VERY Cheap Belkin Team Clothing

Comments

• bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    same email for me

for a technology company, they sure c0cked that up :(
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    Just got the same email, minus the offer of a free t-shirt! :cry:
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    bsharp77 wrote:
    Just got the same email, minus the offer of a free t-shirt! :cry:
    You can have both of mine... back when they sold off the Giant (instead of Santini) kit cheap a couple of months back they threw one in free with every order.

All conveniently size large. Too small for me, too big for plenty on here I'd imagine.

And yes, this is the second time they've failed to deliver on cheap bib shorts. How am I supposed to be a full kit wanker with just two belkin jerseys and no shorts? :lol:
  • nochekmate
    nochekmate Posts: 3,460
    Ordered my XL bibs and top on evening of Wed 21st.

Received goods on Saturday. Happy with XL sizing for 34 waist and 42 chest. Great value. Seems like I beat the deadline on stock.
  • Geo555
    Geo555 Posts: 96
    edited January 2015
    Just looking on their Ebay store and they have added some original summer and aero jerseys.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Cycling-/7294 ... n_store_uk

Summer £13.99

Aero £19.99
  • bianchimoon
    yup, had two left in my size, ordered fingers crossed
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    edited January 2015
    Got the same email - and also can't work out what they actually intend to supply?

Odd - because I got a order complete and the next day I got an order confirmed email

My guess is I'll be getting the junk I ordered to pad the order up to 40 quid to get free delivery and not the bibs I actually wanted.
  • adr82
    adr82 Posts: 4,002
    diy wrote:
    Got the same email - and also can't work out what they actually intend to supply?

Odd - because I got a order complete and the next day I got an order confirmed email
    If they're actually going to send you anything you'll get an email saying so and giving delivery details - they sent me one saying they'd dispatched the jersey I ordered (several days after the "order confirmed" email), then followed it up with another 20 minutes later saying they weren't sending the bibs.
  • diy
    In which case I will keep the free t shirt and send them back the tops
  • I failed to get some bib shorts and a jersey the first time but "complained" and they sent me a pair of shorts and jersey for free - excellent Customer Service

Wanted to get some more this time but they'd sold out - but someone pointed to the eBay shop where they still had some bibs in M but at £29.99. Given that they are excellent shorts (even at £29.99) and the first pair were free I felt that I was still quids in. Ordered on the day the offers were on and collected from Argos on Monday so can't complain
  • diy
    I may remind them of their obligations under The Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, which they haven't complied with.
  • borisface
    borisface Posts: 273
    I have received the same email as you - in what way haven't they complied with their obligations?
  • rhysyd
    rhysyd Posts: 141
    Bought large bibs they arrived and they are a quality shorts, for a jersey and just now bought a long sleeve Jersey don't care if I'm a full kit wanker full santini kit for £45
  • diy
    1. They don't have anything in their terms (that I could find) which say the contract is not formed until the item is shipped, therefore the contract is formed when it is confirmed/payment taken etc. as per the first email referring to the second email.
    2. They have no right to modify the contract and ship only part of the order without agreement
    3. They have not offered the right to cancel for a refund (yet).
    4. They haven't supplied all the necessary information subject to schedule 2.

Sorry its a little convenient to have some amazing bargains (the bibs) and some reasonable deals and then fail to supply the amazing bargains. But its 40 quid so everything in perspective. I'l wait and see.

but nothing I can see links the free T-shirt to acceptance of the modified contract. So I'll accept it as a generous offer of compensation and return the tops if I don't get the bibs I ordered.
  • borisface
    borisface Posts: 273
    Thanks for that, I get your drift but they don't seem to have taken any payment yet - I ordered bibs and jerseys and appear to be receiving jerseys and T shirt (in hideous green).
  • diy
    Yeah not hopeful of bibs and have enough tops already. It is F***ing annoying when they send you an email and there is no reply email or option to cancel. I can't find anything on the site which allows me to enter the order no and cancel it.
  • rowlers
    rowlers Posts: 1,614
    Well I must have been lucky.
    L bibs fit really well, and XL top is nice fitting too.
    (5'6'' 74kg)

Great quality kit... delighted for the price...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    I had a call from Belkin the other night apologising that their site was so shyyyyte (when I called them to see if I could buy kit over the 'phone they logged the call as a complaint/error/summat): nice lady, apologised, did her job. I was jovial, said no dramas, thank you very much for the call, much appreciated. In no way at all her fault so wouldn't dream of being anything apart from 100 per cent polite.

Overall not one of the worst failed shopping experiences - at least they were polite. Probably going to get some kit from Ribble as a birthday pressie to myself.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    Did a turbo session in the bibs last night - they are a great fit and very comfortable pad. Excellent for £15. Still not convinced about the jersey - loose on the arms and just not a great fit all round.
  • bianchimoon
    They sent me an email to say sorry they couldn't fulfil my order from their website
    So I bought a shirt off the Belkin ebay shop for same price £9.99.
    This morning received an email to say that the first shirt had been despatched :roll:
  • graeme_s-2
    graeme_s-2 Posts: 3,382
    I ordered two pairs of medium bib shorts from the eBay store for £14.99 each on Thursday afternoon and they've arrived this morning, so very pleased about that.

Looks like I guessed right on the size and the quality is fantastic!
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    I got my Large Shorts and jersey I bought on Friday delivered. Your really can't beat getting this for 25 quid.
  • So my kit may or may not be delivered and it may or may not fit. I'm glad I've got that clear in my head.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    nbalcombe wrote:
    So some or all of your kit may or may not be delivered and it may or may not fit. I'm glad I've got that clear in my head.

FTFY
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Meh. Looks like they are out of shorts -but I'm getting the top. I wasnt THAT keen on the top - but it'll be fine with plain black shorts I guess.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    I ordered bibs and shorts.

Looks like i'm only getting shorts and a free fan t-shirt as a sorry.

Plus a 10% discount code for my next Belkin order.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • diy
    Funny how they are honouring the Ebay deals where customers can leave sh** feedback or dispute payment, but feel they have the right to modify an order without any ability for the customer to cancel. I suspect a bait and switch is going on here, given others claim they have form.

I just want to cancel the order now - but it looks like I have to go through the hassle of returning the items because of their c**k up.

You'd think they'd want customers ordering directly on their site to have a better experience.
  • durhamwasp
    durhamwasp Posts: 1,247
    Got in touch with them about the 3 x Bib Shorts (£14.99 each) I ordered but never came - said they were out of stock.

Also spoke about 1 x Medium Polo Shirt (£12.99) I ordered but never came - also out of stock. Just ordered it from their eBay page, £6.99, and got a Hoody for £14. When I spoke to them on the phone it goes through to the US. I'm guessing their UK eBay store is all UK stock, and possibly their website stock is not.
    http://www.snookcycling.wordpress.com - Reports on Cingles du Mont Ventoux, Alpe D'Huez, Galibier, Izoard, Tourmalet, Paris-Roubaix Sportive & Tour of Flanders Sportive, Amstel Gold Xperience, Vosges, C2C, WOTR routes....
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    I feel conflicted, just ordered the last set of bibshorts from ebay in my size. They were still a bargain at £20, and I think I might actually get them this time...... will at least allow me to slate them in the ebay feedback.
  • rhysyd
    rhysyd Posts: 141
    Isit me or are the jerseys quite a baggy fit?