• napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Bhima spends most of his time racing now :(

D535BFF0-39A3-4347-93F8-74D41FFE5E20_zpskbdfwprk.jpg
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    That big pole sticking out of his bottom wont help then...
  • napoleond
    It does, that connects to the overhead electric cables like a dodgem and powers his srm.
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Generally because this place is not what it once was! OMAHB is still very much alive but spends most of his time either working or tending a million and one Bonsai trees!
    Nothing to do with the 'BMW' thread in the Crudcatcher then? :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    That pic might cause WW3 napD, bhima isn't wearing a helmet, that's cycling heresy that is.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Generally because this place is not what it once was! OMAHB is still very much alive but spends most of his time either working or tending a million and one Bonsai trees!

I got to hand it to you you really know how to impress the women Stevo. :wink:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Got a link if it's worth a read?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10007&t=12972158

Worth a read - just as well I'm not out to impress DD :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I got to hand it to you you really know how to impress the women Stevo. :wink:
    But I wish I could 'impress' a bike like you Pinno :wink:
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Oh please save me the blushes (not). The camera is there for a reason, generally so "I know what happened" Nice when/if your other half gets squished.

Love n Hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • ballysmate
    DIESELDOG wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    DIESELDOG wrote:

Oh please save me the blushes (not). The camera is there for a reason, generally so "I know what happened" Nice when/if your other half gets squished.

Love n Hugs

DD

What difference does it make. It can't unsquish him. Nice? I can't see why anyone would want a video for posterity. Ah well, whatever floats your boat.
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter Posts: 2,437
    Please cut the rubbish language posts out on here, if it can't be read by everyone then don't post.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,750
    Restrict the rubbish to content only please.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • ballysmate
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Restrict the rubbish to content only please.

Goes without saying. :lol:
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Velonutter wrote:
    Please cut the rubbish language posts out on here, if it can't be read by everyone then don't post.
    It's morse code, not enigma machine encryption. It could be read by anybody with the intelligence to google 'morse code generator'. Did anybody complain that they had been excluded or have you taken offence on behalf of somebody else?

I did check the BR rules, but 'catering to the lowest common denominator' wasn't on there.
  • Velonutter
    GiantMike wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    It's morse code, not enigma machine encryption. It could be read by anybody with the intelligence to google 'morse code generator'. Did anybody complain that they had been excluded or have you taken offence on behalf of somebody else?

I did check the BR rules, but 'catering to the lowest common denominator' wasn't on there.

I don't really care whether it was Morse code or any other form of encryption, many of the members don't read it and nether do I, so please don't start publishing it in your replies.
  • pblakeney
    :lol:
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • napoleond
    What if two french people started talking french on here?
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    NapoleonD wrote:
    As long as they didn't do it in french morse.
    Velonutter wrote:
    I don't really care whether it was Morse code or any other form of encryption, many of the members don't read it and nether do I, so please don't start publishing it in your replies.
    Should we also dumb-down our posts in case some members can't understand them? We sometimes discuss politics, economics and sociology. I'd hate to think that Dave from Dagenham was struggling to keep up.

Isn't the whole point of a forum that it reflects the range of interests and intelligence of society? BB is the place on BR where members can do things a bit differently, be close to the edge of acceptability, but within the published rules. Posts work if members respond to them. If they work, what's the problem? If they don't, they die, so what's the problem? As long as they're within the published rules, what's the problem?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    NapoleonD wrote:

Pas mal comme idee.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did the wrong video get posted there? Other than a few seconds where a blind-sided driver pulls out into the road (relatively safely), I can't see much going on...
  • ballysmate
    Imposter wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did the wrong video get posted there? Other than a few seconds where a blind-sided driver pulls out into the road (relatively safely), I can't see much going on...

I think that was the general opinion of everyone, much to the chagrin of DD.

Is 'chagrin' allowed as it is derived from the French? :?
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    GiantMike wrote:

Just in case the lowest common denominator is feeling left out.
  • pblakeney
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I think that was the general opinion of everyone, much to the chagrin of DD.

Is 'chagrin' allowed as it is derived from the French? :?
    There was a thread on Cakestop which was locked.
    There was a thread on Crudcatchers which was locked.

There is no need for it to continue.
    Pouvons-nous pas d'accord?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Velonutter
    GiantMike wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    Should we also dumb-down our posts in case some members can't understand them? We sometimes discuss politics, economics and sociology. I'd hate to think that Dave from Dagenham was struggling to keep up.

Isn't the whole point of a forum that it reflects the range of interests and intelligence of society? BB is the place on BR where members can do things a bit differently, be close to the edge of acceptability, but within the published rules. Posts work if members respond to them. If they work, what's the problem? If they don't, they die, so what's the problem? As long as they're within the published rules, what's the problem?

The problem is that you typically sabotaged another thread instead of starting a thread to chat with Morse Code, which I note you have now done, of which there isn't a problem.

It's the same with Text talk, absolutely hate it as do many others.

Yep if you want to talk in Morse Code fine, but don't go doing it randomly in the middle of other threads, same as if you talk any other language, this is an English Speaking Forum.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Velonutter wrote:
    GiantMike wrote:
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:

The problem is that you typically sabotaged another thread instead of starting a thread to chat with Morse Code, which I note you have now done, of which there isn't a problem.

It's the same with Text talk, absolutely hate it as do many others.

Yep if you want to talk in Morse Code fine, but don't go doing it randomly in the middle of other threads, same as if you talk any other language, this is an English Speaking Forum.

If you don't mind me asking Velonutter what's your opinion of the slang and more colourful language that gets used a lot on here? I'm guessing that you see it as a dilution of our rich language but as this is an 'English Speaking Forum' that is open to all I see it as being a part of the 'culture' of this place (as long as its within the rules of course) so it's ok.
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • pblakeney
    The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur.

Maybe it is just as well that we only speak English.
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • PBlakeney wrote:
    Maybe it is just as well that we only speak English.

I'm sure Bikenutter agrees with that sentiment. :wink:
  • Velonutter
    arran77 wrote:
    If you don't mind me asking Velonutter what's your opinion of the slang and more colourful language that gets used a lot on here? I'm guessing that you see it as a dilution of our rich language but as this is an 'English Speaking Forum' that is open to all I see it as being a part of the 'culture' of this place (as long as its within the rules of course) so it's ok.

It's not my opinion that counts Arran, we have a broad guideline for the forum and we try to make sure it goes down that route.