TDF Stage 11 - Besançon to Oyonnax *Spoilers*

Comments

• Macaloon
    Macaloon Posts: 5,545
    I’m pleased that Sagan at least didn’t chase this time. He should almost never chase. Chasing is like paying a ransom to hostage takers – it sets a precedent you don’t want to live with.

Anyone got some tips for Sagan for the next time?

OGE clearly had an interest in the finish. Cook your last rider on final climb then wheelsuck with Gerrans.
    ...a rare 100% loyal Pro Race poster. A poster boy for the community.
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,095
    D O G wrote:

Must not forget that whilst also being generally lovely AND French, she is also a very talented cyclist.

Just think, while the English get a clapped out senile old codger like Phil Liggett in France we get La Rousse :-).

Bqumr1cCYAA1UBT.jpg
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 75,661
    Canondale are rubbish this Tour.
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    Canondale are rubbish

FIFY
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • davidof
    Talansky still on the road, in the outskirts of town now; has 7 mins to cover 3km.
    Instagramme
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,857
    Talansky has, what 5 minutes to the cut?
  • Turfle
    Turfle Posts: 3,762
    I'm feeling bad for Sagan now.

I might even root for him tomorrow for the first time ever.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,241
    coriordan wrote:
    Where did Nibali cross the line? I'm sure it looked like he was in front of Sagan but cant see him in top 10
    20th
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • fleshtuxedo
    davidof wrote:
    Talansky still on the road, in the outskirts of town now; has 7 mins to cover 3km.

Ze easy peasy
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    edited July 2014
    davidof wrote:

0.jpg

Chapeau.
  • fleshtuxedo
    Safe
  • davidof
    He's arrived 32 mins
    Instagramme
  • alan_a
    alan_a Posts: 1,581
    edited July 2014
    Day after 1st rest day always seems to be bad for a Garmin rider. 2010 out of Morzine it was David Millar's turn. Wonder whether he's cheering Talansky to the line or not.
  • salsiccia1
    davidof wrote:
    D O G wrote:

Must not forget that whilst also being generally lovely AND French, she is also a very talented cyclist.

Just think, while the English get a clapped out senile old codger like Phil Liggett in France we get La Rousse :-).

Bqumr1cCYAA1UBT.jpg

In these enlightened times it's probably not appropriate to say, but she is MINT
  • Turfle
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    davidof wrote:
    D O G wrote:

Bqumr1cCYAA1UBT.jpg

In these enlightened times it's probably not appropriate to say, but she is MINT

I want this man banned.

(you're right though).
  • salsiccia1
    Turfle wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:

I want this man banned.

(you're right though).

Farewell all, it's been emotional
  • frenchfighter
    frenchfighter Posts: 30,642
    dish_dash wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Never mind all this; what is Purito wearing?

Polka dot jersey with normal Katusha red shorts... nothing too spotty from the pic I saw...

What a relief. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Nibs pretty muted as well. Though Bardet (I think) has gone for the fully white ensemble, which is not a good look... though AG2R's brown shorts aren't either...

20140716211_161159G.jpg
    Contador is the Greatest
  • salsiccia1
    dish_dash wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    dish_dash wrote:
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    Never mind all this; what is Purito wearing?

Polka dot jersey with normal Katusha red shorts... nothing too spotty from the pic I saw...

What a relief. Thanks for putting my mind at rest.

Nibs pretty muted as well. Though Bardet (I think) has gone for the fully white ensemble, which is not a good look... though AG2R's brown shorts aren't either...

20140716211_161159G.jpg

Doesn't look horrific (especially next to the standard brown shorts), but still smacks of trying too hard. Would still have preferred white jersey/team shorts.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    looks no different from BSE
  • symo
    symo Posts: 1,743
    BsrOwoACIAE8n6Y.png

the Inner Ring ‏@inrng · 1m
    Marion Rousse (Gallopin's fiancée) is a Eurosport pundit and watches the finish

What are UKIP doing about this; the lazy bottom feeding scum that they are? We have to put up with P&P and they get insightful knowledge from an extremely talented cyclist. This is Brussels gone crazy.

I demand Nigel Farage actually starts turning up to meetings and doing what he is paid to do to sort this mess out; or would Hugh Ferny-Whatshecalled be more use?
    +++++++++++++++++++++
    we are the proud, the few, Descendents.

Panama - finally putting a nail in the economic theory of the trickle down effect.
  • salsiccia1
    coriordan wrote:
    looks no different from BSE

More like CJD
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    BsrOwoACIAE8n6Y.png

She has a very all-over-even tan for a cyclist. How does she do it?

EDIT - she is very pretty, nowt wrong with saying so.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • Turfle
    BsrOwoACIAE8n6Y.png

And just like that we have the makings of an advertising campaign. How does she do it?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    Turfle wrote:
    BsrOwoACIAE8n6Y.png

And just like that we have the makings of an advertising campaign. How does she do it?

erm... more pictures of Mrs than Mr... on here ... anyone would think she had won the stage!!
    nice tan though :)
  • above_the_cows
    above_the_cows Posts: 11,406
    RideOnTime wrote:
    erm... more pictures of Mrs than Mr... on here ... anyone would think she had won the stage!!
    nice tan though :)

She's prettier. But you know what would be grand? A picture of the Lotto bus.
    Correlation is not causation.
  • milton50
    milton50 Posts: 3,856
    Same old same old. Until he gets a better team Sagan won't be winning races like this.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 19,310
    Nick Bull ‏@nickbull21 · 16m
    Garmin-Sharp DS Robbie Hunter was fined twice (2x200CHF) and Andrew Talansky once (50CHF + 20sec pen) for "abri prolongé" today.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Nick Bull ‏@nickbull21 · 16m
    Garmin-Sharp DS Robbie Hunter was fined twice (2x200CHF) and Andrew Talansky once (50CHF + 20sec pen) for "abri prolongé" today.

20 second penalty? Well that's ruined his race then!
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,400
    What's the point of the fine when he already finished more than half an hour back... Seems like a pointless exercise.