TDF Stage 17:St Gaudens-St Lary-Soulan Pla d'Adet *spoilers*

Comments

• calvjones
    calvjones Posts: 3,850
    The Pyrenees are so much better and attractive than the Alps.

Well, yeah but s'like saying Penelope Cruz is more attractive than Emmanuelle Beart.

Maybe, but either looks good when you spend your time pedalling around the British equivalent.

Strava is not Zen.
  • dang100
    dang100 Posts: 44
    Roche has just been caught
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Roche and Herrada now back with the chasing group. Kiri 1'22" in front and he has just started the 3rd of the 4 climbs of the stage.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    calvjones wrote:
    The Pyrenees are so much better and attractive than the Alps.

Well, yeah but s'like saying Penelope Cruz is more attractive than Emmanuelle Beart.

Maybe, but either looks good when you spend your time pedalling around the British equivalent.

Try living in the Netherlands. It makes a railway bridge look attractive.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    edited July 2014
    Divine Wind driving the chase group which includes Mollema (up to 6th on virtual GC), with ~4mins on main group.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    Rolland is virtual 7th and Mollema virtual 6th.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    Tarammäe, Gautier, Dumoulin and Kadri appear to have attacked from the main peloton. Not that we're seeing that on TV at the mo.
  • bluemoon17
    bluemoon17 Posts: 718
    RonB wrote:
    Tarammäe, Gautier, Dumoulin and Kadri appear to have attacked from the main peloton. Not that we're seeing that on TV at the mo.

I think they are dropping back from the break.
  • frenchfighter
    Pierre Rolland (Europcar), Jurgen Van Den Broeck (Lott-Belisol), Frank Schleck (Trek Factory Racing), Peter Velits (BMC), Jakob Fuglsang (Astana), Jon Izagirre (Movistar), Giovanni Visconti (Movistar), Amaël Moinard (BMC), Yukio Arashiro (Europcar), Jesus Herrada (Movistar), Biel Kadri (AG2R-La Mondiale), Bauke Mollema (Belkin), Nicolas Roche (Tinkoff-Saxo), Joaqium Rodríguez (Katusha), Kristijan Durasek (Lampre-Merida), David Lopez (Sky) and Alessandro de Marchi (Cannondale)

Chasing Kiri.

Lots of fresh legs in there from people who have done no work.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RonB
    edited July 2014
    Bluemoon17 wrote:
    RonB wrote:

I think they are dropping back from the break.
    You might have a point there :D
  • above_the_cows
    Just realised Kiry is wearing his 'old' helmet. Much nicer.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Fdj on the front of the peloton.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    Rolland is virtual 7th and Mollema virtual 6th.

AG2R and FDJ on the front now.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    FDJ & AG2R trains leading the peloton.
  • Too early for Fdj. Can't see the logic
  • calvjones

Mojito? I have one, it's lovely.

Well, had, as my 8 year old has nicked it. I am reduced to a Louis Garneau, Eurupcar stylee.

Strava is not Zen.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Gap starting to fall quite swiftly. Looks like two hard days in a row is too much even for Kiri.
  • above_the_cows
    Of course Kiry has previous unfinished business with the Peyresourde and the Pyrenees after last year's debacle on stage 9.
  • The_Boy
    Too early for Fdj. Can't see the logic

Softening the opposition up so the leaders are on their own when pinot attacks?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • frenchfighter
    Geraint dropped.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • above_the_cows
    calvjones wrote:

Mojito? I have one, it's lovely.

Well, had, as my 8 year old has nicked it. I am reduced to a Louis Garneau, Eurupcar stylee.

Yes the mojito. I have one too. It's lush. I bought it on wiggle during the yawn fest that was the Amstel Gold this year, I didn't mean to, I just wanted a helmet to match my bike and it looked so pretty.
  • RonB
    Nice quote re Nibali posted on the ticker...

" Yesterday, Vincenzo Nibali received a sms from Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi who invited him to come and visit at the Palazzo Chigi with the yellow jersey after the Tour de France. As reported in La Gazzetta dello Sport, he current race leader answered that he'd be happy to do so but underlined that he hasn't won the race yet."
  • frenchfighter
    26km, 1min to chasers, 4.15 to peloton.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    #francaisdeschemindefer
  • frenchfighter
    RonB wrote:

" Yesterday, Vincenzo Nibali received a sms from Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi who invited him to come and visit at the Palazzo Chigi with the yellow jersey after the Tour de France. As reported in La Gazzetta dello Sport, he current race leader answered that he'd be happy to do so but underlined that he hasn't won the race yet."

Good guy the Shark is, just like Contador.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • The_Boy
    #ag2trains
  • Macaloon
    edited July 2014
    The_Boy wrote:
    #ag2trains

TdJGV?

e: oops
  • above_the_cows
    I'd like to think that I look just like Kiry on the bike, especially when climbing. I fear however that I really don't.
  • calvjones
    RonB wrote:

And indeed Renzi might not still be PM by Sunday.

Strava is not Zen.
  • above_the_cows
    calvjones wrote:
    RonB wrote:

And indeed Renzi might not still be PM by Sunday.

BOOM!