Gillette razor rip off!

13»

Comments

• briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,509
    I'll admit it. I use the electric to get through the thick stuff and then wet shave. I hate shaving but don't need to in my line of bizness. I only do it to keep the missus happy.
    Nice of you to shave the missus.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084
    I'll admit it. I use the electric to get through the thick stuff and then wet shave. I hate shaving but don't need to in my line of bizness. I only do it to keep the missus happy.

It has it's moments.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 19,509

It has it's moments.
    I hope I haven't spoken out of turn. I'd hate for there to be friction between the two of you.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,954
    I hope I haven't spoken out of turn. I'd hate for there to be friction between the two of you.
    Wool fat.
    Allegedly.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    My missus bought me one of these:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Razorsharp-Razor-Blade-Sharpener-Cleaner/dp/B005BQ7Y98/ref=sr_1_1?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1421010068&sr=1-1&keywords=razor+block
    Previously, I'd be lucky if I could get a week's worth out of a Gillette blade, now they last 4 weeks
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Previously, I'd be lucky if I could get a week's worth out of a Gillette blade, now they last 4 weeks
    sharpener.jpg
    Energy Pyramid

"Pyramid energy is known for many different effects that can produce. Learn how to use energy pyramid to sharpen razors, preserve food, purify water etc...

First you need to construct your own energy pyramid. Use instructions of how to make pyramid. Once you build your energy pyramid you can start experimenting.

Energy Pyramid Use: Sharpen Razor Blades. Dull razor can be sharpened by the use of the energy pyramid. The razor blade need to be placed under the energy pyramid oriented east-west. The pyramid needs to be oriented north-west. With right orientation the pyramid experiment gives the best results. Used razor can be sharpened under the energy pyramid and used over and over again."

http://pyramidka.yolasite.com/pyramid-history.php
  • I walked past a branch of Lush on Saturday and it reminded me I once got their shaving cream as a present.

https://www.lush.co.uk/products/shaving/ambrosia

One of the ingredients was Linseed which always puts a nice sheen to a block of wood.
  • pinno
    I walked past a branch of Lush on Saturday and it reminded me I once got their shaving cream as a present.

One of the ingredients was Linseed which always puts a nice sheen to a block of wood.

It may be many things but my chin is not a block of wood.
  • pblakeney
    I walked past a branch of Lush on Saturday and it reminded me I once got their shaving cream as a present.

But dammit, I have just pictured your chin next to wood.
    I must browse elsewhere to cleanse my mind now.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    I have one of them Razorpit things, a Wilkinson's Sword titanium blade lasts me about 4 months, shaving 4-5 times a week. Only cost me a tenner and it's saved me a fortune.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Can you carry a DE razor (with blade) onto a plane in hand luggage?
    Quick Google says not, hardly surprising.
  • pinno
    PBlakeney wrote:

But dammit, I have just pictured your chin next to wood.
    I must browse elsewhere to cleanse my mind now.

I'm sure that there is something Freudian in there Blakey, perhaps deep down, you yearn for that op they do in Bangkok?
  • pblakeney
    I'm sure that there is something Freudian in there Blakey, perhaps deep down, you yearn for that op they do in Bangkok?
    Not really. I was just playing with words. The moment has gone now.
    As has the image, thankfully. :wink:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • pinno
    At least the threads gone off topic in the last two threads, thank christ. That's a relief.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    A couple of years ago I'd run out of razor blades so picked up some Gillette blades at Boots. It was only when I got home I remembered I use a Wilkinson Sword razor - and I had done for about ten years. This could be seen as demonstrating just how ubiquitous Gillette are - 'think razors, think Gillette'.

Or this could be seen as demonstrating just how much of a f*cking dunce I can be.
  • RDW
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    A couple of years ago I'd run out of razor blades so picked up some Gillette blades at Boots. It was only when I got home I remembered I use a Wilkinson Sword razor - and I had done for about ten years

Is this like Shimano and Campagnolo? I use a Philips electric, so I'm deeply ignorant about blade compatibility. I'm also a bit disappointed that Wilkinson Sword no longer actually makes swords:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/4263618.stm
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    RDW wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    A couple of years ago I'd run out of razor blades so picked up some Gillette blades at Boots. It was only when I got home I remembered I use a Wilkinson Sword razor - and I had done for about ten years

Is this like Shimano and Campagnolo? I use a Philips electric, so I'm deeply ignorant about blade compatibility. I'm also a bit disappointed that Wilkinson Sword no longer actually makes swords:

Electric is the equivalent of a folding commuter bike.
  • RDW
    Ballysmate wrote:
    RDW wrote:
    CHRISNOIR wrote:

Electric is the equivalent of a folding commuter bike.

Yes, but a slick electric folding commuter bike like the Go G2R.

article-0-1D4FCCB400000578-108_634x441.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,135

I walked into Lush the other day at the wife's request to buy shampoo. I got a tenner out to pay, fully expecting a couple of quid change as I assumed it would be a bit expensive. I assumed there was a mistake when I was told the 500ml bottle was £17.95! :shock:
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 4,023
    Pross wrote:

I walked into Lush the other day at the wife's request to buy shampoo. I got a tenner out to pay, fully expecting a couple of quid change as I assumed it would be a bit expensive. I assumed there was a mistake when I was told the 500ml bottle was £17.95! :shock:

I'd expect a cure for baldness at that price, not just shampoo.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    " You call that a razor? This is a razor".

article-0-0A7FC373000005DC-47_468x393.jpg

On a serious note I bought a packet of Gillette March3 super douper blades a few days ago and I've put them down somewhere and cant find them. Cost me a bloody fortune and I've not even opened the packet yet.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    I shave once a week on a Saturday, cant be asked to shave more often unless I have a meeting or something.
    My mach 3 blades last a long time then.
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • pinno
    markyone wrote:
    I shave once a week on a Saturday, cant be asked to shave more often unless I have a meeting or something.

Saturday? You tart. I shave on a Tuesday so I am rough at the weekend.
  • I shave around 2-3 times a week using a 5-blade gillette jobbie. I can shave in the shower without a mirror and not worry about cuts so it's great. Blades last about a month.

Worth the money for the convenience in the morning.
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    markyone wrote:

1 more day to go and I am having that shave, its starting to itch now :lol:
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • pinno
    markyone wrote:
    markyone wrote:

1 more day to go and I am having that shave, its starting to itch now :lol:

Hang on tight, you'll get past that itchy bit, except hey don't half trap the springy one's - just try it on your OH.