Volta a Catalunya 2015 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    4.20 with 4k. Starting to not work with each other.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    4 mins @ 3k
  • Ashbeck
    Ashbeck Posts: 235
    Pretty amazing to say the least this gap they have given Rolland. Pro cyclists can be quite silly sometimes.

If Rolland doesn't win the overall or at least podium, he is completely useless.

Same thing went through my mind. Can't believe they haven't reeled that break in.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    Pretty amazing to say the least this gap they have given Rolland. Pro cyclists can be quite silly sometimes.

If Rolland doesn't win the overall or at least podium, he is completely useless.

Maybe podium but he wont win it I dont think. Even with this gap.
  • adr82
    De Clerq attacks, closed down... Paterski goes for it... and wins.

Rolland 6s bonus for 2nd?
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Well done CCC rider!! Big win for them.

Rolland got owned.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Ashbeck
    whats the gap or are they still coming in?
  • adr82
    edited March 2015
    Still coming in... 1+ minute already. Under the kite at 1:30 there I think.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    What a win for Paterski.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • adr82
    Going to be under 3 mins in the end... 2:40!
  • Ashbeck
    They in?
  • Ashbeck
    2.40..jeez. Can Rolland win it from there?
  • adr82
    Think Rolland would have been a lot happier with a couple more minutes!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    adr82 wrote:
    The sort of gap to make this interesting. Much will depend on Rolland's form.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • adr82
    RichN95 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:
    Which as Magnus was saying will probably get a bit of a boost just from being in this situation...
  • Ashbeck
    RichN95 wrote:
    adr82 wrote:

Nice, that sets it up for the week then. Should be interesting.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,563
    Macaloon wrote:
    What a win for Paterski.

Finished 22nd in MSR yesterday...
  • Ashbeck
    Thanks for the live updates adr82.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,831
    Have to assume that the peloton wasn't getting the proper info during the stage.
    Hence the very late mad dash.
    Even the finishing clock was all at sea.
    Three and a half hours at 52kph? I don't think so, since the stage started at 12-20cet.
    That's a bit under 5 hours.

No wonder Spain is in a perpetual state of recession.
    Much like Piti's hair.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • Ashbeck
    A few races lately have seemed a bit slap-dash in the organisation department. It's a bit embarrassing when you consider this is the 'World Tour', the pinnacle of the sport, and they can't even get basic timings right.

John Harrison invented the marine chronometer back in the 1700's to navigate a ship half-way round the world on time, it's ridiculous.

I've been on better Wiggle timed sportives. :)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Froome saying they weren't getting proper time checks.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    “The peloton was pulling hard, really hard, in an unbelievable way,” Contador said. “It was indeed surprising that the gap wasn’t narrowing at all. At the end, we gave all we had and managed to bring the gap down.

“However, given the stages we have ahead, that difference isn’t a joke at all. We will now have to take every day as it comes.”

“It’s true they are first-rate riders and they will manage the 2 minute 40 second advantage that they have in the best way possible. We will now see what opportunities the parcours will offer us but it is true that it isn’t an ideal situation.”
    Contador is the Greatest
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    @mrconde: Trek DS, Alain Gallopin: "They announced a gap of six minutes but in reality it was 13 minutes, which surprised everybody." #VoltaCatalunya
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    It gets better. I'm reading on Sticky Bottle that there was a concerted effort by Sky to deny Dan Martin bonus seconds at the intermediate sprint. :D

The Irish men are at the head of affairs at the first sprint point after 21km on the 185km stage which started and finished in Callela and including a cat 1 ascent.

Roche’s Team Sky were clearly out to frustrate Martin, who is the best sprinter by a considerably margin of the world class climbers in the field.

Dave Brailsford’s men wanted to ensure Martin did not pick up the maximum three seconds bonus on offer.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    dish_dash wrote:
    Macaloon wrote:
    What a win for Paterski.

Finished 22nd in MSR yesterday...
    That is incredible. Winning from a 130 km breakaway the day after finishing a 300 km monument in the front group. Huge respect
  • sjmclean wrote:
    Froome will walk this.

Will he not use a bike?
  • adr82 wrote:
    Think Rolland would have been a lot happier with a couple more minutes!

He might have got it if he hadn't spent the last 15 km doing half turns - he kept pushing the Pole through. Lost time and the stage - not good
  • Ashbeck
    I watched the recording last night (after FFwding the 20 minutes of snooker and the 40 minutes of MSN re-runs) and i was amazed they got that lead.

I think Rolland might be harder to budge than some people give credit, as others have said, it just comes down to his current form.
  • slim_boy_fat
    slim_boy_fat Posts: 1,810
    On route picture trouble again so we have a shot of....The Finish Line! Few Spaniards in hi vis vests kicking their feet. Timing clock not running as well. Fun and games at the Volta a Catalunya!
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,831
    No live coverage confirmed.
    Absolutely useless race.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.