Carbon Hardtails...

13»

Comments

• Don B
    Don B Posts: 122
    Well, I don't have a £1000 budget in the first place...really pushing it at £500 tbh
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You can certainly get a decent second hand FS for less than £500 if you are patient.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Don B
    Possible I suppose, alot of Giant Trance X4's out there second hand for around £700.

At any more than the £500 I'd rather do the BTW scheme :mrgreen:
  • njee20
    njee20 Posts: 9,613
    I'd have the Kulawatt over any new <£1000 FS bike.
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Surely there is a difference in intended usage between a carbon hardtail and a FS trail bike. for £500 hardtail has to be the way to go? plus if you are buying second hand less to be worn so more likely to be in reasonable nick..
  • Don B
    Well, I've agreed to buy it subject to looking it over at just less than £500. I'm told it's just had a service, and fork and lockout have just been serviced too.

Will report back tomorrow when I get a look at it
  • Don B
    Picked up the Kula Watt last night. Needs a service, buT all good otherwise by the look of it.

First impression is that it's very very light compared to my Cindercone. Also, the Easton rear wheel is strangely silent. The front wheel makes a faint ticking noise, hope that's normal. 20150305_072549_zpsclvfk0xl.jpg
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Possibly the front brake hose. I'd undo the caliper and route it behind the fork leg anyway.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Don B
    Don't think it's the brake house but will defined re route the cable anyway.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Could just be the pad catching on the leading edge of the slots in the disc.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Don B
    Hope it's something simple alright. I have new brake pads to go on..the front caliper is rubbing on the disk too.

Anyway, in general, it looks to be in excellent condition apart from the service being needed. But that isn't a major issue
  • Ferrals
    Ferrals Posts: 785
    Looks nice! looks like the cable/hoses needa trim?
  • Don B
    Ferrals wrote:
    Looks nice! looks like the cable/hoses needa trim?
    Yes you're right, and they're white too making them more noticeable
  • Don B
    Well, took the Kula Watt out for a few hours earlier...what a great machine, absolutely flies. Big upgrade over the Cindercone

20150307_133004_zps03k2cgf2.jpg