TDF Stage 15: Tallard - Nimes ***spoiler***

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    antsmithmk wrote:
    Kittel found out then? Super high pace from 5 km out blunts his kick.
    I think two days in the mountains have done that.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • philwint
    philwint Posts: 763
    That was ace :D

Gutted for Bauer though (and Elminger of course), brilliant ridefrom both of them.
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    GShim did no work to help out. Despite the fact almost all of them have been riding the gruppetto every day, demonstrated by the fact they are at the bottom of the classification. They should have really brought Barguil along to give those flatland beasts more than one dimension. Cheng was on holiday today.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    Thought the break were actually going to make it then, gutting.
  • frenchfighter
    1. Alexander Kristoff (Katusha)
    2. Heinrich Haussler (IAM)
    3. Peter Sagan (Cannondale)
    4. André Greipel (Lotto)
    5. Mark Renshaw (OPQS)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cesco
    cesco Posts: 252
    GShim did no work to help out.

Seems like they have helpful men in red to do that for them.
  • frenchfighter
    They did a poor job of showing off Nimes as well as the large Colosseum. Lovely town and lovely Colosseum (largest outside Italy).
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mulletmaster
    mulletmaster Posts: 502
    Always so gutting when a plucky break gets caught so close to home. Can't imagine being one of those two guys, well worth TM monster effort to bring it back for Renshaw to come his usual nowhere......
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    nevman wrote:
    Who is the Lotto Belisol rider that Giant-Shimano put on the front-he`s doing a great job.?
    Looked like Marcel Sieberg doing the work for G-S-they pushed him onto the front from about 20k to bring back the break.He`s German.As is Griepel?
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • frenchfighter
    Cheng rolls in with that group that got caught out. Rodriguez and Voeckler there as well.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    nevman wrote:
    nevman wrote:
    Who is the Lotto Belisol rider that Giant-Shimano put on the front-he`s doing a great job.?
    Looked like Marcel Sieberg doing the work for G-S-they pushed him onto the front from about 20k to bring back the break.He`s German.As is Griepel?

It was Bak.
  • frenchfighter
    Race went through Rocher de la Baume again today:
    20140720259_JEP_3906.jpg

20140720199__D4D6238.jpg
    (Contador has over 800k, Froome has less than 400k)
    Contador is the Greatest
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    appreciate Bauer probably didnt have much in the tank left so couldnt necessarily pushed out alone earlier , but did he mess his tactics up abit there, as they were looking around so much and concentrating on trying to not be duped by one another in the final km, that actually let the peloton catch up so much and by the time Bauer decided to go it alone it was too late to recover enough momentum/speed.

it was a sterling effort for the breakway, not taking that away, it just felt like Bauer should have won that at the least.
  • frenchfighter
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn’t see Tony Martin doing much useful work. He can’t really be blamed/congratulated for bringing back the break.

Kristoff beat Greipel fair and square there.

Carrot.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    20140720199__D4D6238.jpg
    Justin Bieber has 53 million, Bob Dylan just 250,000
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • nevman
    nevman Posts: 1,611
    ThomThom wrote:
    nevman wrote:
    nevman wrote:

It was Bak.
    Thanks-very similar in team photos.GS must have known Kittel wasnt getting on.Gutted for the break today-if it was me i would be buying the drinks for the WHOLE peleton tonight.Cracking tour to date.
    Whats the solution? Just pedal faster you baby.

Summer B,man Team Carbon LE#222
    Winter Alan Top Cross
    All rounder Spec. Allez.
  • thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    edited July 2014
    Armstrong has nearly 4 million.

Hematocrit level..?
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Ah shucks Jack you was riding like a box of birds brew. :cry:
    Correlation is not causation.
  • frenchfighter
    RichN95 wrote:

Touche.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    RichN95 wrote:

Touche.

Beliebers vs Dyliners.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Yates to be withdrawn on the rest day.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • norvernrob
    norvernrob Posts: 1,448
    awavey wrote:
    appreciate Bauer probably didnt have much in the tank left so couldnt necessarily pushed out alone earlier , but did he mess his tactics up abit there, as they were looking around so much and concentrating on trying to not be duped by one another in the final km, that actually let the peloton catch up so much and by the time Bauer decided to go it alone it was too late to recover enough momentum/speed.

it was a sterling effort for the breakway, not taking that away, it just felt like Bauer should have won that at the least.

Yeah I agree, if he'd just got his head down and kept riding he may well have made it. I was gutted for him at the end, they rode so well together for so long.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Yates to be withdrawn on the rest day.

So that was his last stage. I assume it was semi planned and he's just tired. Shame but understandable.
    What's next for him?
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    Sagan

"Maybe we could have no rest day and finish one day earlier in Paris…”
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 9,031
    Great finish, stage has tempted me to go down to Provence again this Summer, the kids will kill me if I tell them it's another 1000 mile drive this year though !
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • mike6
    mike6 Posts: 1,199
    RichN95 wrote:
    20140720199__D4D6238.jpg

All Spanish, except one, I would guess. The Spanish seem not to care how there own win. :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    Miss. This.
    tdf09st03-ouch.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    mike6 wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    20140720199__D4D6238.jpg

All Spanish, except one, I would guess. The Spanish seem not to care how there own win. :lol:

Well, a hell of a lot of people would also have been following to see what he had to say from his doping. People don't always follow people just because they like them.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Shame the break didn't make it, but this kind of thing makes it far more special when you finally do get such a long breakaway that finally makes it by just metres.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    BtAZpM8CAAAT_QF.jpg:large
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!