The Conspiracy Theory

Comments

• finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Er, are you suggesting that the Earth is flat? :?
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    No its just a theory.

How do pilots maintain their altitude without flying into space?

If Earth is round, that means they are continually making adjustments to maintain altitude.

Pilots don't need to do that.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1czU9bxnbXH

Then he says people come up with answers like "the atmosphere magically keeps the plane level".
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,018
    25 pages is enough I say, enough
    If you can have 97 pages about 22 people kicking a ball around, why not?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Let's assume for a moment that Manc33 is correct - and that the earth really is flat and that the sun isn't really 93 million miles away from earth.

What would be the point of such a monumental deception?
    Who is behind it?
    Most importantly - why? Why are they doing it?

If I woke up one morning to discover that the earth was flat and that the sun was just above roof level - literally NOTHING in my life would change.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,765
    edited April 2015
    Manc33 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Manc33 wrote:
    All of those are paintings or CGI images.
    :lol: Prove it.

Goodnight.

I already did when I said the Earth is perfectly round in all the images.
    Trouble is, I sent you a link with many thousands of images: you replied 4 minutes later saying that they were all paintings or CGI images - in order to make that statement you would have needed to look at all of the images and formed a view. As it is physically impossible to check that many images in 4 minutes, logically you must be making a statement based on what you already believe, not based on what you see/observe. I wonder how many times you have done that? Anyway, that tells me everything I need to know, thank you :wink:

I'll leave you with a live feed from the International Space Station - somebody must be very busy faking a live feed :lol:
    http://www.ustream.tv/channel/iss-hdev-payload
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,717
    Did anybody see Jack Dee's stand up on telly last night? That bit was mercifully brief and a lot more entertaining than this.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 13,212
    Nah, this is dangerously addictive. I keep coming back just to see what is the latest bit of Manc lunacy. Can't help myself... and here I am again...
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:
    Let's assume for a moment that Manc33 is correct - and that the earth really is flat and that the sun isn't really 93 million miles away from earth.

Who is behind it?

If I woke up one morning to discover that the earth was flat and that the sun was just above roof level - literally NOTHING in my life would change.

That question goes to Manc33, by the way...

Also - how are we to explain the lunar eclipse? Where the (apparently round) shadow of earth is projected onto the moon. Or is that some bloke on a step ladder with a black sheet, a projector and some cut-out shapes??
  • Manc33
    In the flat earth model, the sun and moon are exactly the same size.

It isn't "the Earth in between the sun and moon" (round Earth), it is the moon passing in front of the sun (flat Earth).

They say the moon orbits at a constant rate on (I think) a fixed orbit, but the sun speeds up and slows down. They claim the old Rabbit and Hare fable is based on it. The moon always "beats" the sun on their race back to the North after our winter (summer in the south).
    Imposter wrote:

You can hide the fact that there's more land. Make people think they are living on an almost pointless speck of dust.

If the Antarctic "circle" (in a flat Earth, a 50,000 mile outer ice wall) gets thawed out a bit more, there would be more land there (and the North would have a bigger ice cap). In fact this would be what we call ice ages I suppose, the sun orbiting around in a slightly bigger circle than it normally does.
    Imposter wrote:
    Who is behind it?

There's a secret society you must be a member of to be an astronaut, there's a clue.

The society goes back hundreds of years so it does cover people like Copernicus.

http://i.imgur.com/TsxR6r9.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/X5nYeP1.png

That second pic lol. Get the hand signal book out. :roll:

http://i.imgur.com/RIL29uL.jpg
    Yes, him as well. This guy escaped to Argentina after the war according to a now de-classified pilot testimony. He was being funded by Bushs grandfather FFS. All one big secretive gang, complete with gang hand signs.

http://i.imgur.com/jbztaHj.jpg
    Such a natural way to have your fingers.

Maybe they all had arthritis in the exact same parts of their hands.

People thought the Earth was flat for 4,000 years, maybe thats how long it took to convince everyone is it round. They had to convince the church first. Once the church is convinced (even though the bible says Earth is flat) the rest is easy.

I have heard people (that hate Christianity) say "The church jailed Galileo for life just because he claimed the Earth moves" now wouldn't that be a great double bluff if the world were flat as a way to reinforce it being round! Then you get people saying "See, the bloody church, they are nutters, they know nothing" but what if they were actually jailing him because he was attempting to spread a monstrous lie?

The same thing happened with Darwin where he was fearful of writing his stuff because of the church... yeah because its not provable, that's why he should be worried, sod the church, he is supposed to be proving this theory not just marketing it and sounding convincing, anyone can do that.
    Imposter wrote:

You'd have to ask them that question. Maybe there are other thawed out puddles (flat Earth) across the ice shelf. You'd have to travel until you found another sun/moon system.

They would rather keep everyone thinking they are on a tiny little globe where every nation fights each other (even though behind closed doors they all work together, for example all the nations that signed the Antarctic treaty, you have all those nations peacefully working together to stop people going across the ice shelf).

So how come they can be all peaceful and nice down in Antarctica? If this stuff has been going on for centuries then it would have to be like that.
    Imposter wrote:

No but you would secretly be satisfied. :wink:

This is the way it goes with everyone checking into it, same thing every time...

1. Laughing because it is a bullchit notion (based on a pre-programmed idea only).

2. Finding out planes don't need to keep dipping their nose down to maintain altitude, the horizon is at eye level 20 miles up, the sun shines through clouds at an angle, no pics of Earth from space ever released... and a hundred other things. The fact is the things being brought up are not debunked, stuff like this normally is.

3. Then you either ignore it because it scared the crap out of you, or you keep looking into it. :twisted:

When you know they are lying about everything else as it is, then I guess the notion isn't as crazy as it would be for someone more trusting.

I remember going to the seaside the first time as a kid and saying to my dad "I can see the curve of the sea" but now in the flat Earth theory... they say that's possible if it is flat.

There's experiments done with monkeys to show how they can all be fooled. They get it to the point where the monkeys don't know why they are doing what they are doing and are only doing it because they saw another monkey do it.

The most absurd thing about the flat Earth theory isn't that they are claiming the Earth is flat, it is that they are claiming "god is being taken away from us" and its all because of a satanic force ruling Earth. It only has to be people slightly more intelligent though, or people that find out these things and use it to their advantage. Its a territorial thing then I guess.

Why does some nutty war lord have entire African villages doing exactly what he wants? Its the same thing as why would they not tell us Earth is flat. Because they can and they are twisted enough.
  • imposter2.0
    I don't...even....
  • Manc33
    Check out the Illuminati playing cards from the mid 1990s :P

SqBeWFZ.jpg

"People laugh, but the flat earthers know something" :o

One even has 9/11 on it. Well its called "Terrorist Nuke" but it is clearly the world trade center. :roll:

rX1z61p.jpg
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Manc33 wrote:
    Such a natural way to have your fingers.

Maybe they all had arthritis in the exact same parts of their hands.
    "Logic and practical information do not seem to apply here." - Spock.
    tumblr_lhtf4861zQ1qguqnvo1_1280.jpg
    Leonard Nimoy RIP.
  • Manc33
    He must have been reading Philosophiæ Naturalis Principia Mathematica.

Translated that means "This is the natural world because I say so, if you question what I say you're a loony"

OK BOSS
  • RDW
    Manc33 wrote:
    The most absurd thing about the flat Earth theory isn't that they are claiming the Earth is flat, it is that they are claiming "god is being taken away from us" and its all because of a satanic force ruling Earth.
    It's actually a bit more complicated than that. Originally, there was a flat earth cosmology, but the most powerful nation on Earth, falling under Satanic influence, raised a vast military force to challenge the Powers in their own domain, which at that time could be reached by simply sailing there. In response to this threat, God re-fashioned the world into a globe, in the process causing a tsunami that drowned the country we now remember as 'Atlantis'. However, a 'straight path' could apparently still be found by those with the ability to navigate it. The full story has been translated from the original ancient languages and can now be studied by modern readers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akallab%C3%AAth

ted%20nasmith_the%20silmarillion_3_akallabeth_the%20downfall%20of%20numenor4_tar-miriel.jpg
  • Manc33
    edited April 2015
    "God refashioned the Earth into a globe" lol. All the water would come off.

JRR Tolkien is reinforcing the globe model too.

The earliest account of Atlantis comes from Plato and he said practically nothing about it, just that it really existed.

Other things can sometimes make more sense if a flat Earth is assumed. It would easily explain where Atlantis is and why no one has ever found it. Correction - no one that would tell the world about it and isn't there at the behest of far more powerful people, has ever found it.
  • RDW
    Manc33 wrote:
    That second pic lol. Get the hand signal book out. :roll:
    f0595628446dee73a9269be7399ce2ff.jpg
  • Manc33
    Their hand signal should be an enclosed fist if they are doing a "round Earth scam" on everyone. :lol:

See if you can answer any of this:

1. Planes can maintain altitude without flying into space. On a round Earth, the plane would end up flying into space as the Earth drops away underneath. No one ever explains this, or can.

2. Sun shines through clouds at angles even though it is purported to be 93 Million miles away (meaning the light would be straight the whole way across the Earth, which is like a speck of dust in the round Earth model).

3. Can't feel any movement. Someone living in the UK (where on a round Earth the land moves at say 300 MPH) going to the equator, would then be moving at 1,000 MPH. Why can't they feel this 700 MPH increase?

4. Why can't a plane just take off and fly "against" the spin of the Earth and be going +1000 MPH on top of whatever speed it is doing? Let me guess, the air magically sticks to the Earth... PROVE IT DOES THEN. You can't just fob people off and say "because it does" lol.

5. Since you cannot prove gravity exists, how can a non-vacuum stay perfectly attached to a vacuum without one becoming the other, over millions of years? This isn't possible. Show me an example of a non-vacuum connected to a vacuum without one interfering with the other. It cannot happen because one would counteract the other, it would just balance out. Its like opening your freezer and all the condensed air stays there.

6. The horizon is always at eye level, even if you go 20 miles up. Shouldn't you be looking down on a curved horizon by that point? Its hard because every camera lens makes the horizon concave in the lower half of the frame and convex in the top half of the frame. They also use fish eye lenses, making it look even rounder. Your own eyeball is curved too. You'd need a special camera that not only corrects its own lens curvature but the curvature of the human eye as well, to then observe a line hundreds of miles away properly "as is".

Imagine untying a balloon and instead of all the air going pffffffffffffff it just stays in the balloon and some magic force stops the air coming out. This is what they are telling us by telling us a vacuum can be attached to a non-vacuum without one interfering with the other.

This is why you need gravity and so on to make it all work, but that has never been proven to exist.

Its interesting actually to see the lies that are possible if they are based on other lesser lies, its a study all of its own, regardless of the shape of the world.

As far as getting answers, forget it, you might as well be asking Ben Linus.
  • RDW
    Manc33 wrote:
    Their hand signal should be an enclosed fist if they are doing a "round Earth scam" on everyone. :lol:
    Gillian-Anderson.jpg
  • imposter2.0
    Another one for you Manc33 - if the earth is flat, how do you explain time zones, and the fact that at midday here, it is midnight somewhere else?
  • pblakeney
    Imposter wrote:
    Another one for you Manc33 - if the earth is flat, how do you explain time zones, and the fact that at midday here, it is midnight somewhere else?
    The Sun rises in the East and sets in the West.
    It's not that hard to understand. The Sun moves.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • imposter2.0
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Maybe the sun does move. But on this mythical flat earth, it would all be lit or unlit simultaneously, regardless of whichever direction the sun moved.
  • pblakeney
    Imposter wrote:
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Maybe the sun does move. But on this mythical flat earth, it would all be lit or unlit simultaneously, regardless of whichever direction the sun moved.
    Work out your angles with the Sun only being above the cloud level and the Earth 24,000 miles long.
    Now put mountains and clouds in the way.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • RDW
    Actually, it's not really a sphere either...
    actually.png
    https://xkcd.com/1318/
  • RDW
    Manc33 wrote:
    The horizon is always at eye level, even if you go 20 miles up. Shouldn't you be looking down on a curved horizon by that point? Its hard because every camera lens makes the horizon concave in the lower half of the frame and convex in the top half of the frame. They also use fish eye lenses, making it look even rounder. Your own eyeball is curved too. You'd need a special camera that not only corrects its own lens curvature but the curvature of the human eye as well, to then observe a line hundreds of miles away properly "as is".
    Interestingly enough, you can see the curvature of the earth from a high enough altitude. Apparently it starts to be visible around 35,000 feet, and you could see it clearly from Concorde. Today, you can book a flight in a MiG or send up one of those weather balloons with a camera. It's true that some high altitude images are taken with distorting lenses (sometimes the curvature is the wrong way round, which I'm sure the flat earthers love!), but a highly corrected lens isn't exactly hard to find - that cheap zoom that comes bundled with a beginner's SLR will probably distort significantly, but shell out a few hundred quid and you can fit a well corrected prime with a very flat field. I'm sure the flat earthers have some sort of theory to 'explain' this, though some of them are no more sincere about this than Manc, and are playing the same mind games.
  • Manc33
    RDW wrote:
    Interestingly enough, you can see the curvature of the earth from a high enough altitude. Apparently it starts to be visible around 35,000 feet, and you could see it clearly from Concorde.

Looking through the glass of a Concorde window doesn't count, the glass might be curved.
    RDW wrote:
    Today, you can book a flight in a MiG or send up one of those weather balloons with a camera. It's true that some high altitude images are taken with distorting lenses (sometimes the curvature is the wrong way round, which I'm sure the flat earthers love!), but a highly corrected lens isn't exactly hard to find - that cheap zoom that comes bundled with a beginner's SLR will probably distort significantly, but shell out a few hundred quid and you can fit a well corrected prime with a very flat field. I'm sure the flat earthers have some sort of theory to 'explain' this, though some of them are no more sincere about this than Manc, and are playing the same mind games.

Maybe if such a lens were tried, but I don't know if you can get them designed to go up 80,000 feet and survive the fall. The cameras they use seem to all still work after they come down.

Your own eye is a curved lens as well though, a ruler looks straight enough... but a horizon hundreds of miles out, I'm not sure. It could very well appear curved, but be flat.

Almost as if... if god put us here on a flat Earth even he/she/it is in on the conspiracy to make us think it is curved. :P I'm joking, I hope.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    The spikes in air pressure after Krakotoa erupted in 1883 (i think) were recorded around the world about every 34 hours which is how long it would take sound to travel around the world. That is hard to explain if the earth is Flat
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Chris Bass wrote:
    The spikes in air pressure after Krakotoa erupted in 1883 (i think) were recorded around the world about every 34 hours which is how long it would take sound to travel around the world. That is hard to explain if the earth is Flat

The world is 45,000 miles across, silly.

Don't ruin my party.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33
    Chris Bass wrote:

This is a good one but impossible to verify properly.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,113
    Grrrrr....
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Manc33 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

This is a good one but impossible to verify properly.

Why?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015