• tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    jam1e wrote:
    Coach H wrote:
    The Tour, Stages 2 & 5

Yorkshire was great but Stage 2 was very, very good

Stage 5. Three bits
    - Lars Booms winning performance was a cobbles masterpiece
    - Nibali on the cobbles (although it is my personal opinion he is a doper even though I do not have any evidence for this)
    - G's comments to Porte before taking off with Tichie Richie on his wheel

What did G say?

"Get on my wheel, let's smash it and see what happens"

294-IMG_0341.jpg
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    RichN95 wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Greased, that's akin to not watching Lemond's TT on the champs Elysees or Hampsten on the Gavia, sort it out ;-)
    Has anyone watched Hampsten on the Gavia? There's barely a photo, let alone footage.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEDs2wh ... ata_player

It's Breukink on the Gavia anyway. Hampsten came only second in that stage. English-language bias speaking
  • FJS
    FJS Posts: 4,820
    Highlight of te year, without a doubt, the Tour in Yorkshire

In terms of racing, Tour stage on cobbles
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    Greased, that's akin to not watching Lemond's TT on the champs Elysees or Hampsten on the Gavia, sort it out ;-)

Ahh, it's now been sorted. Watched it the other day! I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Paul 8v wrote:

Ahh, it's now been sorted. Watched it the other day! I'm sure you'll all be delighted to know.
    'bout time greased! :-) Was it worth the wait?
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,450
    FJS wrote:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atEDs2wh ... ata_player

It's Breukink on the Gavia anyway. Hampsten came only second in that stage. English-language bias speaking

He crested the Gavia first, Breukink caught him on the descent, after Hampsten had stopped to get more clothes.

It's moot anyway, Hampsten won the GC based primarily on his exploits on that stage.
  • Paul 8v wrote:
    'bout time greased! :-) Was it worth the wait?

Yeah, good stage. Think I'll leave that on the Sky+ box for a bit.
  • andyp wrote:
    He crested the Gavia first, Breukink caught him on the descent, after Hampsten had stopped to get more clothes.

No, Van Der Velde did.
  • 1.Watching Yorkshire TdF on the telly. Mindblowing and a bit of a lump in the throat as to how cycling has been embraced in Britain over the last few years

2. Watching the Commy Road Race on Montrose Street. Despite the rain what a great atmosphere

3. Valverde's ice coolness in the Roma Maxima. Lesser riders would have panicked and lost that.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • 1.Watching Yorkshire TdF on the telly. Mindblowing and a bit of a lump in the throat as to how cycling has been embraced in Britain over the last few years

2. Watching the Commy Road Race on Montrose Street. Despite the rain what a great atmosphere

3. Valverde's ice coolness in the Roma Maxima. Lesser riders would have panicked and lost that.

No2, you must have seen some pain faces up there!!
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    1.Watching Yorkshire TdF on the telly. Mindblowing and a bit of a lump in the throat as to how cycling has been embraced in Britain over the last few years

No 2. I used to do that hill every day when I was at (Strathclyde) uni. Would wheel my bike out of the old Royal College building and do a standing start from half way up Montrose St in my bottom gear - 46 x 23. (And then over Cathedral St, up the next and steeper part of Montrose St over to Parlimentary Rd - now no longer there). The Commy race reminded me of the pain; the speed seemed a bit different though!

No2, you must have seen some pain faces up there!!

I thought you did alright Ozzy!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition