Rapha Sale

13»

Comments

• mambo1
    mambo1 Posts: 13
    mambo1 wrote:
    like the poser yuppies who used to buy Porche's back in the eighties.

Like this one...

l_gable-roof-porch-140514.jpg

:wink::wink::wink:

I knew the misspelling would provoke some fun!
    Owner Cicli Schiavona - Custom hand-made Italian frames at prices you won't believe!

http://www.ciclischiavona.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cicli-Sc ... 8745538716
  • birdie23
    birdie23 Posts: 457
    NorvernRob wrote:
    NorvernRob wrote:
    birdie23 wrote:
    Anyone got any reviews on the Sky gilet yet?

Due to an issue with some socks I've got a code that will give me free shipping when I get a replacement pair so might stick the gilet in the same order.

Wearing mine tomorrow for a 60-odd mile Peak District ride. It's forecast to be windy and we're setting off at 7am so it should get a good workout. I got the medium, I'm 5'9, 38" chest and it's a very snug fit.

Well I can say with some certainty that it's very wind proof and pretty waterproof too. We rode from Bakewell to Axe Edge then up to the Cat & Fiddle summit, then back. There was a raging headwind virtually the whole way going out and my core was never cold but I didn't overheat either, despite over 4,000ft of climbing in the first 28 miles.

There were some very heavy showers, torrential at times and for those I stopped and put a waterproof gilet over the top. For the light rain I didn't bother, when we got back to Bakewell my jersey was still dry.

It's doubtful I could have given it a harder test than that so I'm happy!

Order placed! I'm a tad smaller than you and have gone for the medium (5ft 8" 37" chest)
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • Finally succumbed and got a Sky jersey in the sale.

The main reason being that I want to have a Rapha jersey.

• The main reason being that I want to have a Rapha jersey.

That's how we all started....
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles

is it a sportswool one??

if not then its not a proper Rapha jersey ;)

ps Trade team jerseys are £60 down from £140 at the mo - they are fantastic at convincing you to bankrupt yourself buying Rapha, but you'll love it ;)
  • gabriel959
    gabriel959 Posts: 4,227
    Finally succumbed and got a Sky jersey in the sale.

is it a sportswool one??

if not then its not a proper Rapha jersey ;)

ps Trade team jerseys are £60 down from £140 at the mo - they are fantastic at convincing you to bankrupt yourself buying Rapha, but you'll love it ;)

Thank goodness they are not long-sleeve or I would have bought one or two already :)
    x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    Commuting / Winter rides - Jamis Renegade Expert
    Pootling / Offroad - All-City Macho Man Disc
    Fast rides Cannondale SuperSix Ultegra

Same here. But for me the main reason is to have a Sky jersey, would rather it wasn't Rapha. :D
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Finally succumbed and got a Sky jersey in the sale.

Same here. But for me the main reason is to have a Sky jersey, would rather it wasn't Rapha. :D

Funny - I simply can't imagine why anybody would want a jersey with Sky written on it - at least Rapha manufactured it. The Sky bit is why I don't own one :wink:
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • birdie23

Funny - I simply can't imagine why anybody would want a jersey with Sky written on it - at least Rapha manufactured it. The Sky bit is why I don't own one :wink:

Because they're a fan of the team?
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • Any one got a review/sizing guide for the replica Jersey? Really considering it now it's down to £25. Would never have considered Sky kit before, but seems like a good price for a Rapha Jersey.
  • The replica jersey is the one item that I'd recommend going one size up. Did a ride for Sky in July and we all got given kit to wear. I'm 171cm, 65kg and the medium I wore was super tight - and I like to wear race cut stuff. It's not a patch on the proper Pro Team stuff which has all the tech fabrics, but it's a well made jersey with pockets that are higher up the back so less chance of sagging under load and nice long sleeves too.
  • paul_mck
    paul_mck Posts: 1,058
    hesitated and missed the rain jackets at 140 :(

Any thoughts on this one? Its for commuting mostly so the hood might actually be useful.

http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/hooded-w ... 01XXORAXLG
  • If you want a good all round commuting jacket the City Rain job is the one to go for. Thicker than the rain jacket so warmer. More room so you can wear a jumper/sweatshirt underneath, two front pockets for your hands and an inner pocket. Nice safetly touches too. I have the burnt orange one.
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    I bought this one for commuting in:-
    http://www.rapha.cc/gb/en/shop/merino-h ... duct/HOD05
    Pretty sure I paid £110 for it last week, now dropped to £80 - gutted!!

Not waterproof as its Merino, but its great for cold mornings. I'm a medium in Rapha Jersey's, had to get the merino hooded top in a small though as the medium was just too long. (I'm only 5 foot 8)
  • Did I see somewhere that you could get free returns? Can't seem to find how to do this on their website.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Did I see somewhere that you could get free returns? Can't seem to find how to do this on their website.

Yeah, it's not obvious because it comes after the address to send back.

http://pages.rapha.cc/service/returns

Keep scrolling down and eventually you'll see the returns label to download.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • Oh right, cheers! :D
  • paul_mck
    bought the hooded jacket and a sky replica top (for 25 quid its nearly as cheap as the chinese knockoff I have ;))

both an optimistic large so fingers crossed!
  • birdie23
    My gilet came yesterday. As you'd expect, it is a nice snug race fit. It's a bit breezy out so will set out on my afternoon ride with it on.
    2012 Cube Agree GTC
  • paul_mck
    Can you send sale stuff back? The large jacket I got is brilliant but the large sky jersey wouldn't fit a 10 year old anorexic.
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    paul_mck wrote:
    Can you send sale stuff back? The large jacket I got is brilliant but the large sky jersey wouldn't fit a 10 year old anorexic.

Yup
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • paul_mck
    loving the hooded wind jacket. very cosy! And not suffocating on the big hills even with a backpack.

win :)