Tattoos

Joeblack
Joeblack Posts: 829
edited September 2014 in The cake stop
Mods feel free to move

Looking at getting a leg sleeve from my ankle to my knee, has anyone seen any good examples
They would like to share??

Doesn't have to be cycling related but would be interesting to see some, perhaps on cyclists (pro's etc) you've seen.
One plays football, tennis or golf, one does not play at cycling

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    914066_525_350_w.jpg

or this (I'm not sure which is funnier)

singletrackworldjpg.jpg
  • Joeblack
    Both really poor examples!!

I was looking for something a bit more serious tbh
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    £100 quid to put my face.
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    Joeblack wrote:
    has anyone seen any good examples

Literally never.

Sounds like an oxymoron to me.
  • mfin
    BrandonA wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

Literally never.

Is that a moron covered in acne treatment? No need to be offensive.
  • One like The Beibers should get you a lot of fans*.

article-0-2060D53500000578-639_634x1122.jpg

*Just don't don't have sex with them 'cos that would make you a paedo.... :shock:
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    mfin wrote:
    914066_525_350_w.jpg

singletrackworldjpg.jpg

Oh dear, the second one in particular is a shocker.
  • mfin
    Look at the artwork on this classic then :):) (obviously it's shockingly bad, but even then there is a lot more talent gone into it than FF's comedy Contador sign from the TDF)

lancetattoo.jpg?b33780
  • Joeblack
    :lol:

OP: The best leg tattoo I've seen is Chavanel's (I don't normally go looking around at cool tattoos though)

172557711-tatoo-detail-on-the-leg-of-sylvain-chavanel-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QXK9Ic2pF0ReM3fmD0S8eRaNRPqkbpbNhlkvlMmSKVZdsTt%2Bp2ucWruMbFpnYpsiig%3D%3D

But I still just think they look a little bit guff. Then again I don't much like any tattoos so if you're intent on getting one then don't listen to me!

Yeah iv seen this one, I like it but won't be going for something similar,

Thanks all for the input, I won't be going for something cycling related after all, still lots of time to decide on something suitable.

Luke, I guess tattoos are a personal thing you either like or dislike which does beg the question why I asked on here but I suppose I just thought I'd see if anything out there inspires me that I haven't already seen.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    I'm sure Bally will be along to offer some advice soon, he loves tattoos, especially on women :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192

Thanks all for the input, I won't be going for something cycling related after all, still lots of time to decide on something suitable.

Luke, I guess tattoos are a personal thing you either like or dislike which does beg the question why I asked on here but I suppose I just thought I'd see if anything out there inspires me that I haven't already seen.[/quote]

Personally,when i was late teens early twenties i would have got inked up,but having eczema stopped me dead,eczema would start on the scar tissue where the tattoo would be done,now in my early forties i actually don't care for them anymore at all,think about what you're going to do,belive it or not having eczema was a blessing in disguise for me,i did have quite a few body piercings and all the way around my left ear,now only have one earring and one left in my body.
  • BrandonA
    BrandonA Posts: 553
    mfin wrote:
    BrandonA wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

Literally never.

I wasn't being offensive.

An oxymoron is:
    "A figure of speech in which incongruous or seemingly contradictory terms appear side by side; a compressed paradox".
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    mfin wrote:

singletrackworldjpg.jpg

You'd think he'd at least (aside from getting a tattoo artist who could actually draw) get the pivot in the correct orientation. If his legs were really like that I wouldn't want to pass him too closely! :lol:

I was sat at a coffee shop in Brighton yesterday. A girl in shorts walks past. She has a big tattoo on her thigh and one on each kneecap. It looked like she had a skin disease on her thigh and that she had fallen down badly on both knees and they'd scabbed over. It wasn't a good look!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,944
    Rolf F wrote:
    mfin wrote:

singletrackworldjpg.jpg

You'd think he'd at least (aside from getting a tattoo artist who could actually draw) get the pivot in the correct orientation. If his legs were really like that I wouldn't want to pass him too closely! :lol:

Just what i thought when I saw it!

I'm not a fan of tattoos. Most of them look naff, but the one I saw on my hols last week belonged to a prat. He had a huge zip down his chest, open to about the sternum and closed the rest of the way down, made up of around half-inch square zip-teeth. Nothing was 'revealed' on the open bit, it was obviously just a joke, and probably caused hours of amusement to him and his mates. He had plenty of other crap as well, nothing classy, just rubbish.

The older I get, the better I was.

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    arran77 wrote:
    I'm sure Bally will be along to offer some advice soon, he loves tattoos, especially on women :lol:

Ah yes, the old tramp stamp.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    In all seriousness I can't remember an attractive tattoo. I can't see why anyone would want one unless their name is Popeye.
  • rc856
    rc856 Posts: 1,144
    Joeblack wrote:

How about a nice Japanese or Polynesian theme?
    Google images is your friend :D
  • mfin
    BrandonA wrote:
    mfin wrote:
    BrandonA wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

Literally never.

I wasn't being offensive.

An oxymoron is:
    "A figure of speech in which incongruous or seemingly contradictory terms appear side by side; a compressed paradox".

Speed up :)
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    If you use foreign words or characters, make sure you get the translation verified.

enhanced-buzz-24542-1375391154-0.jpg
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    RDW wrote:
    If you use foreign words or characters, make sure you get the translation verified.

enhanced-buzz-24542-1375391154-0.jpg

Thought it read " Sweet and sour duck with fried rice" myself
  • RDW
    RDW Posts: 1,900
    Thought it read " Sweet and sour duck with fried rice" myself

chinese-tattoo-fail-03-550x770.jpg
  • lawrences
    lawrences Posts: 1,011
    RC856 wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:

How about a nice Japanese or Polynesian theme?
    Google images is your friend :D

Tentacles?
  • andrewjoseph
    andrewjoseph Posts: 2,165
    I like Haida style tattoos, I've got one on my arm, I'd like another on my leg.

Whatever you decide, don't do it while drunk, look at loads of styles, choose something that really appeals to you.
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • Joeblack
    Thanks the Haida stuff looks nice, and thanks for the tip! I won't be Doing it drunk loool
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Joeblack wrote:
    Thanks the Haida stuff looks nice, and thanks for the tip! I won't be Doing it drunk loool
    I have several Haida tattoos all done by my bro in law who is based in Germany, his clients travel from several European countries because of his rep and expertise (30 years experience). I know it's obvious but make sure you pick a really good artist otherwise you will regret it and then spend more money to get them done correctly. Happy hunting.

Ps it's addictive. :)
  • MichaelW
    MichaelW Posts: 2,164
    One like The Beibers should get you a lot of fans*.

article-0-2060D53500000578-639_634x1122.jpg

*Just don't don't have sex with them 'cos that would make you a paedo.... :shock:

Funny looking Frank Sinatra on his left leg.
  • metronome
    metronome Posts: 670
    What's Beiber's mate wearing?
    tick - tick - tick
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Joeblack wrote:

Literally never.

Thanx. Made my day. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    mfin wrote:
    914066_525_350_w.jpg

singletrackworldjpg.jpg

I was thinking more along the lines of really, really, really, really, really, stupid.