BR London/Surrey ride

Comments

• drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    A bit late to the party but sadly not, I'm in Guildford which is the opposite side to your start line and have got the kids to look after too! Critten Lane has bene resurfaced so enjoy the smooth tarmac up that hill. If you wippets want more of a hill, could carry on to Green Dene and do Crocknorth and meet up with the slower ones at the cross roads on Ranmore.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    If the weather is dry then I'm in. 9.30 earliest.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    The one Saturday I have plans...
    ;(
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Alright.

Weekend of Liege?
  • dish_dash
    yes, though only have a morning pass!
  • rick_chasey
    Better ride fast then.
  • dish_dash
    indeed ;)
  • rick_chasey
    So anyone else for Saturday before Liege?

Or is it going to be a Rick Dish 2 man breakaway?
  • frenchfighter
    I am free that day, so a 50 mile or so ride starting at 9.30 assuming dry weather, is fine with me.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Yeah I might be up for that. It's the 25th isn't it?
  • rick_chasey
    Ok, forecast is terrible.

ogh2bo.jpg
  • frenchfighter
    Doesn't look great for now, we'll see what happens. This Saturday was decent, went out for a good 50 miles to take in Chalkpit lane.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    I'm busy Saturday and weather sounds bad, Sunday? Haven't bothered checking forecast though
  • dish_dash
    Shame about Saturday weather...

FWIW can't do Sunday and in Yorkshire next weekend. Can do Saturday, 9th May. And then tied up until early July.
  • rick_chasey
    I'm getting the impression we're low down on the priority list dish.

You should say to all your other engagements "guys, I can probably come, but there's a chance I'll have to bail on you for the chance to ride with a bunch of nerds who write on internet forums under anonymous names.......yes yes, that's right, internet forum people."

1765952198_66d53f7d71_b.jpg
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,162
    Ok, forecast is terrible.

ogh2bo.jpg

You call 17 degrees with sunshine, light showers and a lightish breeze terrible? You wouldn't get out on your bike much in most parts of the country if you stayed in on days like that!
  • rick_chasey
    I go out in that weather, but it's not all that sociable when it's raining.

Can always follow me on strava and check out my mileage ;) (which, granted, this year is terrible).
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I go out in that weather, but it's not all that sociable when it's raining.

Can always follow me on strava and check out my mileage ;) (which, granted, this year is terrible).
    What's your strava Rick? Should we have a Pro Race Forum Strava group?
  • rick_chasey
    Same name, same display pic.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    I'm doing the full LBL this weekend, maybe next weekend as a recovery ride? Or are you still doing it regardless?
  • dish_dash
    I can show up in my gabba but sans mudguards as that bike currently is unavailable... though constant rain is not exactly conversation inducing.

Friday's weather forecast has improved so still a chance that Sat won't be as bad as it currently looks...
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Looks like the weather will be fine this weekend.
  • dish_dash
    yip... shall we put it back on? Though Frenchie any chance of getting there before 9.30?
  • frenchfighter
    Yeah thought about it this morning. Weather much better but still forecast light rain.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    Only rain later in the day... morning looks grand
  • frenchfighter
    Ha yeah...I don't ride if there is a lick of rain out. I don't own any wet weather gear either.

I can agree to come now but I mean if it is wet outside I wont..and dont want to let anyone down like that.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dish_dash
    fair enough... let's see how others feel... I'm equally happy to have a lie in esp as last night was a late one the same likely tonight...