Dubai Tour - **SPOILERS***

1235»

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,160
    EQS train looking better and made that one look easy, but opposition maybe not well organised. Was Pettachi lead out last year? Maybe better with Renshaw.
  • Cav wins the overall! Sweet.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dubai15st04-cavendish.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Cracking photo that.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Appreciate it was a longer sprint than ideal - they got the gap so Cav went early - but viviani et al made a lot of ground up on Cav.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    True, but that's the skill part of sprinting isnt it, timing it so you *just* get to the line first
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    ddraver wrote:
    True, but that's the skill part of sprinting isnt it, timing it so you *just* get to the line first

Sure but 3 years ago the gap would have stayed the same...
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,660
    god damn that ageing process :(
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Appreciate it was a longer sprint than ideal - they got the gap so Cav went early - but viviani et al made a lot of ground up on Cav.

Just a result of having more wheels to follow I'd have thought? Like you say, Renshaw and Cav went very early.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Will be interesting to see how Cav does when he has Viviani's wheel to follow.
  • Ber Nard
    Ber Nard Posts: 827
    Joelsim wrote:
    Will be interesting to see how Cav does when he has Viviani's wheel to follow.

I don't think he ever will. I can't see Sky ever putting out a team in support of a sprinter that could rival EQS.
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    Cav wasn't even sprinting at the end, he knew how big the gap was when he went. He just looked back to check and coasted over the line. The overhead shot showed it best, it looked a lot closer from the front.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,163
    For a while I thought Cav and Renshaw had opened up enough gap that Cav would let his mate take the win but they were too far out for that. It seemed like whoever was on Cav's wheel couldn't hold it and let a gap go, bet he wasn't popular afterwards!