pottssteve wrote:
    The owners...

Ah, but who polices the owners....?
    Libel Laws !
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    when are we looking at for this ?

I'm a very slow rider, 13-14 mph average at the moment but wouldn't mind a social ride as I keep missing the London drink ups
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    sherer wrote:

I'm a very slow rider, 13-14 mph average at the moment but wouldn't mind a social ride as I keep missing the London drink ups

I'll be honest, I was looking for a bit faster than that - but I would expect the slower riders to sit in the wheels and we will all wait at the top of the hills.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    I would be up for this, not much of a climber but I would give you a go in the sprint Rick ;-)
  • rick_chasey
    Dish Dash, Dog, Phreak, Frenchie, LanceW, Paul 8V and possibly sherer.

Not a bad turn out so far.

Any other takers?

Will start putting dates in the diary, but I expect it to be a Saterday morning - ideally we'll decide on the Wed/Thurs before so we can make sure the weather isn't going to be Sean Kelly-esq.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    Yep, Saturday mornings good with me.
  • deejay
    deejay Posts: 3,138
    sherer wrote:

Never mind, as you can always catch up when they stop at Abinger Hammer for a pint. :wink:
    Organiser, National Championship 50 mile Time Trial 1972
  • Paul 8v
    What sort of speed will this be at roughly?
  • rick_chasey
    Club run pace.

If you want speed, take a look at my strava because I don't run a computer on my bike...

(probably something like a 25-30kph average).
  • Paul 8v
    Ah that's fine, the way you were talking I thought it was going to be a proper burn up (Not that I would mind but it's best to be prepared for these things :-) ) 30 km/h is quite comfortable in a bunch
  • rick_chasey
    No no, I'm rubbish on the flats, and if I have to set the pace, rubbish uphill too.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Ah that's fine, the way you were talking I thought it was going to be a proper burn up (Not that I would mind but it's best to be prepared for these things :-) ) 30 km/h is quite comfortable in a bunch

I read your post too quickly and thought you wrote "going to be a proper bum up"............must read slower in future.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v wrote:

I read your post too quickly and thought you wrote "going to be a proper bum up"............must read slower in future.
    That would be a very different ride!
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    Dish Dash, Dog, Phreak, Frenchie, LanceW, Paul 8V and possibly sherer.

Not a bad turn out so far.

Any other takers?

Will start putting dates in the diary, but I expect it to be a Saterday morning - ideally we'll decide on the Wed/Thurs before so we can make sure the weather isn't going to be Sean Kelly-esq.

Ahem.
    Ben6899 wrote:
    I'll keep an eye on the date and might join.

Dem roundabouts...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    i'd be up for something like this. need something slightly easier paced at the moment.
  • ManOfKent
    ManOfKent Posts: 392
    I might join too, depending on which weekend and the start time - it's a bit of a trek up from Kent.
  • phreak
    phreak Posts: 2,941
    Did this ride happen in the end?
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,643
    nope, not been the best weather for a social ride...
  • rick_chasey
    Will arrange something over easter weekend when I have some time and my diary is settled down.

Expect a Saturday morning in April, early meeting at Richmond park - c. 8:30am or 9:00am.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Can one of you who makes it confirm to the forum how good Rick is on the hills?
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    Milton50 wrote:

If he hasn't done sub 6 up box yet then we know the answer to that question in absoloute terms (it is one of his targets), but compared to the vast majority of people, he's good on hills assuming he's close to 6 mins already :)
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rick_chasey
    okgo wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

If he hasn't done sub 6 up box yet then we know the answer to that question in absoloute terms (it is one of his targets), but compared to the vast majority of people, he's good on hills assuming he's close to 6 mins already :)

My best so far is 7.02.

So fair to middling.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    okgo wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

My best so far is 7.02.

So fair to middling.

Fair enough.

I swear years ago you said something along the lines of you could "push" 400 watts and were 56kg.

I always assumed you meant that was for a 1-2 minute effort because if that was threshold power then you were better than any cyclist in history. On EPO.
  • rick_chasey
    Either I was lying, or it wasn't me.

Somewhere on commuter chat there are some stats from a spin session I did.

Wasn't near 400 watts.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    okgo wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

My best so far is 7.02.

So fair to middling.

I always stop at the ice cream van... on the way back down.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • okgo
    okgo Posts: 4,368
    okgo wrote:
    Milton50 wrote:

My best so far is 7.02.

So fair to middling.

Ah, lots to do ;)

Though to be fair its not a climb that suits the super light types.
    Blog on my first and now second season of proper riding/racing - www.firstseasonracing.com
  • rick_chasey
    Nope.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    I should be fine to do an end of April ride. Been able to get out a handful of times this year so will be more or less ok.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • rick_chasey
    Weather pending next Saturday? (Day before Amstel Gold)

Let's pencil that in and see on wed / thurs if weather is good.
  • rick_chasey
    Weather pending next Saturday? (Day before Amstel Gold)

Let's pencil that in and see on wed / thurs if weather is good.

Far out forecast looks OK. Sunny & max of 16 degrees.

Assuming I shake this cold by Friday, who's in?