Premier League 14/15 (Predictions)

Comments

• city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    edited August 2014
    PBlakeney wrote:
    The past year just proves the genius of this man.
    Not only in getting the last ounce out of what he had, but realising that it was the last ounce.

184247_1.jpg

Very true. The absence of Slur Alex's active encouragement of diving and cheating and his bullying of officials has certainly affected Manyoo's results since his retirement :D
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Well we just about scraped through :shock: 3 points for liverpool and 0 for manu is what really matters though. Really couldnt afford to loose that, not only to Southampton, but the first game as well - phew
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,685
    Well we just about scraped through :shock: 3 points for liverpool and 0 for manu is what really matters though. Really couldnt afford to loose that, not only to Southampton, but the first game as well - phew
    Surely all that game showed was that Southampton first team could beat Southampton reserves :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    tim wand wrote:
    Ah, come on give them chance, the internet is censored in Beijing , they're probably not allowed to respond, the censors there are worse than Ric!
    The mods have never visited my house when I have transgressed - yet :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Surely all that game showed was that Southampton first team could beat Southampton reserves :)

Only just!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    All points are worth the same come the end of the season! Chelsea had some lucky results last year, like the West Brom game.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Van Gaal wrote:
    Van Gaal said: "When you have preparation, win everything, then lose your first match, it cannot be worse.

"We have built up a lot of confidence. It will be smashed because of this."

I like the way this man talks. BTW, where are all the BR MU fans these days? I'm sure there used to be far more of them...
    They're probably a bit embarrassed to admit that they support Man U these days. The love that dare not speak it's name...

Either that or they're all busy getting their mums to sew a Liverpool badge over the ManUre one on their replica shirt.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    tim wand wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Van Gaal wrote:
    Van Gaal said: "When you have preparation, win everything, then lose your first match, it cannot be worse.

"We have built up a lot of confidence. It will be smashed because of this."

I like the way this man talks. BTW, where are all the BR MU fans these days? I'm sure there used to be far more of them...
    They're probably a bit embarrassed to admit that they support Man U these days. The love that dare not speak it's name...

Ah, come on give them chance, the internet is censored in Beijing , they're probably not allowed to respond, the censors there are worse than Ric!

I suppose that's one factor. The time it takes for news of the outside world to reach Cornwall is another.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Stevo 666 wrote:

:) I wasnt implying that we should be able to beat a lesser team :wink:

Cant we just be happy about the manu game :) there'll be plenty of time for snidey remarks later on :twisted:
  • Stevo_666
    Cant we just be happy about the manu game :) there'll be plenty of time for snidey remarks later on :twisted:

Yes and yes :mrgreen:
  • city_boy
    So Rio Ferdinand predicts United will win the league 'cos King Louis is a good manager and he's made GrannySh@gger captain :shock:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ferdinand-backs-man-united-see-7642725

What a tool!
  • Stevo_666
    They'll be lucky to make the Champions League never mind win the PL. Wonder what is in LVG's contract about making into the CL? Moyes' pay out was cut drastically when they got shot of him for failing on the front.
  • Manc33
    Manc33 Posts: 2,157
    #1 Chelsea
    #2 Man City
    #3 Arsenal
    #4 Man United
    #5 Liverpool
    #6 Spurs

The rest... who cares. :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Manc33 wrote:
    #1 Chelsea
    #2 Man City
    #3 Arsenal
    #4 Man United
    #5 Liverpool
    #6 Spurs

The rest... who cares. :mrgreen:
    The top 2 aren't that difficult to predict with the benefit of some hindsight :wink:
  • city_boy
    City Boy wrote:
    Only a 3 weeks to go (a bit longer for the transfer window to close)!

Wondered what everyone's predictions for top and bottom are?

I think Man City and Chelski will take top two with 3rd and 4th a fight between Manyoo, the ars* and the Scousers.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

If United manage to convince a couple of quality players to sign then they might edge Liverpool for 4th.

Looks like I got it seriously wrong regarding Southampton. Maybe I should just swap them and Arsenal around in my prediction :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

I think Man City and Chelski will take top two with 3rd and 4th a fight between Manyoo, the ars* and the Scousers.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

If United manage to convince a couple of quality players to sign then they might edge Liverpool for 4th.

Looks like I got it seriously wrong regarding Southampton. Maybe I should just swap them and Arsenal around in my prediction :mrgreen:
    Liverpool will never be in the top 4 and you got the top two the wrong way round. You're not very good at this prediction lark are you :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    City Boy wrote:

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

Liverpool will never be in the top 4 and you got the top two the wrong way round. You're not very good at this prediction lark are you :wink:

I still think Burnley will go down :D
  • Stevo_666
    You could be right!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,423
    Bah - Bahsenal. A team of to halves - the front 5 and the back five. They don't press nearly enough, they allow the opposition to be comfortable on the ball in the middle of the park. With a good defence, they could actually be pretty good.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    With a good defence, they could actually be pretty good.
    Same for Manure. But when you do have a good defence, City Boy starts whingeing and trying to make out that you play boring football :wink:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    With a good defence, they could actually be pretty good.
    Same for Manure. But when you do have a good defence, City Boy starts whingeing and trying to make out that you play boring football :wink:

I like whinging ok?
    There is a difference though between having a good defence and playing your entire outfield 10 in defence :wink:
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Oh I see what you mean, just look at all those Chelsea players in their own half. :roll: What the heck is a right back doing up there banging one into the City net? Such defensive boring tactics. :D

ivanovic-goal.gif
  • Stevo_666
    Oh I see what you mean, just look at all those Chelsea players in their own half. :roll: What the heck is a right back doing up there banging one into the City net? Such defensive boring tactics. :D

ivanovic-goal.gif
    That's quite an addictive little clip Cornerblock :mrgreen:

I think City Boy is confusing us with Everton or Leicester who have the same colour home kit. If he thinks that the highest scoring team in the PL this season is boring, what about a team that's scored five goals less? They must be p*** boring :wink:
  • city_boy

ivanovic-goal.gif

Is this the one where you only managed to scrape a goal against 10 men and then sat back (unsuccessfully as it turned out) to park the bus to defend a 1-0 lead against 10 men......or am I getting it confused with another game? :lol:
  • city_boy
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I think City Boy is confusing us with Everton or Leicester who have the same colour home kit. If he thinks that the highest scoring team in the PL this season is boring, what about a team that's scored five goals less? They must be p*** boring :wink:

5 out of your first 8 games have been against teams currently lying in the bottom half of the table, 5 of City's first 8 against teams in top half......I'll reserve judgement until a few more have been played.

Chelsea play with a 'don't lose, first' policy. Defend and hit on the break then defend what you've got. We play to win and to try and keep scoring.....I know which I'd rather watch :wink:
  • Stevo_666
    City Boy wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

5 out of your first 8 games have been against teams currently lying in the bottom half of the table, 5 of City's first 8 against teams in top half......I'll reserve judgement until a few more have been played.

Chelsea play with a 'don't lose, first' policy. Defend and hit on the break then defend what you've got. We play to win and to try and keep scoring.....I know which I'd rather watch :wink:
    Boo hoo, we don't let you play the game you want to play. Best try a bit harder then :P

You could argue that some of those teams we played are in the bottom half of the table because we have played them :) . We've played what is arguably our hardest game of the season - City at the Etijihad. You still have your hardest game to play :wink:
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    Is this the one where you only managed to scrape a goal against 10 men and then sat back (unsuccessfully as it turned out) to park the bus to defend a 1-0 lead against 10 men......or am I getting it confused with another game? :lol:

Yes you must be confused with another time we beat you! Having said that you should have been down to ten men when Matija Nastasic was fortunate to not be sent off for pulling back Oscar. If it gives you comfort to think that Chelsea are negative then crack on. The stats in that particular game prove otherwise. City 24 shots 3 on target. Chelsea 18 shots 6 on target. Hmmm something doesn't add up. Not the stats you would expect to see from a defensive away side. More shots on target than you and you're at home! Anyhow it's early days, we will see which type of football proves the more successful, your amazing total football :wink: or our defensive but high scoring :? brand of football. I just can't wait till we click into gear!
  • city_boy
    To be fair, I wouldn't say Cheatski's bus parking approach isn't effective. In fact, it played a big part in our winning the league last year. Your 0-2 victory at Scousepool all but gave us the title. The one where you had 27% possession to Liverpool's 73! With 11 shots to their 28. Thanks for that :wink:
    I heard a quote the other day (can't remember where unfortunately) that given the quality of players at Chelsea, Tony Pulis could do a very similar job to Jose! :lol:

As you say, it's early days.....time will tell??
  • cornerblock
    City Boy wrote:
    Tony Pulis could do a very similar job to Jose! :lol:

And a similar job to Pellegrini too, as neither are capable of winning the CL. :wink:
  • cornerblock
    Yep I'm pretty sure Pulis could also throw away a two goal lead with a group of players that talented. :lol: