TDF Stage 11 - Besançon to Oyonnax *Spoilers*

1789101113»

Comments

• philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    DeadCalm wrote:
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    Does Degenkolb always sprint like that or was he in the wrong gear?
    I was wondering the same. Looked like he was sprinting in the small ring from the way he was bobbing all over the place. Bizarre!

Wrong gear. definitely. either that or he deliberately wanted to look like an amateur!
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    DeadCalm wrote:
    GSVBagpuss wrote:
    I was wondering the same. Looked like he was sprinting in the small ring from the way he was bobbing all over the place. Bizarre!
    Degenkolb always does the "Nodding dog" :lol:
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    CORVOS_00023511-081.jpg
    CORVOS_00023511-082.jpg
    CORVOS_00023511-086_zps88e39ed3.jpg
    SPTDW3011.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • dsoutar
    dsoutar Posts: 1,746
    "I had a bad day," says Rui Costa in a press release. "Obviously, I am not satisfied with my performance. I suffered from kilometer 0. At first I thought it was because of the heat, but from the medical staff I suffer from acute bronchitis. I feel breathless, certainly due to the sudden change in temperature. I hope soon again to me to defend my place overall. "

He thanks anyway all his teammates who helped limit the damage: "I thank my teammates for all the effort they have made. I hope to be able to quickly recover. I also wanted to apologize to all those who put so much hope in me, but when a health problem like this happens to you, you can do nothing.
  • frenchfighter
    280-PIC481307898_zpsdc2e03e0.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • frenchfighter
    inseine wrote:
    Famous for its exceptional Royal Saltworks created by Claude-Nicolas Ledoux between 1773 and 1779, Arc-et-Senans hosted stage starts in 1996 and 2012

That year, Bradley Wiggins won his first Tour de France stage in a 41.5-km time trial to Besançon, beating team-mate and compatriot Chris Froome. Unfortunately, neither will ride through Arc-et-Senans again this summer. Wiggins was not picked by his Sky team while Chris Froome called it quits after crashing in stage 5.The Royal Saltworks is listed as a World Heritage monument by UNESCO.
    saline-royale-d-arc-et-senans-a-proximite-du-pays-horloger-4-170693.jpg

20140716415__D4D1157G.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    ^ Love that. Convincing 'defence' of Sagan/Cannondale from the Cycling Podcast crew: first segment.

Shout-out for a forum stalwart too.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    Macaloon wrote:

? I cannot listen to almost an hour to find out :D
    Contador is the Greatest
  • Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    Macaloon wrote:

? I cannot listen to almost an hour to find out :D

Yellow Peril Esq, for Tweets regarding bathing with Birnie.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • frenchfighter
    Haha, ok thanks.
    Contador is the Greatest
  • goonz
    goonz Posts: 3,106
    philbar72 wrote:
    DeadCalm wrote:
    GSVBagpuss wrote:

Wrong gear. definitely. either that or he deliberately wanted to look like an amateur!

Cant be any worse than Greipels bucking bronco!
    Scott Speedster S20 Roadie for Speed
    Specialized Hardrock MTB for Lumps
    Specialized Langster SS for Ease
    Cinelli Mash Bolt Fixed for Pain
    n+1 is well and truly on track
    Strava http://app.strava.com/athletes/1608875
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    CORVOS_00023511-081.jpg
    CORVOS_00023511-082.jpg
    CORVOS_00023511-086_zps88e39ed3.jpg
    SPTDW3011.jpg

Now that is a great sequence. 1, 2, 3, 4, hurray I've won...
  • frenchfighter
    I was thinking of what Garmin's Andrew Talansky was going through as he sat at the side of the road on stage 11 trying to make a decision. I can relate to that Tour de France experience and it's not a nice place to be and it's certainly not as some have suggested, 'a case of needing to man up and get on with it.' In my first Tour I completely lost the plot climbing the Col de Madeleine.

I was dropped from the lead group about halfway up and then gradually lost control of my breathing and then my emotions. The only solution was to stop, as it happened under the only tree for several kilometres, and try to regain my senses. If it hadn't been for my directeur sportif calming me down, removing the drama from the situation then I would probably have had to abandon. Even though I was far from being eliminated I just couldn't continue.

It took four or five minutes of just sitting there in the shade, gradually regaining normality before I could set off again and without the help of the guys in the team car I doubt I would have had enough life experience to know what to do.

No-one pressured me to continue and it wasn't easy but just like Andrew Talansky did, I thanked the guys in the team and the support staff for giving me the option of finishing that day. Toughening up wasn't mentioned. The Tour de France when it goes badly is as much an emotional challenge as it is physical.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/blogs/robert ... -de-france
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    280-PIC481307898_zpsdc2e03e0.jpg
    db
  • frenchfighter
    knedlicky wrote:
    db

?!
    Contador is the Greatest
  • knedlicky
    knedlicky Posts: 3,097
    knedlicky wrote:
    db
    ?!
    It was supposed to be, in reference to your Gallopin photo, the abbreviation for this

tumblr_kzrwsqeTd31qztriio1_500.png

but I inadvertently put the 'b' and the 'd' in the wrong order. :oops: