Planet X code?

13»

Comments

• andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    Ordered at the weekend 10 days ago with the DL code, a small order, just some of their end-of-line clothing and a chain, not a whole bike

My order sat there all last week 'awaiting processing'.

I sent two order enquiries from their website, on Weds & Fri, no answer to first, got an email back to the second asking me to phone them this Monday.

I was busy on customer site all day Monday so was going to ring Tuesday, expecting to be told they weren't going to honour the code and I could either cancel or pay full price.

But no, first thing Tuesday morning before I got round to ringing them, I get an email saying the order had shipped, and it's just been delivered !

I suspect someone's reviewed it and decided "sod it, just ship it", based on the value of the order/discount and the fact that I've bought a few things from them over the years, including a frame last year : might have been different if I were expecting the 20% off the value of a whole bike
  • ilovegrace
    ilovegrace Posts: 677
    I do not understand this , both myself and friend bought in total retail value of £2000 two bikes using the code, we paid £800 each without the code we would not have bought them.
    So to PX it was £1600 or nothing.
    regards
    ILG
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    I wouldn't be surprised if that 20% is their profit margin. It's not like their prices for bikes are high to begin with.
  • Does anyone have a current code!?

TIA
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pastryboy
    Unlikely to be any more. PX aren't accepting the last bunch.
  • AAddict
    AAddict Posts: 77
    I settled on a compromise on my RT-58 Ultegra so I have paid £739 delivered. It's getting built and shipped on Friday as I said I wanted it quick he went and checked how much of build queue jump was possible. I decided I was cutting my nose off to spite my face as I couldn't find anything anywhere near as tempting for this kind of money. It's a great bike at great price, so to get it even lower than their lowest offered price is a win. I wouldn't have paid the £799 due to me being stubborn, so the compromise was enough to make me buy.

Back to being excited about my new bike. :D
  • Beaky chugger!

Well done! ;-).

I guess that makes you second cousin once removed from DL....
  • AAddict
    Beaky chugger!

Well done! ;-).

I guess that makes you second cousin once removed from DL....

:lol:

It went from 'processing' to being 'Your order is in the warehouse being picked' before I'd even hung up the phone :P
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Update from me - after a few emails I got my tubs. It took 2 weeks though!
  • andy_wrx
    AAddict wrote:
    as I said I wanted it quick he went and checked how much of build queue jump was possible
    Don't agree with this !
    - we're British and we queue patiently, not like those dodgy Continentals who push-in...

Either he was flannelling you and giving the impression you were jumping the queue when you really weren't at all, or he really has put you up the queue and everyone else has to wait longer
  • AAddict
    andy_wrx wrote:
    AAddict wrote:
    as I said I wanted it quick he went and checked how much of build queue jump was possible
    Don't agree with this !
    - we're British and we queue patiently, not like those dodgy Continentals who push-in...

Either he was flannelling you and giving the impression you were jumping the queue when you really weren't at all, or he really has put you up the queue and everyone else has to wait longer

I told him I wanted it for the start of next week or the deal was off. He went away to check how far he could jump it up the order and phoned me back 10 mins later. He confirmed he could get it to the front of the queue (I was quoted 5-7 days when I asked how soon I would get it if I agreed to new price), so I agreed and paid up. The bike has shipped this afternoon by the way :shock: :lol:
  • andy_wrx
    You must be a "dodgy Continental" and that nice Mr Farage will soon be sorting you out ! :lol:
  • AAddict
    andy_wrx wrote:
    You must be a "dodgy Continental" and that nice Mr Farage will soon be sorting you out ! :lol:

Must crash harder next time :D

farage-460_1631031c.jpg
  • AAddict
    yiwpx0u.jpg
  • pastryboy
    Nice. Could be a long time before anything comparable comes up at that sort of money.
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    pastryboy wrote:
    Nice. Could be a long time before anything comparable comes up at that sort of money.

Is it really that amazing value?

How much of it is actually Ultegra? Can only see shifters and mechs. Wheels are Khamsins @ £100 the pair. Bars,stem, seatpost and saddle are low end stuff. Chainset looks like FSA. Brake calipers look to be cheapo jobs too. Cassette and chain will probably be 105.
    Frame not significantly different from other carbon offerings in the £400-500 range.

It's a solid buy. You get your money's worth no doubt. No more than that.
  • Semantik wrote:
    pastryboy wrote:

How much of it is actually Ultegra? Can only see shifters and mechs. Wheels are Khamsins @ £100 the pair. Bars,stem, seatpost and saddle are low end stuff. Chainset looks like FSA. Brake calipers look to be cheapo jobs too. Cassette and chain will probably be 105.
    Frame not significantly different from other carbon offerings in the £400-500 range.

Do Decals cost extra??
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • pastryboy
    Semantik wrote:

I didn't use the word 'amazing' but have you seen anything better than that for £739? I haven't.
  • AAddict
    Semantik wrote:
    pastryboy wrote:

Do Decals cost extra??

I quite like the subtle/stealth decals

47V8bxc.jpg
  • AAddict
    pastryboy wrote:
    Semantik wrote:

I didn't use the word 'amazing' but have you seen anything better than that for £739? I haven't.

I haven't, nothing close, that's why I bought it. :o
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    AAddict wrote:
    pastryboy wrote:
    Semantik wrote:

I haven't, nothing close, that's why I bought it. :o

Fair do's. It 's decent for the money. Hope you enjoy it
  • I ordered one of the last Planet X Ti Sportive USA Ltd Edition frames plus other stuff and PX "honoured" the discount so frame ended up costing £480. I guess this went through as these frames have been in their warehouse for a long time. After buying lots of stuff from PX (and Ribble) over the years I have always found both companies to be 1) very cheap and 2) not having any issues but quickly sorting those that occur.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    My mate's XLS Rival Hydro came yesterday morning as well.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Incidentally, if that code were around right now I'd be very seriously looking at that Viner Mitus.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Spatulala
    Spatulala Posts: 291
    Anyone looking at the Rt58 Rival build, you have just over an hour to get it for £799 with the code UKFRIDAY13. Not only that, you can pick whatever upgrades you like via the customise button and the price will not rise. A Mate just added upgraded saddle, bar tape, carbon cages, tires and Look Keo Max 2 pedals, price remained £799!
  • 15% off orders > 100 squids, excluding bikes.

London Road Mix it bundle reduced to £255, in garish lime green with yellow bar tape, deal or no deal? lol
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Looking at the bundles today, the pro carbon bundle at £333 without VAT looked great, then add in a group set and a pair of wheels and it's more expensive then a whole bike.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.