2, then G3 further back.