TDF Stage 21: Évry-Paris ***Spoiler***

Comments

• above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Shows how tired they all are when the Honey Badger nabs third.

Like they were on stage 1? ;)

Well if Froome had still been in the race he could have got 6th today.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    It just showed the sprint in Harrogate, Honey Badger was wearing arm warmers, it was bloody hot that day!
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Has Cheng finished yet?
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Has Cheng finished yet?
    I think he had to finish with all the others. Hopefully the extra lap will be added to his time
  • frenchfighter
    coriordan wrote:

Nice, Kittel looked cooked. Very tight style there for such a large guy.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Has Cheng finished yet?
    I think he had to finish with all the others. Hopefully the extra lap will be added to his time

Pretty sure a 'lap out' doesnt exist here.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Has Cheng finished yet?

He wouldn't have to do the last lap, but his average lap time will be added. That is common in stage races where there is a finishing circuit.
    www.dotcycling.com
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Podium girl again reluctant to kiss Nibs?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Such a shame Nibs' Italian champs jersey is so crap. Would have been good to see the bandiera shown with more style.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • frenchfighter
    emadden wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Has Cheng finished yet?

He wouldn't have to do the last lap, but his average lap time will be added. That is common in stage races where there is a finishing circuit.

First time I've come across it. Plausible I suppose.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Nibs proper emotional when the il Canto started playing. Good to see what the whole thing means to him.
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    emadden wrote:
    Paul 8v wrote:
    Has Cheng finished yet?
    First time I've come across it. Plausible I suppose.
    However it was deduced, Cheng was given a time of +9:25.

Not all riders were in the pack or within 2 mins behind, 3 others were +3:30 to +4:30 adrift (Kiryienka, Kadri and Pichot).
  • Paul 8v
    type:epyt wrote:
    Such a shame Nibs' Italian champs jersey is so crap. Would have been good to see the bandiera shown with more style.
    Maybe they will let him have a proper one now. I hope so,even he thinks it's cack but you have to please the sponsors...
  • above_the_cows
    And so it comes to this.

The end. The final curtain. The last lap of the Champs Elysee has been done (unless you're CHENG. GO CHENG!!!!!) and here are the results of the raffle.

But first a moments commiseration for hommelbier who briefly leaped into the top 10 today when I added the GC points due to his Valverde pick, only to slip out of the top 10 because he backed the wrong German who had to settle for fourth behind a charging Honey Badger. Sorry hommelbier but I am secretly pleased because I've got my 7th spot back! :P

So the raffle results...

And winning the large strange blue bowl and a rendition of the national anthem of their choice by Lesley Garrett is Key a full 10 points ahead of his nearest rival and holding the lead for most of the race, he is a fitting champion.

In second spot sure no doubt to seek team leadership from Key next year and feed Bernie Eisel's bunny to his pet snake is rozzer32 who backed the right German.

Rounding off the podium 6 points back after a poor time trial made Greipel seem like a good choice we have tforonda. Gorillas are rarely a good choice unless it's misty and you're Dian Fossey.

And the rest of the top 10 is as follows:

In fourth, that most cruel of spots could have been a podium but isn't, we have: archieboy a mere 2 points down on that third step.

In fifth we have, Ben who snores a further 5 seconds back. I'm sure with some sleep therapy his recovery will be all the better and he can challenge for the podium next year.

In sixth it's FJS who sneaked up into the top 10 (and stole my spot) just the other day by having the nerve to pick anyone else other than Peter Sagan. Gefeliciteerd!

In seventh, well yes it's me! My second GT top 10 in a row! Some of you others might also have achieved such feats but sorry I don't care about you. I'm a contender! I will be expecting a pay rise and full on team support only no doubt to languish like Teejay Van Garderen in mid-top 10 obscurity for ever more.

In 8th place it's dish-dash just 1 point behind with a last minute dash into the top 10 also with an inspired pick for John Degenoddingdog on the John Nettles stage

And...

thomasmc, yep you've got to share this one folks, if you'd picked the Nodding Dog too thomas you'd have beaten the usurper, but that's PTP. But as consolation you win the Haimar Zubeldia invisibility cloak, but please use it only for good.

And then in 10th place we have the Nervous Prof, I'm not sure why they have to be nervous, being a Prof they already have tenure but anyway I digress, just 2 points behind dish-dash and thomasmc.

Again hommelbier was so close in 11th just 1 point behind but them's the breaks.

Lastly then, before I trot off under an Arc de Triomphe emblazoned in a lovely horse here is the magnificent spreadsheet that I will dearly miss such as it has come to define the rhythm of my days.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nDDFTMLNVjurt88VlyjNJhWJMJGrfEKgWyaEUqaKAIc/pubhtml

Merci all, it's been fun.
  • above_the_cows
    And now I'm going to eat a curry with a Toblerone chaser.
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    And now I'm going to eat a curry with a Toblerone chaser.

Enjoy. I have just had the ultimate curry, the two day old leftover, absolutely stunning with a re heated nan bread.

Thanks for the entertainment ATC, always a pleasure. :D
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n9dvwmWHx51qacyk6o1_500.png
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Btj_DXDCQAAmUZs.png
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    Only 49 weeks to the next one...what fun.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    nevman wrote:
    Only one week to the Tour of Poland.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    10517536_708745782508137_6615084895487143015_n.png
    His wife.
    10559873_792160470828613_7951080851672760680_n.jpg

tumblr_n9dz0j4xPi1qacyk6o1_500.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n9ceil2QTx1rhs3w4o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    tumblr_n9du9zCVf31ruscp7o1_1280.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    Sagan's
    BtjN05jIIAEXv0F.jpg
    Nibali's
    BtjOMfBIMAE2DY7.jpg
    Majka's
    BtjTOxKCIAADvZA.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Paul 8v
    Finally those Corina wheels actually match the bike, I've always thought they looked a bit weird with the yellow logos!

I suppose the eternal question will be would he still have won if Froome and Contador were riding? I think he probably would have done to be fair
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    g .
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    nevman wrote:
    Odds for 2015 (from Paddy Power)

15/8 Froome
    7/2 Contador
    5/2 Nibali
    4/1 Quintana
    33/1 Uran, Pinot & Van Garderen
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • frenchfighter
    Yellow Gazzetta!
    10547550_10152168741605936_1944155190672380900_n.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest