A chance to try out a time trial

124»

Comments

• BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    Hi Brian - we did ask riders to tell us whether they were novices and 44 out of 87 riders told us they were. However I think a few strong roadmen, track riders or triathletes might have snook into that category!
    oxoman wrote:
    Hi Ruth my time was 31:48 would have couple of minutes faster if I hadn't got held up, but happy enough given I wasn't last.

Well done. Next time that will be sub-30mins if the weather is kind and you don't get held up. It was a VERY hard day so bear that in mind.

Ruth
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,916
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    Hi Brian - we did ask riders to tell us whether they were novices and 44 out of 87 riders told us they were. However I think a few strong roadmen, track riders or triathletes might have snook into that category!
    But if they were new to TTing as such, that's still a great result, to get so many trying it for a first time. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in seeing how many come back. Do you plan on getting any feedback from the riders? I've found Google forms brilliant at getting responses to club questions. If we could demonstrate to CTT how good novice-targeted TTs are, with documented feedback, maybe CTT could be persuaded to promote it more! Seems like your event was an examplary, er, example.
  • BeaconRuth
    BeaconRuth Posts: 2,086
    BeaconRuth wrote:
    But if they were new to TTing as such, that's still a great result, to get so many trying it for a first time. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in seeing how many come back. Do you plan on getting any feedback from the riders? I've found Google forms brilliant at getting responses to club questions. If we could demonstrate to CTT how good novice-targeted TTs are, with documented feedback, maybe CTT could be persuaded to promote it more! Seems like your event was an examplary, er, example.
    We have a fair amount of feedback from the riders on Facebook. There are several related groups and pages on FB and there's no shortage of thanks and compliments on there. I think many will come back and have another go at the next novices' event and there are encouraging signs that even more will come too as the word spreads. However, I don't hold out much hope of persuading the leaders in the CTT of anything - I'd better not get started on that topic!

Ruth
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,916
    Well, on the back of this thread & your success, Ruth, I suggested to our committee tonight that we might try this on a couple of our June evening 10s - and they seemed to be enthusiastic, though our TT organiser wasn't present, so we'll need to check with him too that he's happy with the notion. Fingers crossed...