Vuelta Stage 9 ***SPOILERS***

1235»

Comments

• dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    Dsoutar, that's not very funny and poor taste.

You need to lighten up a bit. He hurt his leg a bit; it wasn't exactly a life threatening injury

If you want poor taste, I think you know the best place these days for that. Clue, it begins with Oleg
  • Nothing to do with lightenening up. It was poor taste and you should know why. Trying to deflect it with references to Oleg wont work.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    Nothing to do with lightenening up. It was poor taste and you should know why. Trying to deflect it with references to Oleg wont work.

As I'm sure you are aware, taste is subjective. Well I didn't consider it in poor taste so we will have to differ on that.

Some time ago you posted a picture in the Greatest Ever Photo thread of the moment that Darrigade collides with an official who died of his injuries. I considered that in bad taste but you obviously didn't otherwise I'm sure you wouldnt have posted it
  • Maybe you are oblivious to religious sensitivity. I shall just remember that next time. I am not discussing this any further with you.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Bakunin
    Bakunin Posts: 868
    iainf72 wrote:
    I've decided today that for some reason I don't like Quintana. He's a great bike rider but I'm not a fan.

Why no love for Quintana?
  • Quintana can ride, but he looks like a 55 y/o woman which is reason enough to dislike him.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Watching Quintana can be unnerving, like a dog disturbed by a robotic vacuum cleaner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvy9XLCV6vI. There are no moving parts.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • BwYmnxgCYAA2-OL_zpsef05854f.jpg

SPTDW519_zps1ffb9416.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    Froome attempting to put a brave face on things

Froome said: “It was a test stage out there, especially with the conditions there were today but the guys did a fantastic job. My main thing is to try and stay in contention at the moment with eyes on the time trial.

“The time I’ve lost today is not a disaster. It would have been better to be able to follow those guys. They had the legs on me in the final, a couple of kilometres there. For now, it’s just about getting through with the least loss possible. I’m looking forward to the time trial now.”

Hmm - I'm not convinced and I doubt the others are too
  • dsoutar wrote:
    Froome attempting to put a brave face on things

Froome said: “It was a test stage out there, especially with the conditions there were today but the guys did a fantastic job. My main thing is to try and stay in contention at the moment with eyes on the time trial.

“The time I’ve lost today is not a disaster. It would have been better to be able to follow those guys. They had the legs on me in the final, a couple of kilometres there. For now, it’s just about getting through with the least loss possible. I’m looking forward to the time trial now.”

Hmm - I'm not convinced and I doubt the others are too

I get the impression that Froome is hoping to ride himself into form for the final week rather than be all guns blazing in the first week. I also think that this is likely the case with Quintana whilst I get the feeling that Valverde and Contador only have what they have and are hoping for the best whilst leaving all they have on the road.

Sadly, I'm not really a fan of any of them so I'm just hoping for good racing rather than finding a winner amongst those 4.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • You looking at me punk?

SPTDW51999_zpse6ae3d62.jpg?t=1409553601
    -Breakthrough media
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ^ Let's go to work.
    nairo-giro-winner1.jpg
    ^Playtime. Smiles are precious.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    type:epyt wrote:
    Quintana can ride, but he looks like a 55 y/o woman which is reason enough to dislike him.

ageist and sexist in one go..............(some of us live with the person you're describing!)
  • josame
    josame Posts: 1,143
    inseine wrote:
    type:epyt wrote:
    Quintana can ride, but he looks like a 55 y/o woman which is reason enough to dislike him.

ageist and sexist in one go..............(some of us live with the person you're describing!)

You live with Quintana.. great can I have an autograph :wink:
    'Do not compare your bike to others, for always there will be greater and lesser bikes'
  • dsoutar
    I guess this should be in the TT spoiler but it's not been set up and I can't be arsed

Alberto Contador is on the comeback. Having fallen heavily in the Tour de France, the end of the season looked over for the leader of Saxo Tinkoff. But El Pistolero has not lost hope. He found the motivation to tackle the Vuelta and he was able to follow the best in the first week: "I can say now that I'm going to try to win the Vuelta," said the Spaniard during the rest day in Zaragoza. "The mountain stage at Valdelinares did not reveal much but enough for me to believe that my fitness is getting better and he'll have to take advantage of opportunities that arise."

On Tuesday, the riders will resume the competition with an individual against the clock along 37 km.. "The next TT will also be revealing as I'll be able to gauge and see which are the most serious opponents. I have the impression I'm getting better every day. "
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Someone PM dsoutar, it looks like FF's hacked his account!
  • dsoutar
    bompington wrote:
    Someone PM dsoutar, it looks like FF's hacked his account!

:lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,478
    The race wouldn't be as half as interesting as it is without AC. He lit it up today and I don't think Quintana will be in red after the TT on Tuesday TWH.

What did I tell you?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • The race wouldn't be as half as interesting as it is without AC. He lit it up today and I don't think Quintana will be in red after the TT on Tuesday TWH.

What did I tell you?

No one likes a sm@rtarse
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,478
    Quintana is now 3.25 down on AC. That's quite a gap to make up and just wonder how he will be mentally for the rest of the tour. Pity 'cos it may have come down to some straight up fights between NQ and AC on the MTF's.

He'll have to pick himself up quick for tomorrow for the Alto de San Miguel (finish not that I have the foggiest about that climb or what it may cause).

...hang on...I am sure there is a stage 10 ****** spoiler******* thread in here somewhere...let me see...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!