Planet X code?

Comments

• curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    After all that the sales dept wanted to honour the order, but by that point I'd put it down as a punt that wasnt gonna come off and had gone with a different option. All a bit strange but oh well. Anyone else get their order through?
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • AAddict
    AAddict Posts: 77
    Curto80 wrote:
    After all that the sales dept wanted to honour the order, but by that point I'd put it down as a punt that wasnt gonna come off and had gone with a different option. All a bit strange but oh well. Anyone else get their order through?

How do you know they wanted to honour the code? Did you call and ask if it was going through?
  • curto80
    curto80 Posts: 314
    Yes exactly
    Rose Xlite Team 3100 Di2
    Kinesis Tripster ATR
    Orro Oxygen
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    When the 20% code was working last time round I trawled their website looking for something worth buying. But found nothing.

Why no up to the minute factory fresh wheelsets from Fulcrum,Campag or Shimano?
    Why so little of the latest 11 speed groupset stuff? eg not a single Shimano 11 speed chainset available or any 11 speed derailleurs or any 11 speed sti shifters?

It's all a bit too grungy . Too much old surplus stock on there.
    And some of their own brand frames are old enough to be in museums....
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Surplus is great. And thank god there's a shop doing stuff like that. Useful stuff. There's room for PX amongst the shiny new things.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Sir Velo
    Sir Velo Posts: 143
    Dave, I thought we were all friends on here!

I'm with Bender, there is a place for Planet X; when I'm in need for a few bike bits I usually check them out although probably only buy occasionally due to the stock being wrong size, colour or actually not any cheaper. But once in a while they have just what I need and buy button is pressed.

SV
  • bendertherobot
    First place I look for tyres as well. And tubes.

Obviously not for Castelli, but sometimes for Sidi.

And I rode my XLS again today, and have a massive smile on my face.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    @ daveplanetx - you might want to tell your employer to answer communications and speed up the return of people's payments rather than leaving orders 'waiting to be processed', holding the money for 10 days and not responding to emails.
  • bendertherobot
    Yes, to echo that, I understand that these are being built and that payment has been taken. My mate is waiting on his and would rather like it before Battle on the Beach next week!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    So I'm not the only one then. I only ordered a pair of new tubs! Must be some sort of naughty step for code users.
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    I rang to cancel mine today and although it's waiting to be processed on their website it's apparently been built and might've even been despatched!
  • AAddict
    Mine is also 'Waiting to be processed' and full payment was taken over a week ago.
  • AAddict
    daveski12 wrote:
    I rang to cancel mine today and although it's waiting to be processed on their website it's apparently been built and might've even been despatched!

What did you order daveski12? Have you cancelled then or awaiting delivery?
  • AAddict
    I just got the following message from PlanetX on via facebook, where I've been asking for them to update me.
    Hi Anthony, I'm just trying to get this sorted as it appears to have stalled in our system here. I'll update you further in the morning. Apologies for the delay.
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    What bikes are people waiting on? Were they pre-ordered using a code?
  • AAddict
    pastryboy wrote:
    What bikes are people waiting on? Were they pre-ordered using a code?

RT-58 (my size was in stock when I ordered, but god only knows if they allocated it to my order).
  • antsmithmk
    antsmithmk Posts: 717
    @ daveplanetx - you might want to tell your employer to answer communications and speed up the return of people's payments rather than leaving orders 'waiting to be processed', holding the money for 10 days and not responding to emails.

I have called 3 times, been promised a call back twice which has never happened. Also used the online contact us form and had nothing back.

A seriously unhappy customer here. I would appreciate it if they just said it was cancelled so I can order from elsewhere.
  • Mine had just sat pending for a week (I ordered some Tubs and a bit of clothing not a full bike). I sent a message yesterday asking what was happening and got this reply:

Thank you for your email.

I can see that you have been in contact with my colleague earlier to resolve this issue.

Kind Regards

Which is just nonsense as no one contacted me at all. Interestingly though the order status has now changed to 'in picking' so I guess ill wait another few days to see if it seems to progress. I actually dont really even care at this point if I get it or not, I just want it resolved one way or the other.
  • bendertherobot
    The bike builds do take some time. My original XLS took a week or so. The issue here is non communication.

Have to say though, given that the orders were originally destined to be cancelled, the fact that they then changed to "picking" etc is, of course, confirmation that those contracts have been accepted. So they do need to just get on with it.
  • the_rover
    the_rover Posts: 402
    antsmithmk wrote:

I have called 3 times, been promised a call back twice which has never happened. Also used the online contact us form and had nothing back.

A seriously unhappy customer here. I would appreciate it if they just said it was cancelled so I can order from elsewhere.

+ 3, I had a poor experience last year when trying to buy some clothing off them, I ended up cancelling the order through frustration but they got me back by not refunding me for two weeks! I had to chase them 3 times for the refund and not once did I get an apology.
    Appreciate they have lots of happy customers but I'm not one of them.
  • dazz_ni45
    dazz_ni45 Posts: 468
    Glad I'm not the only one. Ordered Sunday 1st (a few bits of clothing and a few small tools) and haven't had an order status or confirmation of posting. Have emailed 3 times and no reply to any of the emails. One of the tools I really need this week so am going to have to purchase elsewhere and then either cancel the order or return it. If they want to cancel the order, then that is fine, but just tell me and refund my payment....
  • AAddict
    Looks like the game may be over:
    Hi Anthony, I have spoken to our team regarding this order. The issue is that that code that was used was not applicable for limited edition bikes such as this. We are therefore unable to supply it at this price. We are of course able to either issue a full refund or provide the bike if the full price of £799.99 was paid.
  • bendertherobot
    AAddict wrote:
    Looks like the game may be over:
    Hi Anthony, I have spoken to our team regarding this order. The issue is that that code that was used was not applicable for limited edition bikes such as this. We are therefore unable to supply it at this price. We are of course able to either issue a full refund or provide the bike if the full price of £799.99 was paid.

What does your order say? If money has been taken and the order has moved through several stages, given what was posted here, I think it might be quite, quite difficult for them to cancel now. The wording is also pretty poor given that it now acknowledges that the code was otherwise valid. That's not consistent with the explanation given.
  • apreading
    apreading Posts: 4,535
    My understanding is that if they have taken your money, they have accepted the order and formed a binding contract. The only reason why they could cancel without your consent is if they are unable to supply the item, which clearly is not the case.

If they have taken your money then you have a right to demand they provide the contracted goods - if you choose to push the matter.

I think this is why they are carefully inviting you to accept a refund rather than arbitrarily cancelling the order and just refunding you. If you communicate back and accept one of those options, you will be releasing them from their legally binding contract.
  • daveski12
    daveski12 Posts: 158
    AAddict wrote:
    daveski12 wrote:

What did you order daveski12? Have you cancelled then or awaiting delivery?

I ordered a Nanolight and some 82mm wheels.

Decided to cancel as I only really need a frame!
  • bendertherobot
    apreading wrote:
    My understanding is that if they have taken your money, they have accepted the order and formed a binding contract. The only reason why they could cancel without your consent is if they are unable to supply the item, which clearly is not the case.

If they have taken your money then you have a right to demand they provide the contracted goods - if you choose to push the matter.

I think this is why they are carefully inviting you to accept a refund rather than arbitrarily cancelling the order and just refunding you. If you communicate back and accept one of those options, you will be releasing them from their legally binding contract.

A lot of internet companies have a get out in their T&C's for that given the immediate nature of money processing.

Here's Wiggle's:

A contract between us for the purchase of the goods will not be formed until your payment has been approved by us, the prices have been verified, and the order has been processed and dispatched

And here's PX's:

You will then receive confirmation of your order - this confirms we have received your order, but it does not indicate a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order by sending you an invoice - this is the contract between us. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing, for example if we have inadvertently under-priced a product, or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the revised price is acceptable to you.
  • PX really aren't helping themselves here, these "secret codes" are either out in the public to attract more business, or they really need to question why family of staff need to enter a code to get a special family discount rather than sorting out their special price over the phone while speaking to family member who works at PX.
    ================
    2020 Voodoo Marasa
    2017 Cube Attain GTC Pro Disc 2016
    2016 Voodoo Wazoo
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Maybe all the customer service staff left in a huff? That could explain the codes being released and the problems people are having with orders.

Codes were 'released' in November and every forum post I saw people were getting their orders fine (including me - two orders made with a code).

I have a pre-order in place for an RT-58. Nothing has happened with the order but I'm expecting it to be cancelled. I don't know if they've debited my card though?
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    0% you probably shouldn't have said that...
  • Semantik
    Semantik Posts: 537
    Planet X in my experience are not very keen on, and even less good at;

1)amending or cancelling orders

2) Giving you a refund

I have never experienced anything like the same problems with other retailers.

No doubt they will try and blame one or all of the following reasons;

1.We are/have been stocktaking so have been unable to process orders as we would normally.
    2.We are/have just located to another warehouse/premises/location so there have been unavoidable delays.
    3. We have just made changes to our IT system/ website for keeping track of orders and customer emails.

Sadly, they underestimate the intelligence of their customers most of whom are not as gullible as they think.

Tried to get a refund on an 'in stock' frame order once as it was taking weeks to be processed-
    It took far too many emails and phone calls than should have been necessary to finally get the refund. No excuse really.