Tattoos

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Saw a guy in the Navy once who had a 3 inch diameter, 3 bladed boat propeller tattooed on each cheek of his *ss. Above it, in the small of his back, in about 2 inch letters, was written " Stand clear - Rotating machinery".

Saw a tattoo artist years ago who had a button down shirt tattooed on him. Complete with buttons, seams, stitching, breast pocket, cuffs, etc.
  • dennisn wrote:
    Saw a guy in the Navy once who had a 3 inch diameter, 3 bladed boat propeller tattooed on each cheek of his *ss. Above it, in the small of his back, in about 2 inch letters, was written " Stand clear - Rotating machinery".

Were you baring down on him with lust in your eyes?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:

Ya see a lot of things in the Navy. That was the tattoo that stood out most in my mind. In the Navy if you're an Engineman and work with ship engines and power plants the symbol on your stripes is a small 3 bladed propeller. This guy was an engineman.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Ya see a lot of things in the Navy. That was the tattoo that stood out most in my mind. In the Navy if you're an Engineman and work with ship engines and power plants the symbol on your stripes is a small 3 bladed propeller. This guy was an engineman.

you obviously like to be surrounded by seamen and thrusting pistons.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I was a Gunners mate. The symbol for that is two crossed cannons. I'm betting you might have a few things to say about that. :wink:
  • smoggysteve
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

I was a Gunners mate. The symbol for that is two crossed cannons. I'm betting you might have a few things to say about that. :wink:

Think that is pretty much self explanatory :-)
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    May i be the first to suggest a Japanese sleeve.Never go out of fashion and if done correctly look awesome.
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • dennisn
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Think that is pretty much self explanatory :-)

Good point.
  • phil s
    phil s Posts: 1,128
    This one. It's amazing :roll:

A13QXcBCcAEr2vy.jpg
    -- Dirk Hofman Motorhomes --
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    No it's not a cool quote. It's generic marketing/advertising psuedo poetry crap. It sounds just the same as any old advert you see on the telly with one of these moody narratives over some styled product shots.
  • dennisn
    mfin wrote:
    No it's not a cool quote. It's generic marketing/advertising psuedo poetry crap. It sounds just the same as any old advert you see on the telly with one of these moody narratives over some styled product shots.

+1

And who has the time or inclination to read stuff like that? Way too wordy for a tattoo.
    I've always thought that, as far as tattoo's went, the picture should tell it all. Ya know, quick glance and yeah, I know what that tat's about. :?
  • smoggysteve
    phil s wrote:

A13QXcBCcAEr2vy.jpg

I wonder, does he have "property of Rupert Murdoch" tattooed on his @rse?
  • declan1
    declan1 Posts: 2,470
    phil s wrote:

A13QXcBCcAEr2vy.jpg

They forgot the line.

Road - Dolan Preffisio
    MTB - On-One Inbred

I have no idea what's going on here.
  • smoggysteve
    How stupid are people who get this tattooed on their right leg?

Velorution-Ladys-legs-with-chainring-mark-thumb1.jpeg

All it says to me is
    1. I can't ride my bike properly
    2. I can't get out of the small ring

Dumbasses
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    MichaelW wrote:
    One like The Beibers should get you a lot of fans*.

article-0-2060D53500000578-639_634x1122.jpg

*Just don't don't have sex with them 'cos that would make you a paedo.... :shock:

Funny looking Frank Sinatra on his left leg.

That's Tom Jones not Frank Sinatra :roll: :P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    Don't bother getting anything cycling related - if the weird tan lines, flies in your teeth, helmet hair, imprints of the chainring on your right leg and occasional road rash don't make it obvious that you ride a bike, a tattoo won't add anything.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • Monkeypump
    Monkeypump Posts: 1,528
    Joeblack wrote:
    Looking at getting a leg sleeve from my ankle to my knee...

Not sure where you are located, but find a decent tattooist in your area (or somewhere you're willing to travel to) and go and speak to them. They can show you lots of work - most importantly their own - and the can advise what will work.

Take some inspiration from the 'web, or your own doodles, whatever will help. If at any stage you don't feel comfortable, find someone else. Most tattooists will happily take the time to discuss what you want - a half-leg is a serious undertaking. By working with someone you trust, you should get a piece you love.

You'll likely have to do it in stages, so you can consider a few individual images that then get put together later.

Whatever you do, take time designing it with an artist you trust. Oh, and bear in mind - it's going to be expensive!
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,120
    You could get some ink

Or really go for it and get yourself branded

Whatever, remember that it will be with you forever, and will it look good when you're 50?

If you come to regret your decision, your GP will be able to recommend a good plastic surgeon

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    I knew someone that had the below image and wording tattooed on their back when 17/18. Great at the time I'm sure. But when in 50s and beyond quite stupid..... Don't do it.

38512_Motoerhead-logo_2.jpg
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just for you Bally, proper tramp stamp :lol:

2hwjhmr.jpg
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    I'm hoping to get something done later this year - been hankering for a big design for a while now.
    SecretSam wrote:
    Whatever, remember that it will be with you forever, and will it look good when you're 50?

For me that's only twelve years away. Mid-life crisis you say? Well er, perhaps...
  • dennisn
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    I'm hoping to get something done later this year - been hankering for a big design for a while now.
    SecretSam wrote:

For me that's only twelve years away. Mid-life crisis you say? Well er, perhaps...

Some truth to what "SecretSam" says. My once proud eagle(on my left forearm, at age 20) seems to be starting to look somewhat like a plucked chicken these days(age 65).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    I've got my girlfriend name tattooed on my arm, what could possibly go wrong ......
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • dennisn
    seanoconn wrote:
    I've got my girlfriend name tattooed on my arm, what could possibly go wrong ......

There is a TV show about a couple of guys who fix tattoos that were mistakes to begin with.
    Hopefully NOT your case, but you did ask "...what could possibly go wrong...". :wink:

I once(during my Navy days) considered getting a rose with the word "mother" in it, on my upper arm. When I told her this she was, well, not happy :evil: . So it didn't happen.
  • CHRISNOIR
    CHRISNOIR Posts: 1,400
    dennisn wrote:
    Some truth to what "SecretSam" says. My once proud eagle(on my left forearm, at age 20) seems to be starting to look somewhat like a plucked chicken these days(age 65).

Could you not get it re-done? Or covered up with another design? 65 is no age, sir!
  • dennisn
    CHRISNOIR wrote:
    dennisn wrote:

Could you not get it re-done? Or covered up with another design? 65 is no age, sir!

Yes, I could, but I guess at 65 my interest in tattoos is strictly limited to seeing what other people have had done.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,081
    seanoconn wrote:

:lol:

just choose girlfriends with a common name
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,625
    matthew h wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

:lol:

just choose girlfriends with a common name
    Whoops, too late
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Saw a picture of a guy who had the Polo sport polo player and Ralph in a fresh green and Lauren in a faded blue.

Good save.
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    coriordan wrote:
    Saw a picture of a guy who had the Polo sport polo player and Ralph in a fresh green and Lauren in a faded blue.

Good save.

There will always be those who think the solution to a bad tattoo is to get a better one, and those who decide to man up and get the belt sander out. And who's to say which is right?
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er