1. Chelsea
    2. Man City
    3. Man Utd
    4. Liverpool
    5. Arsenal

Bottom 3
    QPR
    Leicester
    Burnley (saw them last year in Champs. Still at a loss as to how they got promoted)
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    I first got interested in football as a kid in the late 60s, collecting the 'Soccer stars' stickers and the first season I remember is 68-69.
    Look at the make up of the old First Division and it is remarkable how similar it is to todays Premier League.
    16 of the teams from 68 still contest the Premier League.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968–69_in_English_football#First_Division
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972
    Ballysmate wrote:
    I first got interested in football as a kid in the late 60s, collecting the 'Soccer stars' stickers and the first season I remember is 68-69.
    Look at the make up of the old First Division and it is remarkable how similar it is to todays Premier League.

Success breeds success.
    Unless you are Leeds.

It is all about the money.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Paulie W
    Paulie W Posts: 1,492
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Success breeds success.
    Unless you are Leeds.

It is all about the money.

Not disagreeing with the general point but I wonder whether '68 was an unusual year because a quick glance at various tables from the 70s suggests 11 or 12 is the norm. I had forgotten that Carlisle were in the top division for a season!
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    May I take this opportunity to say goodbye to Howard Webb who is retiring. To spend more time with his family I believe.

BuWz-5TIEAAsw7m.jpg
  • ballysmate
    1407335329036_wps_33_Howard_Webb_Virals.jpg
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    Unfortunately I can't see Liverpool doing very well this season, they've been buying too many bargain basement players and too many 20 year olds.
  • ^^That looks shopped, I can tell from some of the pixels and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277
    City Boy wrote:
    Only a 3 weeks to go (a bit longer for the transfer window to close)!

Wondered what everyone's predictions for top and bottom are?

I think Man City and Chelski will take top two with 3rd and 4th a fight between Manyoo, the ars* and the Scousers.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

If United manage to convince a couple of quality players to sign then they might edge Liverpool for 4th.

confused here- you wrote 'scousers' and the put liverpoo for 4th?
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    City Boy wrote:

I think Man City and Chelski will take top two with 3rd and 4th a fight between Manyoo, the ars* and the Scousers.

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

If United manage to convince a couple of quality players to sign then they might edge Liverpool for 4th.

If you mean the order, that's his prediction. If you mean the nickname choice, he also put Chelski, Manyoo and the Ars*. Sh1t gets serious when it comes to lists.
  • Cygnus
    Cygnus Posts: 1,879
    City Boy wrote:

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

Well it's safe to say the woodentops won't come in the top 4.
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    City Boy wrote:

1. Man City
    2. Chelsea
    3. Arsenal
    4. Liverpool

Bottom

18. Southampton
    19. West Brom
    20. Burnley

Put "Liverpool" in the list to clarify that I meant them rather than Everton. Although, to be fair, I think Martinez is a really top manager and I wouldn't be surprised if they're knocking on the door of top 4 come the end of the season. I doubt it, but wouldn't be surprised.
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • pesky_jones
    pesky_jones Posts: 2,890
    Ohhh. I wouldn't ever consider scouse to be anyone other than Liverpool!
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    everton = bitter/toffee nose
  • fast as fupp
    fast as fupp Posts: 2,277

pay a visit to fannyfield then. on a match day. play spot the scouser. you'll be lucky to find one. :D
    'dont forget lads, one evertonian is worth twenty kopites'
  • city_boy
    city_boy Posts: 1,616
    Swansea 2 - Manyoo 1
    Fantastic start to this year's Premier League!
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Statistically, 6 out of 7 dwarves are not happy.
  • tim_wand
    tim_wand Posts: 2,552
    Swansea have just made 90% of the Principality of Wales Miserable, The other 10% support Liverpool.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,605
    City Boy wrote:
    Swansea 2 - Manyoo 1
    Yay :mrgreen:

Hopefully it won't be long before they start photoshopping van Gaal's head onto last years Moyes joke pics.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • nathancom
    nathancom Posts: 1,567
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    City Boy wrote:
    Swansea 2 - Manyoo 1
    Yay :mrgreen:

Hopefully it won't be long before they start photoshopping van Gaal's head onto last years Moyes joke pics.
    I am not sure it is necessary now we have the video of a bird crapping in Young's mouth....

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robynwilder/bird-poo-sports-ball
  • Stevo_666
    Sooner than I thought :lol:

BvKW_uWCQAIqC2d.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Might need to add Palace to the potential relagation list if they don't sort a decent manager sharpish. Pulis going is a big loss for them - will be interesting to find out exactly why.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 43,156
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Might need to add Palace to the potential relagation list if they don't sort a decent manager sharpish. Pulis going is a big loss for them - will be interesting to find out exactly why.

They deserve it. Pullis was the perfect manager for a team like that, goes to show how football club Boards put their own egos above club success.
  • tim_wand
    As a Gooner, It was the best bit of news pre season to hear that Pullis and Palace had parted company only 48 before our meeting.

Arsenal have traditionally struggled against Pullis teams (Stoke) and the manner in which they "play", you could definitely see his influence despite his absence yesterday.

This is one of the rare occasions were I think the Chairman (Steve Parish) has made the right decision. Undoubtedly Pullis was the right man for Palace and performed a miracle last year, but I think for once that a board is being realistic in thinking that consolidation in the premiership is were the clubs level is.

Pullis obviously wanted to kick on, but I think Parish is woefully aware that his club has been close to administration in recent history, and you only have to look at the demise of the likes of Leeds to know that to chase glory at all costs doesn't work for many.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Van Gaal wrote:
    Van Gaal said: "When you have preparation, win everything, then lose your first match, it cannot be worse.

"We have built up a lot of confidence. It will be smashed because of this."

I like the way this man talks. BTW, where are all the BR MU fans these days? I'm sure there used to be far more of them...
  • Stevo_666
    johnfinch wrote:
    Van Gaal wrote:
    Van Gaal said: "When you have preparation, win everything, then lose your first match, it cannot be worse.

I like the way this man talks. BTW, where are all the BR MU fans these days? I'm sure there used to be far more of them...
    They're probably a bit embarrassed to admit that they support Man U these days. The love that dare not speak it's name...
  • tim_wand
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:
    Van Gaal wrote:

They're probably a bit embarrassed to admit that they support Man U these days. The love that dare not speak it's name...

Ah, come on give them chance, the internet is censored in Beijing , they're probably not allowed to respond, the censors there are worse than Ric!
  • ballysmate
    1408219112586_wps_14_MANCHESTER_ENGLAND_AUGUST.jpg

That's her. That's my brother's wife. Want me to fix you up, she's a cracking shag.
  • ballysmate
    1408206811137_wps_3_image001_png.jpg
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Ballysmate wrote:
    1408219112586_wps_14_MANCHESTER_ENGLAND_AUGUST.jpg

That's her. That's my brother's wife. Want me to fix you up, she's a cracking shag.

Is that a mummy behind them?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 26,972
    johnfinch wrote:
    Van Gaal wrote:

The past year just proves the genius of this man.
    Not only in getting the last ounce out of what he had, but realising that it was the last ounce.

184247_1.jpg
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.