GC

otnojl.jpg

a5kkn9.jpg

2rpeh3r.jpg

Comments

• thomthom
    thomthom Posts: 3,574
    Echelon.png
  • Daniel Friebe not convinced about the chances of echelons today - "too far" from the really exposed flats apparently.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Tallard to Nîmes ain't it? The chequered flag marks the finish town and the profiles generally run left to right... ;)
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 22,710
    Daniel Friebe not convinced about the chances of echelons today - "too far" from the really exposed flats apparently.

Mmmm, but if the weather forecast is right, then so too are the conditions...

etape_15.gif

Surely, running just North of the Camargue, there must be some exposed spots?
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • smithy21
    smithy21 Posts: 2,204
    You are right. Maybe they should turn it round to try and make it a but more exciting.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    If I've read iot right there should be 50km/h winds hitting them on the left hand side from Cavaillon onwards so you'd think there should be enough exposure somewhere to make a split.

If so look out for Saxo and OPQS as per stage 13 last year. they like this sort of thing
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    thegibdog wrote:
    Tallard to Nîmes ain't it? The chequered flag marks the finish town and the profiles generally run left to right... ;)

Yes, you're right. Just trying to give the sprint teams a hard time. :o
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    For Bretagne Seche team manager Emmanuel Hubert, "there will be a breakaway AND an echelon".

"There will be a breakaway involving a Bretagne Séché rider of course. And it can go far because the start of the stage is rather tricky and the peloton will take some time to chase", he forecast, hoping that one of his riders will be in contention for stage honors.

"But there will also be an echelon because, whatever the weather forecasts say, one of my guys on the spot tells me there are violent wind spells from Beaucaire. It could also help the escapees," Hubert said.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,788
    For Bretagne Seche team manager Emmanuel Hubert, "there will be a breakaway AND an echelon".

"There will be a breakaway involving a Bretagne Séché rider of course. And it can go far because the start of the stage is rather tricky and the peloton will take some time to chase", he forecast, hoping that one of his riders will be in contention for stage honors.

"But there will also be an echelon because, whatever the weather forecasts say, one of my guys on the spot tells me there are violent wind spells from Beaucaire. It could also help the escapees," Hubert said.

Well, that didn't really work out....
    The bunch don't look to be trying so I wonder why they didn't manage to get someone away if that was their goal.
  • Well, that's settled then. Nibs to lose 5minutes in crosswinds as a French alliance led by BSE smashes the race apart in the flats before Coquard wins from a bunch sprint in a diminished group. Valverde to finish ST after refusing to budge from Pinot's wheel even when Thibaut stops for a comfort break.
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    Who's going to man the ECHELONS!!!!! klaxon? I am going to miss this stage.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    I would offer, but I fear I'm a bit trigger happy
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    29vzedi.png

Ideal temperature for Jack in the break. Decent wind for Nibali to form the perfect echelon: Rogers, Martin + OPQS, Thomas, Bardot & Boomella. Ticket collector Scarponi to theatrically drop the wheel consigning Membrane to a long day.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Reports are the weather is closing in and it's fairly horrendous.

Good times. I won't be able to watch it but I'm hopeful.

I expect Giant-Shimano have got the Du Hast CD really to blare into Kittels earpiece locked and loaded.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • The_Boy
    Looking a bit grim at finish line
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    No TV pictures ATM due to storms.

Time to run a rest on the echelon klaxon?
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Looks a bit windy on the coverage
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Bs_Uw_OCQAE2veq.png:large

ITV Cycling ‏@itvcycling · 1m
    There's BIG WEATHER in Nimes right now…
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • frenchfighter
    What a photo!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • emadden
    emadden Posts: 2,431
    Really Eurosport, really? I mean really? Poems? FFS!!
    www.dotcycling.com
  • frenchfighter
    Meanwhile in Land of Froome
    Bs3ARB3CYAABkyn.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Meanwhile in Land of Froome
    Bs3ARB3CYAABkyn.jpg

High again?
  • frenchfighter
    Tinkoff getting in on the act :roll:
    Bs-IGziIUAAvNoC.jpg:large
    Contador is the Greatest
  • thomthom
    Latest pic from the finish line..

main_tornado_0519.jpg
  • tailwindhome
    Why TinkOFF on the car and TinkOV on the bike?
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • thomthom
    edited July 2014
    Why TinkOFF on the car and TinkOV on the bike?

It's his bike and his name in Tinkov. Tinkoff is the company's name.
  • tailwindhome
    Bs_U3rMCcAAAyyV.jpg

ITV Cycling ‏@itvcycling · 19m
    Brilliant! RT @dwuori: The sky in Nimes looks familiar. #TDF
  • Coachb
    Coachb Posts: 68
    There is no question as to if I will do the Vuelta a España, the question is if I can be in form. I love to compete, I want to compete and I want to enjoy this race in my country and to be there. I have to see if I can be at a good level, but it is not easy,” said Contador. “I am really motivated for the future, I just hope that the recuperation goes well and if I can’t be there this year then I will prepare just as well or better for next year’s Tour.”
  • The_Boy
    Echelons?
  • The_Boy
    edited July 2014
    Porte dropped on flat