Milan-Sanremo 2015 *SPOILERS*

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    For reference for those in London/ Surrey, the Poggio is the same length and same average gradient as box hill.

Main difference between the two is the Poggio has one 8-9% section half way up.

So imagine riding 300km and then doing box hill in the big ring with a steep big half way up....
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    This can only be a good race if a superstar wins or at least a top 5% rider. So that means I really want Sagan to win, followed by Cavendish, followed by Kwiatkowski, followed by Cancellara, followed by Gilbert, followed by Nibali, followed by Valverde, followed by Stannard.

A Kristoff win would be a big shame as would a win by anyone not named above.

Thank goodness Gerrans isn't racing.
    In what world is Stannard more of a superstar than Kristoff?
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    Shouldn't Brian Smith be working for MTN rather than commentating?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 14,535
    Danish Eurosport claiming Riis says Sagan has some physiological problems, possibly related to poor bike position on his Canondale last season, and that it might take a year to put right.

Oleg is NOT going to be happy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Danish Eurosport claiming Riis says Sagan has some physiological problems, possibly related to poor bike position on his Canondale last season, and that it might take a year to put right.

I could have told you he's got a terrible position on the bike.
  • No_Ta_Doctor

Yes. He can hardly even keep his front wheel on the ground.

But interesting that Riis is getting his excuses in early.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    That was a great slo-mo.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    This can only be a good race if a superstar wins or at least a top 5% rider. So that means I really want Sagan to win, followed by Cavendish, followed by Kwiatkowski, followed by Cancellara, followed by Gilbert, followed by Nibali, followed by Valverde, followed by Stannard.

In what world is Stannard more of a superstar than Kristoff?

In fairness, a lot of the italian commenters were saying the same thing after Kristoff won.

"Goss, Ciloek, and now Kristoff?'

Of course, it could be the first of many, but that's how a lot of people think.
  • rick_chasey

Yes. He can hardly even keep his front wheel on the ground.

But interesting that Riis is getting his excuses in early.

Upright, always arched back, seems to sit too far forward on his saddle.
  • sjmclean wrote:

What a bizarre attitude to cycle racing you have.

He only likes its when Man Utd win football, New Zealand win rugby and India win cricket.

I'd love Swift to win, have a real liking for him, and he's been drafted in to my men squad, at least until Dibben starts racing with WIGGINS later on this year.
    Darn sight better than England or Australia winning in the cricket. Still like nails on blackboard, though.

Regarding the odds in the first page, did a Michael Matthews fan come up with them? Seems ridiculously favourable for someone who's been rather crap at this race.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Is anyone else watching on Cycling Hub TV? Did the same thing happen on your screen where the mouse started moving about and doing things?
  • Macaloon
    Looking forward to Brian Smith's 'analysis' if Ciolek makes the final group.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    I like Kwia's rainbow striped gilet!
  • Those orange wheels on the CCC rider's bike are appalling. His bike looks like one of those stupid, gaudily-coloured, fixed-wheel bikes with deep-section rims :?: you see around town. Rant over.

DD.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Cricket is the 3rd best sport in the world after cycling and rugby. That is all.
  • Macaloon
    adr82 wrote:
    I like Kwia's rainbow striped gilet!
    Classy ensemble. Even pulled-off white goggles.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    sjmclean wrote:
    Is anyone else watching on Cycling Hub TV? Did the same thing happen on your screen where the mouse started moving about and doing things?

Disconnect from the net, and run a scan now.
    Then change all your passwords.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    sjmclean wrote:

Close the blinds and go full tin foil.

We will remember you.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • RichN95.
    I thought Tjallingi retired a couple of years ago.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    sjmclean wrote:

Close the blinds and go full tin foil.

We will remember you.

I was being serious, I know people who it's happened to, extremely disconcerting.
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    In Laigueglia .... start of the Capi here.... Capo Mele up first.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • What were these technological innovations RAI were touting? I'm underwhelmed
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • milton50
    It would make it very interesting if the descent of the Poggio was almost dry but with wet patches. A good descender willing to take risks like a Kwiatkowski, Cancellara, or a Gilbert, could get enough of a gap to take the win.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    Recovering nicely after un jour sans this morning

16893133371_1c1cf5645b_c.jpg

Stewing in the Zuid Holland Sun
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Bravo sir, im on the malt based recovery beverages
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • What were these technological innovations RAI were touting? I'm underwhelmed

Apartfrom stealing sjmclean's identity, obviously

@gietvangent
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    I think it was them trying to turn on the stream or something, their servers have went down for maintenance. I'm running a scan.
  • milton50
    Lotto and Greipel move up towards the front of the peloton, so he's obviously feeling good so far.
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    sjmclean wrote:
    I think it was them trying to turn on the stream or something, their servers have went down for maintenance. I'm running a scan.

Ah, it was a cursor moving round in the stream?

Nowt to worry about then.
  • Crampeur
    Crampeur Posts: 1,065
    Cofidis in actually visible in a race shocker.