Vuelta 2014 Stage 15 *Spoilers*

hammerite
hammerite Posts: 3,408
edited September 2014 in Pro race
Surprised not to see a thread started yet.

51km raced and a 5 man bunch has only recently managed to get away. Although they have built up a lead of 1m 35 pretty quickly.

The 5 are John DEGENKOLB (115), Przemyslaw NIEMIEC (6), Francisco Javier ARAMENDIA (52), Cameron MEYER (187) and Kristof VANDEWALLE (218)

Comments

• is it on live anywhere?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    shakey88 wrote:
    is it on live anywhere?
    Not on legit British TV. Eurosport seem to think they'll get better ratings showing the same race that's on ITV. Idiots.

Cyclingfans and Steephill will save us.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    shakey88 wrote:
    is it on live anywhere?

There's 3 hours of the Tour of Britain on ITV (Just started). :D
  • hammerite
    RichN95 wrote:
    shakey88 wrote:
    is it on live anywhere?
    Not on legit British TV. Eurosport seem to think they'll get better ratings showing the same race that's on ITV. Idiots.

Cyclingfans and Steephill will save us.

Can't believe this really. The ToB stage today is unlikely to be thrilling. This Vuelta stage more than likely will especially after yesterday's stage.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited September 2014
    Another sprint stage.

15_perfil.png

15_puerto.png
  • Damn you and your quick fingers ThomThom.

I wanted the profile posting credit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • hammerite
    The average over the first hour was 44.5km/h. Only half and hour later and the average has dropped right down to 38km/h, so the lead of the bunch is now out to 8m 25.
  • hammerite
    ThomThom wrote:
    Another sprint stage.

15_perfil.png

15_puerto.png

If it stays together for the GC contenders it'll be interesting to see how many seconds might be lost just in that final little 17.5% ramp at the very end.
  • Crazy decision by Eurosport.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    If it stays together for the GC contenders how many wills to live will be lost before that final little ramp?
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • This climb is a beast. Broke the field up nicely in 2010 and 2012 although little between very top favourites. The breakaway succeeded on both days. The bit where it flattens out is lovely as it goes past a mountain lake.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    jamie1012 wrote:
    Crazy decision by Eurosport.

Where's Wiggo?
  • Macaloon
    This climb is a beast. Broke the field up nicely in 2010 and 2012 although little between very top favourites. The breakaway succeeded on both days. The bit where it flattens out is lovely as it goes past a mountain lake.

Hope you gave your man a pep talk last night. He wasn't looking too clever after that trouncing by the 'untrustworthy' Froome.
  • I can't find any links that work, I love wiggo but need my vuelta fix going round in circles in Liverpool just won't cut it today.
  • Macaloon
    I can't find any links that work, I love wiggo but need my vuelta fix going round in circles in Liverpool just won't cut it today.

Here ya go http://cricfree.sx/update/snone.php
  • Soooo many adverts
  • Macaloon
    42.8km, break with 10mins. Starting penultimate cat 2 7km 8% climb. Raining.
  • RichN95.
    Soooo many adverts
    I don't think you can really complain about adverts on an illegal feed. It's like complaining about the soundsystem in a car you've stolen.
  • Macaloon
    edited September 2014
    Enjoying the commentary. Unfeasibly deep voice, respectful of the event. Now sponsored 'continuous action':

"Alberto's dancing in association with anusol. Don't let Belindas spoil your ride"

And a reminder that Talansky is in this race. Oil-change for Dan Martin.* Garmin pit crew out in force.

7 mins lead. 2km from top.

*Bike-change for Martin. Still chasing on, 1:28 behind rampaging Movistar (natch) led peloton.
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Soooo many adverts
    I don't think you can really complain about adverts on an illegal feed. It's like complaining about the soundsystem in a car you've stolen.

Just clicked the link above

Left side is a reasonable looking girl with the message "Try this site before w*nking"
    Right side is an ad for Dettol

:lol: :oops: :?

EDIT

The left side now has the message

"No Cost. No register. No Bollocks"

All advertising should be so straightforward
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Macaloon wrote:
    This climb is a beast. Broke the field up nicely in 2010 and 2012 although little between very top favourites. The breakaway succeeded on both days. The bit where it flattens out is lovely as it goes past a mountain lake.

Hope you gave your man a pep talk last night. He wasn't looking too clever after that trouncing by the 'untrustworthy' Froome.

A few seconds is nothing and he beat everyone else apart from Pocket Rocket. Froome did great.

Photos from yesterday were great. Check out that link I sent you a while back - he has covered the last handful of days and I am beside myself with his artistry.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Is J Rod on Team My Man?

On other notes American commentators are brilliant, aren't they?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Samu gapping people downhill while eating
    eating parmos since 1981

Canyon Ultimate CF SLX Aero 09
    Cervelo P5 EPS
    www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40044&t=13038799
  • RichN95.
    Nibali would attack on this decent just to wind people up.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856

Yeh, I remember seeing it last year and thinking it would be a beautiful climb to cycle up and have a wonder around. And there was some cows up there.

Don't think it will look quite as good if it's lashing it down with rain though.
  • Oooh, one of the Movi's fancied a stroll in the woods...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    edited September 2014
    if you've got Chrome install the Hola extension, set it to Australia and you can watch the Aussie feed: http://www.sbs.com.au/cyclingcentral/
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Castroviejo just rode off into the woods
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    4:20s with 14k to go. 1.5k to the climb
  • hammerite
    A pointless comparison, but the ToB is at 17km to go, with the Vuelta at 13k to go. At some point they will have the same distance to finish. Be interesting to see how long it takes each to get to their respective finishes from that point.