List of things having "no place" in Grand Tours

Comments

• The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    deejay wrote:
    meagain wrote:
    Carlton Kirby.

BAN - Motor Homes and their Idiots from cluttering the roads.

But then where would go when one needed a shit?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    Team Time Trials

Power Meters

Winning without the "requisite" amount of panache

Arrogant/Disrespectful celebrations aka the wheelie
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Martinelli described Lutsenko as being able to do everything, the 'new Vino'.

That shouldn't be allowed.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    mr_poll wrote:

Disrespectful? He's doing it to entertain the people who has been standing by the roads for hours?
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ThomThom wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:

Disrespectful? He's doing it to entertain the people who has been standing by the roads for hours?

Sagan dissing OCDuPalais.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    ThomThom wrote:
    mr_poll wrote:

Not my view but from the OP and the title being in "" - I presumed this thread was a little tongue in cheek review of all the rants we have heard this year.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    Peter Sagan.
  • These damn kids and their rock and roll.

I dunno you can't tell the boys from the girls these days.

I still think paving the climbs, allowing team support and derailleurs took away the romance. It's just not the same now.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Joelsim wrote:
    Dippydog2 wrote:
    meagain wrote:
    Carlton Kirby.

I was going to say that! He's an embarrassment to the language he apparently speaks.
    Couldn't disagree more. I like his commentary and his sense of humour.

Today he did a great job basically of commentating on two races simultaneously.

A viewer corrected him on his pronounciation of the South Africsn riders surname and he then spent the rest of the broadcast trying erg hard to pronounce it properly.

Chapeau as they would say. I look forward to listening to him again tomorrow.

+1, I would much rather listen to Carlton than any of the others or ITV4.

You both need your head examining.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,740
    Pross wrote:
    Fabian Cancellara

Man with the most yellow jersies having never won a Tour?

Leif Hoste or Tom Boonen more like it ;)
  • richa
    richa Posts: 1,631
    Running Fans. Antlers. Mankinis.
    Rich
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Amputee boars.
  • morstar wrote:
    Amputee boars.

OI! Nowt wrong with amputee boars.

I'm surprised nobody has added Cofidis to the list yet. Probably because they actually won a stage of a GT the other day. :shock:
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • The_Boy
    morstar wrote:
    Amputee boars.

OI! Nowt wrong with amputee boars.

I'm surprised nobody has added Cofidis to the list yet. Probably because they actually won a stage of a GT the other day. :shock:

I was genuinely going to, but they have signed Bouhanni + train for next two seasons so they get a year's grace from me.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • morstar wrote:
    Amputee boars.

How dare you! These are the best bits :D

Anyway this is a hilarious thread, my pick...

Roundabouts.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • mm1
    mm1 Posts: 1,063

Roundabouts.

"Traffic circles"
  • Oooh, oooh, I've got one!

Four hour long ticket-only musical-extravaganza team presentations.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,158
    Nine man teams
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • The_Boy
    Team Time Ttrials.
  • The_Boy
    Boring sprint stages.
  • The_Boy
    Boring transition stages.
  • The_Boy
    Mountain stages where the GC riders wait until the final climb to make a move.*

* Vuelta excepted for obvious reasons.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Boring transition stages with less than a 50/50 chance of crosswinds.

Team Time Trials as an actual stage rather than a prologue.
  • Macaloon
    Italian summits in May.
  • morstar
    morstar Posts: 6,190
    Dog leads.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    I'm going to be a bit cheeky and hijack this thread to ask a related question: does the Vuelta have a place as a Grand Tour?

For me the ideal would be to swap the Vuelta and the Giro on the calendar and reduce the Vuelta to a two week race. Then move everything after what would have been the Giro forward a week.

You'd then have the maximum number of top GC riders starting the Tour and Giro, and the Giro would be able to have the summit finishes it wants without fear of snow. Also the Giro being in the summer months would draw bigger crowds than the Vuelta.
  • Milton50 wrote:
    I'm going to be a bit cheeky and hijack this thread to ask a related question: does the Vuelta have a place as a Grand Tour?

For me the ideal would be to swap the Vuelta and the Giro on the calendar and reduce the Vuelta to a two week race. Then move everything after what would have been the Giro forward a week.

You'd then have the maximum number of top GC riders starting the Tour and Giro, and the Giro would be able to have the summit finishes it wants without fear of snow. Also the Giro being in the summer months would draw bigger crowds than the Vuelta.

So in keeping with the thread title, your post should be "Spain". :wink:
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Freewheeling sprinters who steal stages on the line from the likes of Tony Martin and Jack Bauer.
  • Macaloon
    CyclingNews forums.
  • Macaloon wrote:
    Italian summits in May.
    Cameramen who don't wipe their lenses often enough on Italian summits in May.