Classic Gear

Comments

• type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    inseine wrote:
    On the subject of regret, I let this go for £400 ...

Worth a bit of dirt on the bar tape for £400 surely? :wink:
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    inseine wrote:
    On the subject of regret, I let this go for £400.....

1zb0w0.jpg

yes, I know Campag Deltas........

:cry:
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • FocusZing
    FocusZing Posts: 4,373
    XCR_523c241d04b40.jpg
  • Art Vandelay
    Art Vandelay Posts: 1,982
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    inseine wrote:

1zb0w0.jpg

:cry:
    If the topic was 'things you sold that you shouldn't have' you'd be hard to beat that.
  • i got a pair of deltas on a frame I bought off a guy outside a bike shop - it was a small vitus 979 resprayed red (over purple) had a decent chainset on and campag down tube shifters and ma40's on chorus - £40 :)

still got it all - I think the deltas are croce d aune - also got a cda rear mech and hubs that I someone gave me when i bought some touring wheels off them
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    inseine wrote:

1zb0w0.jpg

Ouch, I bet that memory hurts.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    inseine wrote:

1zb0w0.jpg

Ouch, I bet that memory hurts.

I wish I hadn't posted it now....I feel depressed :(
    Amazing how bikes from this era have gone from being old hat to collectable over a very short time.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Yep - I have a 1978 Motobecane, hadn't been ridden since the mid 90's. I refurbished it a couple of months ago (full respray, new decals, all components cleaned up etc) and I can't take it out on the road without someone asking me if they can buy it
  • CinelliLaserKeithHaring001-225x155.jpg
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Biffcp wrote:
    shazzz wrote:
    Lots of horrible memories coming back to me.... :shock:

1987-Kirk-Precision-Magnesium.jpg

That monstrosity has no redeeming qualities whatsover.

Well, unique IS redeeming. I think.
  • shazzz wrote:

The Kirk !!! Wow! there were a few of them ridden in my club in the early-mid 90's. Good memories, funny looking bike.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Really enjoying this thread. That Colnago is a beaut. Watch talk is interesting.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    edited August 2014
    hetchins-magnum-opus-de-luxe-1949_1.jpg
    Hetchins with curly stays

Thanet_full2.jpg
    Thanet Silver light with the triple triangle "invented" by GT many years later

finished-side.jpgBates BAR, note the Diadrant forks and if you look very carefully the main tubes are 531 Cantiflex, which means they bulge in the middle like a cigar instead of being butted
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,172
    A 1947 Legnano as ridden by Gino Bartali
    biciclettalegnano1.jpg

Let's have a closer look at that gear shifter
    biciclettalegnano2.jpg
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Paul 8v
    Paris Roubaix mech, what a faff about, this guy makes it look easy though. The rear wheel moves in the dropout to tension the chain.
    Câmbio Campagnolo Paris-Roubaix anos 40: http://youtu.be/Z6UYOlN4FTU
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,901
    RichN95 wrote:
    biciclettalegnano1.jpg

Flat tyre.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    RichN95 wrote:
    biciclettalegnano1.jpg

Flat tyre.

That's how he liked climbing the mountains best.
  • anyone want a project ? Currently £100 with 2 hours to go (this isn't mine!)

$_57.JPG
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alan-aliminum-vintage-frame-D74310-57x57-/181491570178?pt=UK_Bikes_GL&hash=item2a41bd9602
  • inseine
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Paris Roubaix mech, what a faff about, this guy makes it look easy though. The rear wheel moves in the dropout to tension the chain.

Nice video, I've never seen that system in operation before.
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    inseine wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:

Nice video, I've never seen that system in operation before.

+1
    Amazing how smooth it seems to be
  • Paul 8v
    That guy makes it look easy to be fair, I'd probably eject the rear wheel if I tried! Better than taking out the wheel and flipping it round to get your "uphill" gear though
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    The Trek Y-Foil
    Trek_Y_Foil_77_Road_Bile_67935d14d7af9e28d758_1.jpg
  • shazzz wrote:

Is this one of those Norsk Hydro frames that Dag-Otto Lauritzen rode in the 1993 Tour of Flanders and probably the rest of that season? I think Dag was still with TVM but maybe his wages were paid by N-H to promote their frame.

Does anyone have a photo of the yellow Corima carbon road frame from 1993? There was a photo of it in an issue of Cycling Weekly in February or March of that year. I'll have to dig it out.

DD.
  • inseine
    shazzz wrote:

Is this one of those Norsk Hydro frames that Dag-Otto Lauritzen rode in the 1993 Tour of Flanders and probably the rest of that season? I think Dag was still with TVM but maybe his wages were paid by N-H to promote their frame.

Does anyone have a photo of the yellow Corima carbon road frame from 1993? There was a photo of it in an issue of Cycling Weekly in February or March of that year. I'll have to dig it out.

DD.

It's a Kirk Precision frame created by Frank Kirk. I think Norsk Hydro were involved in the production later in it's life.
  • speed_054.jpg
  • shazzz
    shazzz Posts: 1,077
    edited August 2014
    inseine wrote:
    shazzz wrote:

DD.

It's a Kirk Precision frame created by Frank Kirk. I think Norsk Hydro were involved in the production later in it's life.

I've never heard of the Hydro connection before but it seems they were involved later in the Kirk's life. You can read about it at http://www.kirk-bicycles.co.uk/Kirk-History.htm

I remember a friend had the mountain bike version. It was hideous and weighed a tonne as far as I can remember. Innovation is good, but not always successful...
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,834
    inseine wrote:
    shazzz wrote:

DD.

A club mate of mine had one. He was renovating it a couple of years ago but I don't know if he finished it. They were magnesium frames. I think they had a team for a season or two (or at least a team rode on the bikes). As I recall they were horrendously heavy.
  • Paul 8v
    My dream bike when I was a kid, one of them went to auction and my Dad tried to buy it (not for me just as a collectors peice) but it went for (Quite rightly) crazy money
    108.jpg

The lesser known road going version, the 110 with mavic electronic transmission
    Lotus-110web.jpg
  • zzzzzzzzmpp.jpg