WTB Cross Wolf

13»

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Are you absolutely sure the caliper is completely square, with the pads *exactly* parallel to the rotor? If this alignment were out, you'd get exactly the problem you describe (which can also affect hydraulic brakes).

I had a set of Spyres a while ago, and they definitely didn't have this problem.
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    TGOTB wrote:
    Are you absolutely sure the caliper is completely square, with the pads *exactly* parallel to the rotor? If this alignment were out, you'd get exactly the problem you describe (which can also affect hydraulic brakes).

I had a set of Spyres a while ago, and they definitely didn't have this problem.

I believe so, but will check again.
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • luv2ride
    Think I've now got my disc brakes sorted (although big test will be The Newbury CX Sportive on Sunday). Fitted new rotors and pads to eliminate contamination issues - to be bedded in tomorrow. In doing some research though I came across this which suggests all is not entirely rosy amongst Spyre users:
    http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f4 ... 38373.html
    It's still the case that the caliper seems to want to bend the rotor slightly on engagement despite a lot of adjusting, loosening of bolts, re-aligning, re-tightening, etc. Calliper body is only a few mm from the rotor also, but it seems a lot better than before...

EDIT: The WTB Crosswolf tyres are still inflated (tubeless) and good to go though! 8)
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • JoostG
    JoostG Posts: 189
    Last weekend I tested my tubeless CrossWolf in tricky circumstances: 7cm of snow in the German Eifel.

Grotefoto-ZEWHKU4V.jpg

Grotefoto-MLJAHCYE.jpg

Front, a little bit less than 2 bar, the back 2.5 bar: even in the snow, standing, 15-20% up all went fine.

I'm happy with this tyre.

Grotefoto-VSJT4ILH.jpg
  • luv2ride
    £15.99 on CRC now...tempted for another pair at that price.
  • Luv2ride wrote:
    £15.99 on CRC now...tempted for another pair at that price.

Can't find them... probably gone
    left the forum March 2023
  • Moonbiker
    Moonbiker Posts: 1,706
    I must of bought the last pair crc had, high on bikes has them still but twice the price. :|
  • Moonbiker wrote:
    I must have bought the last pair crc had, high on bikes has them still but twice the price. :|

I would buy them even at that price, but I am in no rush, so I'll wait for offers
    left the forum March 2023